On January 1st, 1963, anime was revolutionized by the debut of the first televised series, Astro Boy. To mark the occasion, Japan's public NHK network tried to determine the top anime heroine. A "My Favorite Heroines" popularity poll narrowed the field down to ten, which were then ranked by the votes conducted during a live broadcast from 7:20 pm to 9:00 pm on January 2nd, 2013.
Final results were:
10. Evangelion's Rei Ayanami - 1%
9. Haruhi Suzumiya - 2%
8. Bleach's Rukia Kuchiki - 3%
7. Madoka Magica's Madoka Kaname - 4%
6. A Certain Scientific Railgun's Mikoto Misaka - 4%
5. K-ON!'s Yui Hirasawa - 5%
4. CardCaptor Sakura's Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
3. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha's Fate Testarossa - 12%
2. Madoka Magica's Homura Akemi - 14%
1. The [email protected]'s Haruka Amami - 44%
What do you think about Haruka's landslide win?