First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply How to lose weight while watching anime.
53235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17
i've lost 25 pounds since ax expo first weekend of july. 5 pounds every 2 weeks. If you get a gym membership at LA fitness or another gym that has tv screens on all the cardio equipment exercise is a breeze with anime lol. I have golds they have a damn movie theater in a darkroom to go with it lol
AnoreZ 
382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / San Antonio - TX
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17
No lie I will put on my speakers and watch anime and do squats while I read out loud or I'll curl weights, theres plenty of stationary work outs that you can mindlessly do as you zone out to some aminayz (:
2101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / US
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17

niotabunny wrote:

I devote my time to what is called a life style change, I don't eat much processed foods, I eat lean meats, fruits and vegetables whereas I eat the bad foods in moderation. to each's own I suppose.


So basically a diet, except much more likely to succed because you've internalized it, and made it an integral part of your day. Good for you. Most diet's fail not becuase the diet is bad, but because people don't make the effort to stick to it.
14675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/12/17

zero356 wrote:


niotabunny wrote:

I devote my time to what is called a life style change, I don't eat much processed foods, I eat lean meats, fruits and vegetables whereas I eat the bad foods in moderation. to each's own I suppose.


So basically a diet, except much more likely to succed because you've internalized it, and made it an integral part of your day. Good for you. Most diet's fail not becuase the diet is bad, but because people don't make the effort to stick to it.


i think diets tend to fail because people try to completely avoid certain foods...and when they finally can't resist, they end up overindulging in the foods they tried to avoid. the key, as @niotabunny said, is not to completely avoid them, but to eat them in moderation.
(yes, that means eating sweets every once in a while is perfectly fine)
5258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 10/20/17
first rule of dieting, don't call it a diet. won't fail. second don't bring it into your house and avoid cravings and complications where you might be introduced to it. food addiction is an addiction after all, same with net, alcohol and drugs. you have to over come your addictions and be stronger and not give into temptation sort of thing.
48132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 10/20/17
Find a really bad anime and spend the next couple hours frantically pacing around the room, screaming at the characters for doing stupid things. You'll lose 5 lbs.
147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/13/17
For it was watching anime on the smartphone while I was on the stationary bike at the gym
2101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / US
Offline
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/13/17

namealreadytaken wrote:


zero356 wrote:


niotabunny wrote:

I devote my time to what is called a life style change, I don't eat much processed foods, I eat lean meats, fruits and vegetables whereas I eat the bad foods in moderation. to each's own I suppose.


So basically a diet, except much more likely to succed because you've internalized it, and made it an integral part of your day. Good for you. Most diet's fail not becuase the diet is bad, but because people don't make the effort to stick to it.


i think diets tend to fail because people try to completely avoid certain foods...and when they finally can't resist, they end up overindulging in the foods they tried to avoid. the key, as @niotabunny said, is not to completely avoid them, but to eat them in moderation.
(yes, that means eating sweets every once in a while is perfectly fine)


Agreed

The biggest thing that worked for is to just cut down.
I stopped in eating chips and drinking soda in highschool and I'm all the healthier for it. I didn't add anything, I just stopped being as unhealthy.
26850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / FL
Online
Posted 9/12/17 , edited 9/13/17
I prefer to take the time to concentrate and focus on working out when I'm working out, or else I usually stop and get lazy.
2080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 10/20/17
I think you have to first understand the concept of calories and your maintenance calories. They say abs are made in the kitchen and that statement is absolutely correct! In order to lose weight you MUST go below your maintenance calories and cut. You can do this in two ways... exercise or eat healthier.

If you do the first, you could go on a treadmill for 20 minutes at a fair intensity and burn say 200 calories. Alternatively, you can look at your diet throughout the day, say you eat about 50g of cheddar cheese in that day, that means you ate the equivalent 200calories. I personally just wouldnt eat the cheese (perhaps switch it out for a healthier alternative like cottage cheese).

Both exercise and nutrition are crucially important for a healthy lifestyle, but bottom line is losing weight starts from the diet. You can research into healthier diets yourself, but generally you'd need a good balance of protein, carbs and fats (fats are healthy too! depending on a lot of things - like weight, gender etc. you should aim for like 25-60g of fat a day). A good start for most people would be to reduce the carbs slightly and increase their protein intake (with lean sources!) And this can all be done while continuing your life and watching all the anime you want!!

Sorry it turned into a bit of a rant but I am sure a healthier diet will bring better results than aimlessly walking on a treadmill for however many minutes a day! ~
7499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 10/20/17
Get out of here! you need to get anime out of your thick head or lay off the anime and concentrate on working out.
3322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / livin in debauchery
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/13/17
37546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 9/16/17 , edited 9/17/17
I treadmill while watching anime pretty often. Have a raised tv that I watch when I'm walking. Set it for about 4 Mph and can do a bit over one and a half miles for each episode.

Anime is pretty much the perfect thing to watch on the treadmill because of the subtitles. It's super hard to keep track of dialogue with regular tv shows and stuff without completely blasting the audio since the ambient noise of the treadmill and walking can be quite loud.

I like go to for walks outside as well, but the weather here in the pacific northwest isn't always the best for that.

99 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Congo
Offline
Posted 9/16/17 , edited 9/17/17
Mount a tablet to a treadmill.
31527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/16/17 , edited 10/20/17

namealreadytaken wrote:

i wouldn't recommend using a treadmill. they are expensive and make a lot of noise, and not really necessary for those who prefer to exercise indoors. doing cardio for 1-2 anime episodes for 5-6 days a week should be enough for many, and one should also take into account their limits. the key is exercising at a regular pace, as op already said.


worth it rather then running in the same place for 2 hours :/

Also if you are eating a healthy diet lets say 1800 calories and still gaining weight don't listen to people saying eat less etc goto the doctors there will be a reason.

I spent over 8 months gaining weight people yelling at me eat less or recount your calories you are wrong when i did check them 300+ times and i shouldn't have been gaining weight i would only lose when i ate 1300 calories.

Turned out a had a thyroid condition and LOW testosterone.

So if you feel something ain't working guys check your health!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.