Remove this ad
First  Prev  1018  1019  1020  1021  1022  1023  1024  1025  1026  1027  1028  1029  1030  Next  Last
Site Support/Help (Ask minor questions here)
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
33245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/24/12

Option01 wrote:

Hello, I am interested in signing up for a Premium membership so that I can watch Crunchyroll in HD. However, I am having trouble determing which animes are available in HD. Is there a list somewhere or can I safely assume that any shows made in the last few years will be broadcast in HD? Thank you in advance.



We don't currently have any information on the splash page for a show, however if you click into an episode you will be able to see the resolutions available.
The Wise Wizard
67751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 1/24/12

Option01 wrote:

Hello, I am interested in signing up for a Premium membership so that I can watch Crunchyroll in HD. However, I am having trouble determing which animes are available in HD. Is there a list somewhere or can I safely assume that any shows made in the last few years will be broadcast in HD? Thank you in advance.

Indeed, most of the shows from the past couple of years simulcasts should be in 720p. (1080p was only recently added).

For the site redesign, CR may want to look into a system like TAN has, where they have 3 dots beside each title to indicate if a sub is available, if a dub is available, and if it is in HD (720p).

Since CR has few dubs, they could omit the sub indicator, and just use one for dubs, and have two other dots to indicate 720p and 1080p. Possibly they could us boxes instead of dots, and have a half-full box if only some of the episodes of a series were available in either resolution.

122533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 1/24/12 , edited 1/24/12
Edit: Nvm, it's fixed. I guess my Internet was just a bit laggy during that specific time.
Org
2206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Usa,IL
Offline
Posted 1/24/12 , edited 1/25/12
Does CR add/remove older anime?

I really want to watch Bakemonogatari before Nisemonogatari but CR doesn't offer it was wondering if they might add it at some point.

/edit same with the Zero no Tsukaima CR offers the newest ones but not the older ones.
22260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 1/25/12 , edited 1/25/12

Bjaker wrote:

We don't currently have any information on the splash page for a show, however if you click into an episode you will be able to see the resolutions available.


Thank you Bjaker, that is exactly what I was looking for! I assume this infomation is only available when viewing shows on the Crunchyroll website? (as opposed to IOS/Android apps or Roku channel)




TheAncientOne wrote:

[Indeed, most of the shows from the past couple of years simulcasts should be in 720p. (1080p was only recently added).

For the site redesign, CR may want to look into a system like TAN has, where they have 3 dots beside each title to indicate if a sub is available, if a dub is available, and if it is in HD (720p).

Since CR has few dubs, they could omit the sub indicator, and just use one for dubs, and have two other dots to indicate 720p and 1080p. Possibly they could us boxes instead of dots, and have a half-full box if only some of the episodes of a series were available in either resolution.



Thank you too! Since Crunchyroll will now how anime available in three different formats, I completely agree that such a system would be a great addition to the site. Also, I actually never use the website for watching anime and if a sizeable portion of your customer base does the same, then it might be worth the effort to bring such a system to your other content portals (IOS app, Roku channel, etc.)
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
33245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/25/12

Org wrote:

Does CR add/remove older anime?

I really want to watch Bakemonogatari before Nisemonogatari but CR doesn't offer it was wondering if they might add it at some point.

/edit same with the Zero no Tsukaima CR offers the newest ones but not the older ones.



Excellent question!

We do both. It all depends on licenses and contracts.
Crunchyroll does its best to obtain the licensing for current as well as older shows. So if we happen to obtain the rights to stream an older show we will host it on the site.

If for some reason a contract ends, or license agreements change, it is possible that we might have to remove content from the site. Obviously we really hope this doesn't happen, but the truth is that it does sometimes.

Hope that helped! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Org
2206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Usa,IL
Offline
Posted 1/25/12 , edited 1/25/12
Thank you.



Dat bow tie.
Posted 1/27/12
there's an issue with the pages in the profiles. if i click on one to read it, and then go back and click on the tab "pages", all it does it show the same page, so i have to refresh the entire webpage, and then it'll go to the other pages selection. but i have to do that after every page i read. click the tab and then refresh, instead of taking me right back to the whole list. (it's just an annoyance really)
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/12
hi guys just wondering if u can get english dubbed naruto shippuden on the crunchyroll app for ipad is there a setting or somthing and if not could some1 tell me where i can stream naruto shippuden english dubbed on my ipad
hope i posted this in the right category i am sorry if i didnt
thanks everyone
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/12
Um is there a way to watch the original naruto for free b/c its been out for more than a week from when japan released it. Or is it that good of a show that i have to pay for it to watch it cause it no letting me watch it witout paying and i dont have the money to pay for it
20684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / below the rain
Offline
Posted 1/29/12
Excuse meee!!!

How can i delete ALL of my GB'S?!?! (guestbooks) :c Please someone HELP ME!!!
Org
2206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Usa,IL
Offline
Posted 1/30/12 , edited 1/30/12

devo177 wrote:

hi guys just wondering if u can get english dubbed naruto shippuden on the crunchyroll app for ipad is there a setting or somthing and if not could some1 tell me where i can stream naruto shippuden english dubbed on my ipad
hope i posted this in the right category i am sorry if i didnt
thanks everyone :)


http://naruto.viz.com/ might offer dub look there.



hanktappe wrote:

Um is there a way to watch the original naruto for free b/c its been out for more than a week from when japan released it. Or is it that good of a show that i have to pay for it to watch it cause it no letting me watch it witout paying and i dont have the money to pay for it


http://www.hulu.com/naruto
22260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 1/31/12
Is there any other way to get 720p or higher Crunchyroll on my TV without plugging it into a computer? (not a viable option for me)

I'm currently using a Roku XS but after some forum research, it appears that the Crunchroll channel on Roku maxes out a 480p. And yes, my TV supports 720p/1080p, I am using an HDMI connection, and my Roku is setup up for 1080p and directly connected to my 6 Mbps DSL (not wireless).
7528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/31/12
Are CR Points and CR Bucks the same thing? And what exactly are CR points?
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
33245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/31/12

Option01 wrote:

Is there any other way to get 720p or higher Crunchyroll on my TV without plugging it into a computer? (not a viable option for me)

I'm currently using a Roku XS but after some forum research, it appears that the Crunchroll channel on Roku maxes out a 480p. And yes, my TV supports 720p/1080p, I am using an HDMI connection, and my Roku is setup up for 1080p and directly connected to my 6 Mbps DSL (not wireless).



We're currently working on incorporating 720p & 1080p availability for Roku.
First  Prev  1018  1019  1020  1021  1022  1023  1024  1025  1026  1027  1028  1029  1030  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.