First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Australian Conservatives suck.
31533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
Seriously the liberal national party sucks most of them want to vote against Same Sex Marriage and are always doing something to hamper the growth of our nation and have a tendency to want to stick to "Traditional and old ways" even if they are destructive.

How can people be that blind? i just don't honestly get it anyone else have a Party in your country that's retarded?


Edit: should add I don't think they all suck but a large amount of them do and are making that political party look like a joke and that worries me as they sometimes have great ideas
27478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Online
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
Not all conservative I imagine are against it, legally so. In the US, we call such Republicans Log Cabin Republicans, and I imagine some members of the party do want same sex marriage in the outback. This seems to hold true as I met a fair few atheistic conservatives, or those not strongly affiliated with religion.

That being said, the censorship in Australian seems irksome and extreme.

As for parties in our country....It is easier to count those who do not seem stupid, corrupt, or both.
20762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

How can people be that blind? i just don't honestly get it anyone else have a Party in your country that's retarded?


All the parties in America are retarded.

Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
The leader of the liberal national party is in favour for same sex marriage. Also what would really hamper the growth of our nation would be to get rid of marriage as a state run thing. I personally disagree with you but I'm not going to call you anything horrible >.>.
12864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
People have the right to have their voices heard.

Even if the message is one you disagree with.

One of the many joys of mob rule we call "democracy".
27478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Online
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17

TheZaphod wrote:

People have the right to have their voices heard.

Even if the message is one you disagree with.

One of the many joys of mob rule we call "democracy".


Not sure if Ryulightorb is doing anything than calling them stupid, which I call many people, despite being stupid myself. I do not find it excessive enough to consider it worrisome.

OT: That being said, I would like to transcend party lines and get to the individual beliefs. Considering legal marriage between homosexuals is a pretty popular issue, more due to how easy it is to argue, it comes off base politics, essentially.
31533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17

GrandMasterTime wrote:

The leader of the liberal national party is in favour for same sex marriage. Also what would really hamper the growth of our nation would be to get rid of marriage as a state run thing. I personally disagree with you but I'm not going to call you anything horrible >.>.


Oh yeah I don't think they all are as I said they have good ideas because there are good people in there I know someone who works for the LNP.

It's just a ton of conservatives are in the no party in comparison to the non conservatives and that's really bad only makes their party look like shit which is not good for anyone
31533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


TheZaphod wrote:

People have the right to have their voices heard.

Even if the message is one you disagree with.

One of the many joys of mob rule we call "democracy".


Not sure if Ryulightorb is doing anything than calling them stupid, which I call many people, despite being stupid myself. I do not find it excessive enough to consider it worrisome.

OT: That being said, I would like to transcend party lines and get to the individual beliefs. Considering legal marriage between homosexuals is a pretty popular issue, more due to how easy it is to argue, it comes off base politics, essentially.


More or less they can have their voices heard my issue is when they put up ads making lies and fear monger and get upset when they are called out on being bigots and even get violent though both sides are like that the Liberal side is making a fool of themselves and for their sake I would hope it's a vocal minority but seeing how things are turning I doubt it.
12864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
One persons bigotry is another persons truth and it may turn out that same sex marriage is not actually that popular after all.

Once the dust settles we will see...
23344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
Why are Australian "conservatives" part of the Liberal party?
923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
Liberal means free market and small government (i.e., conservative) outside the US.
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
Not even Australia is perfect, then?
31533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17

Rujikin wrote:

Why are Australian "conservatives" part of the Liberal party?


Because that's usually what a liberal is outside US iirc
1868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17

Rujikin wrote:

Why are Australian "conservatives" part of the Liberal party?


To elaborate on what the OP has said; between the mid-19th and mid-20th centuries, the two political parties swapped platforms multiple times, and are currently the opposite of that of the rest of the globe.
Posted 9/13/17 , edited 9/14/17
Also "Liberal" means different things to different people, as well as especially whether we're talking about financial vs social.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.