Back when the lineup for EVO 2013 was announced, I mentioned the donation drive to determine the tournament's eighth title. Well, SRK have revealed the current standings for the drive, and the results are... well, surprising, to say the least.
1. My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic - $3,519.50
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee - $1,404.32
3. Skullgirls - $814.22
4. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - $767.90
5. SoulCalibur V - $387.41
6. Divekick - $343.95
7. Dead or Alive 5 - $202.69
8. BlazBlue - $200.00 (no mention on which edition, but most likely Continuum Shift EXTEND)
9. Virtua Fighter 5 - $191.00 (again, most likely the most recent edition, Final Showdown)
10. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $155.00
I already said this to Joseph: I am never underestimating Bronies, ever again. Apparently, if you want to raise money for a good cause, make sure to target all the 18-25-year-old guys who wear "20% Cooler" shirts.
There's still time until the January 29th deadline for the donation drive, so if you want your game in the competition, get on it--all donations go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation! Out of the top ten, which title do you want to see take its place among EVO's eight main competitive titles?