Well timed for this weekend's release of Nisio Isin and Akira Akatsuki's Medaka Box Juvenile light novel, Shonen Jump is confirming that series heroine Medaka Kurokami and Misogi Kumagawa wil be appearing in PlayStation 3 crossover fighting game J-Stars Victory Vs.
Medaka joins known playable characters:
- Son Goku (Dragon Ball)
- Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
- Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
- Toriko (Toriko)
- Zebra (Toriko)
- Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
- Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
- Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
- Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
- Kankichi Ryotsu (Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo)
- Gon Freecss (Hunter × Hunter)
- Yusuke Urameshi (YuYu Hakusho)
- Taro Yamada (Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukaina Nakama-tachi-)
Misogi joins known support characters:
- Babaa (Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukaina Nakama-tachi-)
- Jaguar Junichi (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar)
The PlayStation 3 crossover fighting game celebrates the 45th anniversary of Shonen Jump.
A Japanese prose preview of Juvenile can be read at http://j-books.shueisha.co.jp/pickup/medakabox_juvenile/cl/
Scott Green is editor and reporter for anime and manga at geek entertainment site Ain't It Cool News. Follow him on Twitter at @aicnanime.