First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Florida gun owners encouraged to fire their guns at Hurricane Irma
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 9/10/17 , edited 9/18/17

outontheop wrote:

Holy shit, dude. The joke is that it is obviously a stupid idea, and that no one ACTUALLY intends to do so. The humor is that it is patently absurd and everyone knows it.

But if you *did* fire out to sea from an abandoned beach, who cares? There's no sea traffic out there, all boats have been long since recalled back in. Anyone who thinks 100mph wind is even close to enough to push a bullet backwards has absolutely no knowledge of ballistics. A hint: fighter airplanes with far greater than 100mph relative windspeed do not shoot themselves down when they shoot into a 400-500 mph slipstream.


Shhhhhhh don't speak logic here! Only circlejerk time.

Obviously these people are 100% serious and it is a reflection of gun owners intelligence. Since hurricanes move wind obviously they will cause the bullets to fly in circles shooting more people! This is also all Trumps fault because something gun owners something Trump supporters something Bernie can still win the presidency.
mxdan 
11673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 9/10/17

Rujikin wrote:

Obviously these people are 100% serious and it is a reflection of gun owners intelligence. Since hurricanes move wind obviously they will cause the bullets to fly in circles shooting more people! This is also all Trumps fault because something gun owners something Trump supporters something Bernie can still win the presidency.



30264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/10/17 , edited 9/10/17

mxdan wrote:


outontheop wrote:


mxdan wrote:

Cause firing a gun into the sky like a idiot is hilarious, right?


Holy shit, dude. The joke is that it is obviously a stupid idea, and that no one ACTUALLY intends to do so. The humor is that it is patently absurd and everyone knows it.


Uh, yeah, I don't find the joke funny.

You don't need to break down 'absurdism' into bullet points. It's a style of humor that predicates on being edgy and is in a lot of cases just not funny to me unless it really breaks the mold.


Mmmmm, yes. I cannot think of anything edgier.

....Oh, wait. How about being a snarky ass to a bunch of other people and mocking their intellect because they find something funny that you do not? Congrats. You are hereby crowned edgelord extraordinaire.


mxdan wrote:


But if you *did* fire out to sea from an abandoned beach, who cares? There's no sea traffic out there, all boats have been long since recalled back in. Anyone who thinks 100mph wind is even close to enough to push a bullet backwards has absolutely no knowledge of ballistics. A hint: fighter airplanes with far greater than 100mph relative windspeed do not shoot themselves down when they shoot into a 400-500 mph slipstream.


Do what you want. I'm still gonna judge someone for wasting their time, money, and resources, on a joke that's not even that funny to begin with .


And I'm still gonna judge you for being a self-righteous, humorless asshat who cannot fathom that the idea of trolling a bunch of humorless self-righteous asshats in the media into seriously reporting a ludicrous trope might have humor in it for some people, so hey, there's that.

mxdan 
11673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 9/10/17 , edited 9/10/17

outontheop wrote:

....Oh, wait. How about being a snarky ass to a bunch of other people and mocking their intellect because they find something funny that you do not? Congrats. You are hereby crowned edgelord extraordinaire.


If you thought I was mocking anyone in particulars intellect then you have me all wrong. The idea of absurdism in general is where I direct my displeasure. As I think in many way's it harms comedy rather then expands it. I mean I'm not exactly preaching to the choir here but the short of it is that it stopped being about comedic sarcasm long ago and it's just one-upmanship (whose got the biggest balls) for a part of the population that no longer cares if it's absurd. Case and point with people actually gearing up to do this, when the worst Atlantic hurricane in recorded history, slowly creeps down on their doorstep.



And I'm still gonna judge you for being a self-righteous, humorless asshat who cannot fathom that the idea of trolling a bunch of humorless self-righteous asshats in the media into seriously reporting a ludicrous trope might have humor in it for some people, so hey, there's that.



Relax friend. I think you are blowing this wayyy out of proportion. Am I gonna judge a hypothetic person for shooting a gun at a hurricane in a storm?

Yes.

Am I gonna judge someone for making a bad joke?

Far less so.

