First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Poorly describe your favorite anime
One Punch Mod
99285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 9/17/17 , edited 9/17/17
The old thread was victim of a nasty spam attack from which it emerged quite broken.*

Therefore I closed it. I hope you'll continue here. Quoted below is the original post from that thread.


Gonikku wrote:

As the title says, describe your favorite one(s) as badly (and hilariously) as possible, let's see if other people can guess which one it is

I'll start, even thought this one is rather simple:

A dumbass with big heart and his friends defend the world by fighting, screaming as loudly as possible and, occasionally, shooting beam out of their hands. Some of them gain the ability to shout so hard that their hair dyes instantly. The fights can last up to 5 full minutes. They also have a respawn system that substitutes plot armor and someone in specific often uses it.



* Basically it ended up with the last 60 or so pages "hidden" from view, and new posts would show up on old pages rather than at the end where they belong. Here are the direct links to the last two pages of that thread, in case you want to follow up on some of the posts there--especially if there are any that people haven't guessed at. You can get to other pages by putting a page number directly in the url.

/forumtopic-981933/poorly-describe-your-favorite-anime?pg=199
/forumtopic-981933/poorly-describe-your-favorite-anime?pg=200
11723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/17 , edited 5 days ago
A guy makes love to a comatose girl and then starts crying while his teacher gets shot and killed and he has to decide to get into the drivers seat or not. Then everyone turns into a ghost and has sex while their bodies turn into primordial soup.

50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Brazil
Offline
Posted 9/17/17
Rotoscopy boy wants to date his classmate but creepy pink-haired rotoscopy girl turns him into a pervert.
3939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/17 , edited 9/17/17
Cursed spammers.


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

A guy makes love to a comatose girl and then starts crying while his teacher gets shot and killed and he has to decide to get into the drivers seat or not. Then everyone turns into a ghost and has sex while their bodies turn into primordial soup.


Neon Genesis Evangelion

New thread, new bad descriptions!

- You can be awesome, if, you know, the cool guy. beloved by the fans, dies, you act in a manner similar to that of the dead guy, and then, wait, you can't use logic, then you'll be hated by the fans. and ignored by the narrative for the last several episodes, but hey, you may noy be awesome, but you're president of the galaxy! Not bad. What was the moral, dammit?

- Rich teenagers have way too much time on their hands...

- You are what's eating you.

- Don't spite a god. They'll make your life a living hell.

- Also on the list of things not to do, don't get run over, your life will get weird.
11532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Online
Posted 9/17/17 , edited 9/17/17
Oh, ok. I was wondering what happened to the last thread. That's too bad.

Silver lining: I can now act like I've been here since the very start!


jpedrooops wrote:

Rotoscopy boy wants to date his classmate but creepy pink-haired rotoscopy girl turns him into a pervert.


Flowers of Evil


Samoss85 wrote:

- You can be awesome, if, you know, the cool guy. beloved by the fans, dies, you act in a manner similar to that of the dead guy, and then, wait, you can't use logic, then you'll be hated by the fans. and ignored by the narrative for the last several episodes, but hey, you may noy be awesome, but you're president of the galaxy! Not bad. What was the moral, dammit?

- Also on the list of things not to do, don't get run over, your life will get weird.


-Gurren Lagann, I think?
-Yu Yu Hakusho (although, now that I think about it, there are quite a few shows with first episode car collisions)
--------------------------------------------
Time for clues!

-A guy fights demons with a girl skilled in the use of TM85.
-A group of people use their Bird-sonas to fight an intergalactic troll.
-This anime raises the question: If you have multiple personalities, and each gets their own love interest, is it still considered a harem?
-Guy goes to an all-girls school, is attacked by a rich girl's mech, and saved by the school's six eccentric sevens.
-Guy goes to college, makes a new best friend, gets the hots for a stalker, meets a girl he's definitely never met before, and is haunted by his past self.
3939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/17 , edited 9/17/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:
-Gurren Lagann, I think?
-Yu Yu Hakusho (although, now that I think about it, there are quite a few shows with first episode car collisions)
.


- Yes.
- I almost made a YYH one, but that wasn't the series I had in mind... blame my bad description.

61753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/17

Samoss85 wrote:

- Rich teenagers have way too much time on their hands...


Kakegurui?


- Don't spite a god. They'll make your life a living hell.

