"Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment" Game Sequel Being Discussed

Producer Yosuke Futami prepares to kick off the sequel planning

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment has been doing pretty well for itself in Japan since its release on PS Vita. Producer Yosuke Futami previously told Famitsu magazine that if this installment sold more copies than PSP predecessor Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment a sequel would be possible, and it looks like that's the case.

 

According to this week's issue of Famitsu, a sequel is in the planning stages. Thanks to Hollow Fragment already having outsold Infinity Moment, Futami said, "I'm thinking about setting up plans for the sequel," so hopefully we'll know more about those plans in the not too distant future. 

 

In the meantime, SAO fans in North America and Europe can look forward to their respective localizations on August 19 and 20.

 

Via Siliconera

 

-------

Joseph Luster is the Games and Web editor at Otaku USA Magazine. His blog can be found at subhumanzoids. Follow him on Twitter at @Moldilox.

Other Top News

35 Comments
Sort by: