Our minimum campaign level is $5000. If you haven't already done so, please check out our Advertising Overview
and Advertising Guidelines
. Contact email@example.com
for a media kit and more details.
1. In-stream Video Advertisements
Your 30-second video ad will appear before, after and during commercial breaks when users watch our shows. Since our shows are also broadcast on TV, we are able to show commercials at the traditional, intended breakpoints. Placement is available on our network of video streaming websites, iPhone and Android smartphones, and the iPad.
Your video commercials can be shown on:
Website In-stream Video
Actual screenshot of an AT&T video ad (with 300x250 Medium Rectangle) running on crunchyroll.com.
The Branded Slate is an in-stream trailer introducing viewers to your brand. It plays before our content videos and incorporates your logo and a brief voiceover. It is suitable if you do not have video ads readily available, but want your message integrated with our viewing experience.
Actual screenshot of a Branded Slate for The Sims 3 running on crunchyroll.com.
iPhone and Android
Actual screenshot of an Olay video ad running in our Crunchyroll iPhone App.
Actual screenshot of a Metamucil video ad running in our Crunchyroll iPad App.
Video Ad Specs
- Recommended video length:
- Maximum video length:
The highest quality will allow us to encode the video to our specifications. Our content is shown in Standard-Definition, 480P, 720P and 1080p High-Definition.
- Aspect Ratio:
16:9 preferred. If the video is not 16:9, it may be letterboxed, i.e. black bars may fill remainder of the screen
Preroll, Midroll, and/or Postroll
For our website, your video ad can also be clicked to a link of your choice. On iPhone, iPad, and Android, the video ad can be touched to open a link.
- Companions: You can complement your video with a 300x250 banner to the right of the video.
- Supported Formats:
.MOV, .AVI, .MP4, .MKV, .WMV
2. Display Advertisements (Banner)
Display ad units are static images or rich-media creatives that run on our webpages, email newsletters, iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones. We provide 4 types of units: the Homepage Sponsorship, traditional IAB banner units, the Interstitial, and the Email Newsletter Sponsorship.
The Homepage Sponsorship is an immersive, custom unit on the homepage of crunchyroll.com. The masthead can be rich-media and include videos.
Actual screenshot of the Homepage Sponsorship with Expandable Video for Square Enix's Mindjack video game.
Masthead + Sidebars
Homepage Sponsorship w/ Medium Rectangle
Masthead + Sidebars + 300x250
Homepage Sponsorship w/ Expandable Masthead
Expandable Masthead + Sidebars
Homepage Sponsorship Specs
- Download the template file (103KB zip)
Masthead Size: 960x160 or 960x250. Rich-media and embedded videos are allowed. Expandable up to 960x500 when clicked.
Masthead Format: .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .PSD, .SWF (Flash rich-media), 100KB max
Sidebars Size (optional): 2000x1000. One image spans across and behind the page content.
Sidebars Format: .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .PSD, no rich-media, 400KB max
Clicks: The masthead and side bars can be linked to a webpage of your choice.
- Companions: You can complement your video with a traditional 300x250 below the masthead (extra surcharge).
Traditional Banner Units
These banner units run across our network of websites, mobile devices, and email newsletters. We support IAB Standard units and custom 960-pixel wide mastheads. Flash rich-media is supported, and can be combined as companions in tandem with other units (including in-stream videos).
Masthead or Leadboard w/ Medium Rectangle
Rich-media Flash, non-IAB
960x160 or 960x250, non-IAB
Leaderboard w/ Medium Rectangle
Roadblock 728x90 + 300x250
Traditional Banner Specs
- Medium Rectangle: 300x250
- Leaderboard: 728x90
- Skyscraper: 120x600
- Roadblock: 728x90 + 300x250
- Masthead: 960x250 or 960x160 (non-IAB standard)
- Expandable Masthead: 960x250 (expanded to 960x500, non-IAB standard)
- Image Format: .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .PSD, .TIF, .BMP, .SWF (Flash rich-media)
- Clicks: All creatives can be linked to a webpage of your choice.
The Branded Video Player
The Branded Video Player gives your ad long-lasting exposure. Your ad creates a "chrome" or "frame" around our videos, immersing your brand into the viewing experience. Since our videos are full episodes, our viewers will see your brand for over 20 minutes.
Actual Branded Video Player for Sega's Super Monkey Ball, 630x460.
Branded Video Player Specs
- Download the template file (24KB jpg)
- Image Size: 630x460, 100KB max
- Image Format: .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .PSD, .TIF, .BMP
- Clicks: The area below the video player can be linked to a webpage of your choice.
- Duration: Lasts the entire time the user is watching the video.
The Interstitial is a full page, high impact unit. Your ad is front and center, with no other content on the page. When people visit crunchyroll.com, they will first see your Interstitial.
Interstitial for Square Enix's Mindjack video game, 750x550.
- Interstitial Size: Any size up to 960x500
- Rich Media: Flash is allowed. You may also embed videos in your Flash. Video and audio can autoplay.
- Allowed Formats: Rich-media Flash (.SWF) or static images (.JPG, .PNG, .TIF)
- Duration: Lasts for 30 seconds or until the "Continue" link is clicked.
- Frequency Cap: We only show Interstitials once every 24 hours for each unique visitor.
Email Newsletter Sponsorship (The Crunchyroll Takeout)
Every two weeks, we send an email newsletter called The Crunchyroll Takeout to over two million opt-in Crunchyroll members. We have an in-house editorial staff, as well as individual guest contributors. Newsletters feature articles, review new episodes for popular shows, and report on the latest news.
The Crunchyroll Takeout. Sample email newsletter screenshot with Iron Man 2 theatrical.
Email Newsletter Specs
- Leaderboard: 728x90
- Small Rectangle: 200x167 (non-IAB standard, same aspect ratio as 300x250)
- Text: Limit of 200 characters. Appears below the small rectangle
- Image Format: .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .PSD, .TIF, .BMP (no rich media)
- Clicks: The leaderboard and small rectangle can be linked to a webpage of your choice.
Your banners and video ads can be targeted to your ideal users based on various criteria. Frequency caps are also available. Please inquire for more information.
4. Tracking and Ad Serving Technology
We use DoubleClick's DART For Publishers to manage most of our ad units. We can provide you with access to DART reporting if needed.
We support the following vendors:
DART and Motif
Through these vendors, you can track your performance by:
- 1x1 Tracking Pixels
- Daily Visits
- Custom Counters
- Items Purchased
We are also part of the MTV Tribes, a network of websites hand-picked for their high quality content.
5. Contact Us
Like what you see? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for a media kit and rate cards.
Also, please check out our Advertising Guidelines