- Also on the list of things not to do, don't get run over, your life will get weird.


I feel like either one of these could be used to describe Youjo Senki. That second one can be used for a lot of stories.


Lord_Wunder wrote:

-This anime raises the question: If you have multiple personalities, and each gets their own love interest, is it still considered a harem?


We Without Wings.
3939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/17

PhantomGundam wrote:


Samoss85 wrote:

- Rich teenagers have way too much time on their hands...


Kakegurui?


- Don't spite a god. They'll make your life a living hell.

- Also on the list of things not to do, don't get run over, your life will get weird.


I feel like either one of these could be used to describe Youjo Senki. That second one can be used for a lot of stories.

.


- Haven't seen Kakegurui yet.

- ...I'll just redo the descriptions.


- Rich teenagers have way too much time on their hands, so they entertain other rich teenagers.

- You are what's eating you, or ate you, in this case.

- Incompetent "heroes" go on an adventure. They have a goddess, so you'd think they would be better people.

- Also, don't fall in love with your maid, she'll betray you for power (and her personality was a façade)
11532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Online
Posted 9/17/17

PhantomGundam wrote:


Lord_Wunder wrote:

-This anime raises the question: If you have multiple personalities, and each gets their own love interest, is it still considered a harem?


We Without Wings.


Correct!


Samoss85 wrote:

- Rich teenagers have way too much time on their hands, so they entertain other rich teenagers.


-Ouran High School Host Club
1624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Online
Posted 9/18/17 , edited 9/18/17
What drives people to do mean things like ruin a random, innocuous forum game with spam?... Glad we got a new thread, though.


Samoss85 wrote:

- Rich teenagers have way too much time on their hands, so they entertain other rich teenagers.

- Incompetent "heroes" go on an adventure. They have a goddess, so you'd think they would be better people.



As someone who beat me to it said, the first one is Ouran High School Host Club. The second is Konosuba

-----

Adoptive sister and "reformed" thug have to babysit youth with anger management issues who really seems to have a death wish against big bullies.
15676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/18/17
I was so heartbroken when I saw the old thread deleted. That thread was what made me stay active again on this site. Glad a new one is made. I'd continue from where I left off the other one. :)


CountSneaking wrote:


yumikikoharu wrote:

-Dog solves mystery alongside a yandere and a cat-lover.



Cuticle Detective Inaba.


Correct!


cyberfaust wrote:


yumikikoharu wrote:
-Boy's old shame comes back to haunt him in full force as a crazy moe girl.

Love, Chuunibyo and other Delusions!


Correct!

---
Reposting mine! (From the old thread)

Added hints:

-Guy gains a harem of mostly supernatural girls from another world (or is connected to it). And one crazy normal girl. Hint: the girls have fanclubs that carry over to our world's version of their fandom.
-Sore loser gives so much effort to try and bring his dead rival back from the afterlife just so they could battle in a kiddie game. In the end, he goes to the afterlife instead. (movie)
-Idiot gets mixed up in a magical battle royale all because she ate something that wasn't even edible in the first place. Apparently, the dumbass does it again in the second half of the manga.
-In a world where a girl's problem is personified, there is one that strives to kill 'em all. For their own sakes of course.
-Highschooler tasked with saving the dead. They don't look fifteen at all.
3939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/18/17 , edited 9/18/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:
Ouran High School Host Club?


Correct.


yumenokage wrote:

As someone who beat me to it said, the first one is Ouran High School Host Club. The second is Konosuba


Correct.
11532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Online
Posted 9/18/17

yumikikoharu wrote:

-Sore loser gives so much effort to try and bring his dead rival back from the afterlife just so they could battle in a kiddie game. In the end, he goes to the afterlife instead. (movie)


Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dork Side of Dimensions
973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 9/19/17
Horny boy gets killed trying to save a pretty girl with a horrible scar on her face. Girl revives the boy by replacing his heart with a weapon. Boy and girl go off to save the world from a homo-erotic dude who is obsessed with butterflies.
1624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Online
Posted 9/19/17

HOOfan_1 wrote:

Horny boy gets killed trying to save a pretty girl with a horrible scar on her face. Girl revives the boy by replacing his heart with a weapon. Boy and girl go off to save the world from a homo-erotic dude who is obsessed with butterflies.


Buso Renkin, by the same author who wrote Rurouni Kenshin
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.