First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Our Fantasy, Their Reality
49775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/14/17 , edited 9/15/17
Okay, I know this is going to sound like a very silly question but please forgive me. The idea suddenly pop into my head and I just had to post it.

Alright, I know that parallel universe is a thing of fiction yet something that I feel that scientists are checking up on along with how many universes there are out there. Anyway, I was just wondering something. The things that are fictional and based on fantasy to us could probably be a reality some place else. Is that true in a way? Could our fantasy be someone else's reality?

LIke an example would be actual magic and sorcery with real dragons in some very distant universe. I mean it sounds crazy but is it even possible? I like to think that we are not alone in the universe and there are other life forms out there doing their own thing. But I also like to think that what we find to be fantasy could just be the norm for someone else in some other universe.

I'm not too bright, so forgive me again if this sounds childish and stupid. It was just a thought that came to me and felt the need to share it.

I also wanted to say that maybe the other life form/aliens could be other humans or something close to it.

What do you think of it?


Again, sorry if it's weird or stupid.
2101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / US
Offline
Posted 9/14/17 , edited 9/15/17
I think it's totally possible
Though, we're unlikely to find out just because of how difficult it would be to prove or go there. Like, we're at least 2 or 3 major (and I mean Newton and Enstein major) science revolutions away from maybe considering something like this.

But I do like the idea that the stories of our world are just sort of ripples of stuff happening in another world being picked up by the author's brain and resonating enough with said brain that they write the story.

And of course, the other way works as well; our world being a story in another world. But that does beg the question. Which period in time is written about and whose the main character? How do you fit in?

And what about fiction-nonfiction. A fictional story that could actually happen?
49775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/14/17 , edited 9/15/17

zero356 wrote:

I think it's totally possible
Though, we're unlikely to find out just because of how difficult it would be to prove or go there. Like, we're at least 2 or 3 major (and I mean Newton and Enstein major) science revolutions away from maybe considering something like this.

But I do like the idea that the stories of our world are just sort of ripples of stuff happening in another world being picked up by the author's brain and resonating enough with said brain that they write the story.

And of course, the other way works as well; our world being a story in another world. But that does beg the question. Which period in time is written about and whose the main character? How do you fit in?

And what about fiction-nonfiction. A fictional story that could actually happen?


Whew! Thank you so very much! I was a little worried that my post wouldn't make sense or something.

Anyway, I am glad you think it is possible.
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 9/14/17 , edited 9/15/17
The problem with magic is that it isn't consistent and breaks its own logic all of the time. In order to have magic you need consistency and at that point it becomes science.
28261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 9/14/17 , edited 9/15/17
Imagine if there was a tiny hole in space where when you enter it, you arrive in a certain fictional world that you love. It could be a random one not a specific one though.
20151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 9/14/17 , edited 9/15/17

Rujikin wrote:

The problem with magic is that it isn't consistent and breaks its own logic all of the time. In order to have magic you need consistency and at that point it becomes science.


;if magic was real, you still not know about it. After all people who practice magic all through history was hunted and killed.

SO most likely their logical bases and scientific outlet to real magic (if it was real) But people who use real magic, will always keep it in the dark, in the shadows.. not allowing people to know of it.. do to fear of persecution. Witch is sad, because if magic is real and we just don't know of it the advancements that could have happened in magic and in society has been limited or stopped. DO to fear and ignorance.
49775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/15/17 , edited 9/15/17
Thanks for the comments, cool people.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/15/17 , edited 9/15/17
No there is nothing like this.

49775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/15/17 , edited 9/15/17

JobClass wrote:

No there is nothing like this.




Maybe.
Posted 9/15/17 , edited 9/15/17
Who knows? Maybe.
196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 9/15/17 , edited 9/16/17

qualeshia3 wrote:


JobClass wrote:

No there is nothing like this.




Maybe.


Maybe is correct

Will we hear about this in our lifetimes?


Theres a higher liklihood that the universe will reset due to a paralel universe brane collides with our own thus creating the mythical "big bang" which destroy our universe but leads to the creation of a new one.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/17 , edited 9/16/17
I say there is nothing like this because our what we call "thoughts" are actually electrical impulses flying around our neural network.

There is NO parallel world coming from these impulses in the same way there's no parallel worlds coming from a bolt of lightning or a socket.

196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 9/16/17 , edited 9/16/17

JobClass wrote:

I say there is nothing like this because our what we call "thoughts" are actually electrical impulses flying around our neural network.

There is NO parallel world coming from these impulses in the same way there's no parallel worlds coming from a bolt of lightning or a socket.



It could technically exist if the many worlds hypothesis is correct.

All possible histories and futures are real. Not exactly in our dimension but if its true then our fantasy "worlds" definitely lie within the parameters of "all possibilities".

Of course the premise that that these worlds would exist as a function of them being thought up in our universe holds no weight in this scenario.

Its ridiculous to believe that a universe would automatically spawn out of nothing whenever some imaginative individual in our world comes up with a fantasy world.

They either exist in some dimension regardless of any intelligent life "thinking about it/coming up with a world that doesnt exist in our dimension", or they don't exist at all.
7660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 9/16/17 , edited 9/16/17

JobClass wrote:

I say there is nothing like this because our what we call "thoughts" are actually electrical impulses flying around our neural network.

There is NO parallel world coming from these impulses in the same way there's no parallel worlds coming from a bolt of lightning or a socket.



The issue I personally have with your argument is its narrow and subjective. Can you prove to me the world wasn't created 5 minutes ago and all your memories are not false? Since you cannot prove something doesn't mean its not possible. It just remains to be discovered. Also what does neural networks have to do with alternate or other dimensions? I believe (correct me if I am wrong) the OP's question is the thoughts we have of what is science fiction/fantasy possible in another Dimension. The correct answer is "Anything is possible." A parallel or alternate dimension could possibly exist and have different physics laws then we do. Our own laws, limitations, and neural linkage has nothing to do with the realm of possibilities. Let people dream the impossible and possibly one day make it a reality!


Rujikin wrote:

The problem with magic is that it isn't consistent and breaks its own logic all of the time. In order to have magic you need consistency and at that point it becomes science.


Since we are talking about an alternate/parallel dimension I am not sure logic or physics would necessarily apply. Add to the fact that as far as we know what we think of magic isn't possible, so whether is consistent is kind of irrelevant isn't it? Though I suppose if you wrote that with some story-line in mind it would hold merit/ Did you have a specific reference in mind when you wrote that or..? I guess what I am getting at is how you came to the conclusion magic is consistent. As far as it becoming science... technically all you have to do for something to be science is make a theory, prove it, and then have someone else prove your theory works in practice. Not trying to pick on, but your comment seemed to give me a sense of being absolute and was just curious as to how you came to that conclusion.
Ejanss 
17123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/16/17 , edited 9/16/17

qualeshia3 wrote:

Okay, I know this is going to sound like a very silly question but please forgive me. The idea suddenly pop into my head and I just had to post it.

Alright, I know that parallel universe is a thing of fiction yet something that I feel that scientists are checking up on along with how many universes there are out there. Anyway, I was just wondering something. The things that are fictional and based on fantasy to us could probably be a reality some place else. Is that true in a way? Could our fantasy be someone else's reality?


Nahhh....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIBrY_hQAI4
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.