First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply You are a person of value
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17
Hi everyone, longtime lurker here.

What I'd like to say is simply this:

You are a person of value.

If there were one claim that all of my intuition and experience, however limited, have led me to, that would be it. There lies within you a unique, indescribable worth that can never be taken away. It doesn't matter if you're having a bad day, or if you don't have the job or living circumstances that you want, or if other people sometimes make fun of you for liking anime. The inherent goodness and beauty that lie at the very core of you will always be there. If it weren't for your existence, the universe would be missing something essential.

None of this is to suggest that anyone is perfect. Even if you're not perfect, you can still be a person of immeasurable worth, and you can still like yourself. I definitely still like you! And even if I didn't like you, that would have no bearing on your incomparable value as a person.

I know that these words might not seem to mean much, coming from a mere internet stranger, but I really do believe them. And I hope that you may believe in yourself.
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/11/17
Prepare yourself for trolls lol

on topic IDIC

makes life more interesting
23712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/11/17
168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/11/17
i mean,i can sell my organs for what it's worth.

i can also be someone's punching bag

there's also some worth for me as a sack of meat to vent out emotionally at to fill the void that is the private and the public.

somewhere out there, i can see myself as a valuable fleshy goon for testing one's many methods to kill and torture someone.

oh, and lets not forget fetishes...yup, all the fetishes one can unleash on my unsuspecting person.

even now i can imagine my dead body fertilizing the soil to help plants grow healthy and strong!

yes, i can say confidently that i am a person of great potential value
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17
That's a genuinely nice thing to say. Thank you
5177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/11/17
My value isn't an indescribable something that resides within myself (whatever that may be) but rather it's the worth I have obly in relation to others.
Humms 
13810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/11/17
Well.... is it the value of you physically? Or just your entire worth as a whole.

If a tree falls down in a Forest with nobody around, does it still make a sound?.

If in fact the World needed my existence, then one day it should inevitably happen to turn out that way.

I think we are all useless until we find a need to say otherwise and let the world show, what we deem useful generally dictates 1 of 2 things. Practical, and entertaining ( think of anything you enjoy, even the smallest detail). So when we describe usefulness in society, you must satisfy one of the two.

I mean Wealth is considered success...... look at Justin Beiber, a fine example of success, because of? Entertainment.

He fits into the society as being useful to others

Hurray

Excellent career opportunity lesson 101
1381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/11/17
Value is a human concept; it does not objectively exist outside of human consciousness because all concepts are fundamentally limited to our own perceptions.

:^)

Ejanss 
17135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/11/17

sky-god_of_poutine wrote:

Hi everyone, longtime lurker here.

What I'd like to say is simply this:

You are a person of value. ]


Yeah, Rujikin showed me I'm worth 60 camels!
1987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / PA, USA
Online
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17
Yes, my organs are of value on the black market, thanks.
8637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / a pop tart
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17
No I'm not.
1170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Makati
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17
Thanks for reminding me this. I'll keep this in mind when asking for dowry.
5558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17

RyukoKuroki wrote:

No I'm not.


By definition garbage is of no value so maybe move out of your garbage bin?
15678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17

amejia0 wrote:


RyukoKuroki wrote:

No I'm not.


By definition garbage is of no value so maybe move out of your garbage bin?


What about that ol' proverb "One man's garbage bin is another man's mansion "
Posted 9/11/17 , edited 9/12/17

Werning wrote:

Value is a human concept; it does not objectively exist outside of human consciousness because all concepts are fundamentally limited to our own perceptions.

:^)



I disagree on the basis of religion. Also you could also assert that value isn't necessarily a human concept as other creatures of 'intelligence' exist but I will not argue with you on this matter as it is presuppositions that are preventing us from agreeing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.