First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What dog breed do you have?
80732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 7/28/18
We have guard dogs that are Czech working-line German Shepherds. So like a German Shepherd on steroids with straight backs, stocky bodies and they're bigger. They are quite popular in the US now but not in the UK. Ours are imported from Czech Republic. You can see the difference between the two in the pics. They make great pets and love guarding, they just patrol around and look beautiful doing it



My doggies:



610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 9/4/17
I have a mutt.

He is a mix between a Corgi and a Australian Shepherd.

He is tri-colored ...so brown, white, and black.
823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 9/5/17
Cocker Spaniel <3

He's a dorakable
20505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Idaho
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17
German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix.
1456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Dominican Republic
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17
german shepherd and 2 beauties that are mixes
91002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17
German Shepherd. Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat, and cats are pointless.
2064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Sacramento, CA
Online
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17
German Shepherds getting a lot of love in this thread.

I have two dogs atm. One is a Golden Doodle (a mix between a golden retriever and a poodle) and the other is a German Shepherd/Coon Hound mix that most people just mistake as a huge black lab. I even get people who argue with me that I'm wrong about his breed even though I know both his parents (they were my roommates dogs).



Guess which one is which.

That chzech shepherd looks dope btw. I would have just confused him for a black german shepherd.
80732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17

DrunkKanti wrote:

German Shepherds getting a lot of love in this thread.

I have two dogs atm. One is a Golden Doodle (a mix between a golden retriever and a poodle) and the other is a German Shepherd/Coon Hound mix that most people just mistake as a huge black lab. I even get people who argue with me that I'm wrong about his breed even though I know both his parents (they were my roommates dogs).



Guess which one is which.

That chzech shepherd looks dope btw. I would have just confused him for a black german shepherd.


Yup they're awesome, they will definitely overtake the normal Shepherd in popularity soon because they're so much healthier and don't have the hip or join disorders because of their straight backs.
2064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Sacramento, CA
Online
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17

Rinnybean wrote:

Yup they're awesome, they will definitely overtake the normal Shepherd in popularity soon because they're so much healthier and don't have the hip or join disorders because of their straight backs.


That's good. I really wanted a German Shepherd, but decided to get a mix breed instead for that exact reason, well that and I got him for free. (best decision I've ever made btw, he's literally the GOAT dog ).
80732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17

DrunkKanti wrote:


Rinnybean wrote:

Yup they're awesome, they will definitely overtake the normal Shepherd in popularity soon because they're so much healthier and don't have the hip or join disorders because of their straight backs.


That's good. I really wanted a German Shepherd, but decided to get a mix breed instead for that exact reason, well that and I got him for free. (best decision I've ever made btw, he's literally the GOAT dog ).


Ahh nice yeah mixed breeds are healthier too well next time get a Czech, they are nuts and need a lot of exercise though.
31437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17
2 pure bread King Charles Cavalier Spaniels.
2064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Sacramento, CA
Online
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17

Rinnybean wrote:
Ahh nice yeah mixed breeds are healthier too well next time get a Czech, they are nuts and need a lot of exercise though.


I'll definitely consider it. About the exercise bit, how long would you recommend I walk a Czech? I walk my current dogs about 40 min or so a night (each) and let them play outside for a good portion of the day. Other than walks, I'm not a very active person tbh, which is why huskies have been permanently crossed off my list of potential pets even though I absolutely love everything else about them. I just couldn't stand the thought of not giving an animal the attention and exercise it needs. I'm already stuck with an insane cat because my parents thought bengals were adorable, and did no actual research on their temperaments and emotional needs.
80732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17

DrunkKanti wrote:


Rinnybean wrote:
Ahh nice yeah mixed breeds are healthier too well next time get a Czech, they are nuts and need a lot of exercise though.


I'll definitely consider it. About the exercise bit, how long would you recommend I walk a Czech? I walk my current dogs about 40 min or so a night (each) and let them play outside for a good portion of the day. Other than walks, I'm not a very active person tbh, which is why huskies have been permanently crossed off my list of potential pets even though I absolutely love everything else about them. I just couldn't stand the thought of not giving an animal the attention and exercise it needs. I'm already stuck with an insane cat because my parents thought bengals were adorable, and did no actual research on their temperaments and emotional needs.


When they're young no more than two short walks a day, but when they develop properly (they get really big so the bones need a chance to grow without strain being put on them as puppies) but now they're 2 years old + and need hour long walks once a day or you can do like two 30 minute walks (probably best) and games like fetch to tire them out. They're also very intelligent and need challenging activities to do, ours are working guard dogs so they have the run of the property and really enjoy that, and they get a lot of exercise that way but it's still nice for them to go out on walks to have a change of scenery.
249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 7/28/18
I have three Australian Shepherds. Two are girls and one is a boy.

Daisy is red merle coloured, 10 years old, has a natural bobtail and Violet's mother.
Violet is red tri coloured, 8 years old, has a tail and Daisy's daughter.
Kei is red merle coloured even though he has a lot of white, almost 2 years old, has a natural bobtail and is deaf. Kei is named after Tsukishima Kei from Haikyuu!!



2064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Sacramento, CA
Online
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17

Rinnybean wrote:
When they're young no more than two short walks a day, but when they develop properly (they get really big so the bones need a chance to grow without strain being put on them as puppies) but now they're 2 years old + and need hour long walks once a day or you can do like two 30 minute walks (probably best) and games like fetch to tire them out. They're also very intelligent and need challenging activities to do, ours are working guard dogs so they have the run of the property and really enjoy that, and they get a lot of exercise that way but it's still nice for them to go out on walks to have a change of scenery.


That's cool. Adding another 20 minutes or so onto my nightly walks shouldn't be too difficult, and I could always add a morning walk to my routine if I have to. I was just worried they might be like Huskies where they have to run 15 miles a day or they get super depressed. Anyways I always like to have at least 2 dogs at a time so they can also play with each other and wear themselves out that way.

Ninja Edit-

JGoldup wrote:

Those are some good-looking dogs.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.