12-song album will include the late Ritsuko Okazaki's unreleased song "Mint"
The official website for 50-year-old voice actress/singer Megumi Hayashibara (female Ranma Saotome in Ranma 1/2, Lina Inverse in Slayers, Rei Ayanami in Neon Genesis Evangelion) announced today on January 22 that her yet-titled 14th album is set to be released in Japan on March 30. It will be her first original album in seven years and eight months since "CHOICE" released in July 2010.
The 12-song album will include two newly-recorded songs: "Mint," the late Ritsuko Okazaki (TV anime Fruits Basket OP/ED theme songs)'s unreleased song, and "Fifty" whose lyrics is written by Hayashibara herself.
In addition to various character songs, she has also released 42 singles in her 32-year solo singer career. She has 17 top 10 singles (her top-selling single was 11th "Give a reason" that sold 230,000 copies in 1996), and has been considered as the most successful anime voice actress/singer in the
- "Tsubasa" (Mardock Scramble The Third Exhaust theme song)
- "Sanhara ~ Seinaru Chikara~"
- "Come sweet death, second impact"
- "The Image of black me"
- "Usura Hi Shinju" (Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju OP)
- "Imawa no Shinigami" (Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju OP)
- "Osorezan Revoir" (newly-included song)
- "Dilemmatic triangle opera AYANAMI Version" (newly-included)
- "Shuketsu no Sono he~ Second Impact~" (newly-included/CR Evangelion X insert song）
- "Mou Hitori no Watshu MEGU Version" (newly-included)
- "Mint" (newly-recorded song/the late Ritsuko Okazaki's unreleased song)
- "Fifty" (newly-recorded song written by Hayashibara herself)
Megumi Hayashibara artist photo
(C) Copyright King Record.Co.,Ltd.
41st single "Usura Hi Shinju" MV (February 3, 2016 release)
42nd single "Imawa no Shinigami" MV (February 22, 2017 release)