Aichi Prefecture has started recruiting new members of its "Hattori Hanzo and the Ninjas" team to promote tourism in the area through their performance and original Ninja school. The full-time ninjas will receive a fixed salary of 180,000 yen (about 1,567 US dollars) monthly and a bonus from April 2017 to March 2018.
The team was formed in 2015 and has been supervised by Prof. Yuji Yamada at the faculty of humanities at Mie University, who is a world authority of Ninja studies. Any nationality is welcomed (Japanese language skill is required), and the team received over 200 entries from abroad last year.
Their jobs are listed as below:
1. To perform Ninja show (mainly at Nagoya castle and in various events all over Japan and in overseas)
2. To manage “Become a Ninja” experience (rental ninja costume, shuriken, etc.)
3. Omotenashi (hand out leaflets, taking photos with the guests, guide of tourism of Aichi)
4. Aichi PR through the media (TV/radio/newspaper/magazine)
5. To participate in various events to attract customers, for promotion
Applications will be accepted till March 21. You can check more details here.
"Hattori Hanzo and the Ninjas" PR movie
Performance from their debut stage