At Crunchyroll, we strive to create a great user experience. Our video content is of the highest quality and is professionally produced on large budgets. This content is broadcast on primetime television around the world. To match this viewing experience with advertisements, we've created guidelines below.
If you haven't already done so, also check out our Advertising Overview
and Advertising Sizes and Placements
Deadlines for Creative Submission
Video ads: Assets must be received a minimum of FIVE business days prior to launch. This allows us to review your video and encode them in various formats to support all our platforms.
IAB Units: Assets must be received a minimum of FIVE business days prior to launch. This gives us enough time to review them.
Homepage Sponsorship: If we are designing the creatives, assets (key art) must be received a minimum of SEVEN business days prior to launch. If the creatives are ready-made, we must receive them FIVE business days prior to launch.
Rich Media Custom Units: If we are designing your Flash creative, we'll need between FIVE and NINE business days to create them, depending on the complexity. This includes expandable units and embedded videos. If the creatives are ready-made, we must receive them FIVE business days prior to launch.
Rich Media Guidelines (Flash Creatives)
- We adhere to the IAB Rich Media Guidelines
- All creatives must be compatible with Adobe Flash 8 or higher
- Backup Image required. For users who don't have Flash, we use a backup static image instead. This image is required (.JPG or .PNG preferred)
- Autoplay is NOT allowed. The user must interact with the banner (click or 3 second hover) to play.
- No floating ads. Ads must stay within their alloted space.
- Expanding ads:
- No on-hover interaction. User must click the creative to expand
- Must never cover any portion of the video player
- Must have a clear CLOSE option
We strive to maintain a family-friendly and safe environment for our audiences, content providers, and advertisers. Because of this, we prohibit the following content.
- Ads must not be misleading, false, or fraudulent. For example, emulating Windows dialog boxes is prohibited.
- No discriminatory content, whether based on race, sex, nationality, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- No scams or illegal activity.
- No "get rich quick" schemes or chain letters.
- No alcohol, firearms, gambling, tobacco, or drug use.
- No adult content, including excessively sexually suggestive images
Right to Modify, Reject, or Remove
Crunchyroll reserves the right in its sole discretion to (a) reject any advertising and/or (b) immediately remove any non-compliant materials. Also, if received materials do not follow the specifications, we may modify them to conform to our requirements. For example, if the image weight exceeds our limits, we may recompress your image. If your video is too long, we may clip it.
Tracking and Ad Serving
When requested, Crunchyroll will provide clients with accounts to access campaign reporting.
- 1x1 tracking pixels available for a surcharge.
- If you choose to use tracking pixels, they will need to be implemented on your side.