A new update for Vanillaware's PlayStation 3/PS Vita beat 'em up Dragon's Crown is now live, and it brings a number of additions to the side-scrolling action. The biggest changes come in the form of a new Ultimate difficulty, which raises the level cap from 99 to 255 and also introduces a new randomly-generated dungeon, the Tower of Mirages.
Ultimate difficulty can be unlocked by clearing the ninth floor of the Labyrinth of Chaos. Atlus is calling this the "fifth and final patch," and you can see the full breakdown of what comes with it below:
- Gameplay stability is improved.
- Clearing the ninth layer in the Labyrinth of Chaos unlocks a new "Ultimate" difficulty level. This difficulty can be selected at the Temple.
- When in Ultimate difficulty, a new randomly generated dungeon named the "Tower of Mirages" is added.
- Ultimate difficulty raises the level cap from LV 99 to LV 255.
- Item shortcuts can now be assigned and used separately by holding L1 and the Up directional button.
- Damage values can now be displayed as a running total instead of per-hit.
- To help increase player character visibility, characters can be shown with transparencies when they are on top of one another. This feature is available in the Options menu and can be toggled on or off.
- Save files that have cleared Story mode can skip the first quests leading to the Talisman collection when creating a new character.
- Guild Quests that have already been cleared may now be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.
- Character class skills have received a number of adjustments.
- NPC behavior has been adjusted.
- Rules and effects regarding equipment, items, and skills in the Colosseum have been adjusted.
- Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have been mad
Joseph Luster is the Games and Web editor at Otaku USA Magazine. His blog can be found at subhumanzoids. Follow him on Twitter at @Moldilox.