You act like I'm the embodiment of all your hate or something. Sheesh.
3527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/10/17 , edited 9/10/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


dulun18 wrote:



people are easy preys now a day..

https://www.facebook.com/events/126766931320280/


gullible or deplorable ??? take your pick. I'm going by the way. you ?




I'll also bring a couple of friends with unique firepower to take on this hurricane.. humans vs mother nature



i'll run right over with my missiles and rocker launchers











you might like these



22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 9/10/17 , edited 9/10/17

mxdan wrote:


outontheop wrote:

....Oh, wait. How about being a snarky ass to a bunch of other people and mocking their intellect because they find something funny that you do not? Congrats. You are hereby crowned edgelord extraordinaire.


If you thought I was mocking anyone in particulars intellect then you have me all wrong. The idea of absurdism in general is where I direct my displeasure. As I think in many way's it harms comedy rather then expands it. I mean I'm not exactly preaching to the choir here but the short of it is that it stopped being about comedic sarcasm long ago and it's just one-upmanship (whose got the biggest balls) for a part of the population that no longer cares if it's absurd. Case and point with people actually gearing up to do this, when the worst Atlantic hurricane in recorded history, slowly creeps down on their doorstep.



And I'm still gonna judge you for being a self-righteous, humorless asshat who cannot fathom that the idea of trolling a bunch of humorless self-righteous asshats in the media into seriously reporting a ludicrous trope might have humor in it for some people, so hey, there's that.



Relax friend. I think you are blowing this wayyy out of proportion. Am I gonna judge a hypothetic person for shooting a gun at a hurricane in a storm?

Yes.

Am I gonna judge someone for making a bad joke?

Far less so.

You act like I'm the embodiment of all your hate or something. Sheesh.


Absurdism is like a trademark of anime along with slapstick humor. I'm kind of surprised anime doesnt annoy you as its everywhere.

Also people make jokes in times of hardship. Its only recently that people stopped due to political correctness and people not understanding it.
15843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/10/17
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-warns-people-shooting-hurricane-irma/story?id=49741491

Pasco County Sheriff recommends that you do not shoot at Irma. I can only suspect it would just make Irma angry, anyway.
4322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/11/17

dulun18 wrote:



you might like these






Do you know which series those gifs belong to ??






72239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 9/12/17
Definitely a dumb and crazy idea that is. First of all, people shouldn't even be getting near a hurricane as they are quite dangerous and evacuation orders are issued for a reason. And second of all, the hurricane doesn't even have a solid body as it's made up of a large swirl of clouds. Lastly, the winds are so strong that the bullet might end up shooting the shooter instead. Just don't ever try this. Of course, in Florida where gun laws are more relaxed than other places in the country, they always say something like this.
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 9/12/17

Bakaneer wrote:

Definitely a dumb and crazy idea that is. First of all, people shouldn't even be getting near a hurricane as they are quite dangerous and evacuation orders are issued for a reason. And second of all, the hurricane doesn't even have a solid body as it's made up of a large swirl of clouds. Lastly, the winds are so strong that the bullet might end up shooting the shooter instead. Just don't ever try this. Of course, in Florida where gun laws are more relaxed than other places in the country, they always say something like this.


Nonsense! If you shoot it then it will die! We just need enough people shooting it then we can stop the hurricane! Pew pew pew pew
11307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 9/12/17
How else to stop the sharks?
1309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/12/17

Rujikin wrote:
Nonsense! If you shoot it then it will die! We just need enough people shooting it then we can stop the hurricane! Pew pew pew pew


You have no chance to survive make your time.



All your hurricane bases belong to us.
For the hope of our future.....
24771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 9/12/17

dark5pire wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Is it safe? I mean...for fun, I could see why...


Of course it's "100%" safe. It's not like anyone has ever been killed by a stray bullet fired from a gun at a random direction before.


I am sorry, I am asking to make sure. I am not sure of the logistics, so I admit my ignorance. I hope I do not offend you, I am inquiring.
17429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 9/12/17
Meah no stupider than the surfer who got killed trying to surf the storm surge. Kowabunga dude.
Posted 9/12/17

Bakaneer wrote:
. Lastly, the winds are so strong that the bullet might end up shooting the shooter instead.




There are problems with doing this, but that isn't one of them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.