Namco Bandai hopes some of the Dark Souls fans out there are ready to get creative. A design contest launched on the sequel's official Facebook page today, so you can start coming up with your very own original shield design now.
Designs can be submitted through May 13, after which the contest will enter a voting only phase until May 20. The shield with the most fan votes will then enter a final round of judging by the Dark Souls II development team at FromSoftware in Japan. The team will choose six winning shield designs to be included in Dark Souls II, so your work of art could actually end up in the game.
Winners will be announced at San Diego Comic-Con, which takes place July 18-21. Here's Namco Bandai's step-by-step basic info for entering:
How to enter the DARK SOULS II Shield Design Contest:
● Become a fan on the official DARK SOULS II Facebook page at www.facebook.com/darksouls
● Check out the Shield Design Facebook application
● Download the blank shield template
● Create up to three original masterpieces of heraldic design
● Submit your finished designs via Facebook before May 14, 2013
Anyone plan on testing their shield designing might?