Download Podcast Here
Listen to Other Episodes of the Bonus Round on A3K
Run Time: 00:30:13
Producer: Sean Russell
Special Guests: Tommy Yune & Lee Kohse
Opening: Mach A Go Go (Japanese Opening)
Closing: Go Speed Racer (American Opening)
- Tommy Yune is creative director at Harmony Gold USA and is primarily known for his work on Robotech.
- Wrote the 1990s Speed Racer comic for Wildstorm/DC.
- Worked with Jo Chen on the Racer X mini-series.
- In 2001, Tommy worked on Speed Racer Circle of Vengeance for Wildstorm.
- Began working with Robotech after his stint with Speed Racer.
- Had the good fortune of meeting with Ippei Kuri, who is the animation director of Speed Racer.
- Lee Kohse Co-founded Bloodfire Studios and worked for IDW and Marvel
- Created the Kindergoth web comic and licensing art for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Aliens Vs Predator and Shrek
- Bloodfire became a subsidiary of Allegory Media making Lee Kohse a creative director for the company
[00:08:18] Comic Book Expectations
- References the manga, anime and Tommy Yune's comic book
- Going deeper into the characters, exploring some of their back stories
- Robby Muso is an artist on the series that worked on Transformers and Speed Racer at IDW
- James Rochelle is the colorist and Len Wein is an editor on the series
[00:20:24] News Outside of Speed Racer
- Big announcements at Comic Con. News about Warner Brothers acquiring the movie rights and a new direct to DVD feature
- Allegory will launch a few mini-series to test the waters for longer series
- Follow Allegory Media on Twitter