In addition to news on upcoming western releases of Steins;Gate Elite and other titles at this past week's GDC 2018 event, Spike Chunsoft announced a release date for the Steam version of Steins;Gate 0. The visual novel is coming to the service on May 8, and its page is now live ahead of launch.
A new story in the critically-acclaimed STEINS;GATE series. From the depths of despair--explore a whole new world line. Your favorite characters return alongside a brand new cast!
- STEINS;GATE 0 continues the time travelling theme - but adds artificial intelligence as its central hook
- Help a group of young students bend time to their will and prevent the onset of World War 3
- Beautiful artwork and engaging story for an unforgettable experience
- Tells the story of an 'Alternate Worldline' - what happens if players failed the original story
- Interact with the story using your smart phone - answering (or not!) your phone, and your responses, will determine the outcome to the story
Joseph Luster is the Games and Web editor at Otaku USA Magazine. You can read his webcomic, BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS at subhumanzoids. Follow him on Twitter @Moldilox.