Japan's Digital Comic Association , comprised of 39 Japanese publishers, have announced that North America targeting manga portal JManga.com, currently in closed beta, will launch on August 17, 2011. Publishers will be holding a panel at this weekend's San Diego Comic Con.
JManga.com aims to be a manga portal website that can be enjoyed by as wide a readership as possible, with the goal conveying the interest and fun of manga to as many people as possible.
The site will feature
- An official manga portal website in which a concentration of Japanese manga publishers can release content.
- A place for the release manga titles from the plethora of genres spawned by Japanese manga culture.
- A site to read such diverse titles as; NARUTO, Kekkaishi, Crayon Shinchan, Devil King, Cigarette Kisses, Dragon Girl, Tujiurauri, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, Young-kun, ADEKAN, Manga Science, and more.
- A medium to provide services and content that only an official site can, such as, manga artist interviews and feature articles.
- A gathering point for manga fans worldwide to communicate their activities, thoughts and tastes via social networking features to be integrated.
- An official manga portal website operated by the Digital Comic Association supported JManga Co., Ltd.