First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Poorly describe your favorite anime
3696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/19/17 , edited 9/19/17

yumenokage wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:

Horny boy gets killed trying to save a pretty girl with a horrible scar on her face. Girl revives the boy by replacing his heart with a weapon. Boy and girl go off to save the world from a homo-erotic dude who is obsessed with butterflies.


Buso Renkin, by the same author who wrote Rurouni Kenshin


yup...and Papillon reminds me too much of The Monarch from Venture Brothers.
18961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 9/20/17 , edited 9/20/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:

-A guy fights demons with a girl skilled in the use of TM85.

-Guy goes to college, makes a new best friend, gets the hots for a stalker, meets a girl he's definitely never met before, and is haunted by his past self.


Yumekui Merry

Golden Memories

---------

- A fabulous teenager uses a mech to battle monsters of the week.
- A lazy good for nothing wakes up in the future, builds a harem army and ends up assuming his best friend's identity.

12118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Offline
Posted 9/20/17 , edited 9/20/17

chronomasakari wrote:


Lord_Wunder wrote:

-A guy fights demons with a girl skilled in the use of TM85.

-Guy goes to college, makes a new best friend, gets the hots for a stalker, meets a girl he's definitely never met before, and is haunted by his past self.


Yumekui Merry

Golden Memories

---------

- A fabulous teenager uses a mech to battle monsters of the week.
- A lazy good for nothing wakes up in the future, builds a harem army and ends up assuming his best friend's identity.


Yumekui Merry (or Dream Eater Merry, in regards to my clue) is correct.

If by "Golden Memories" you mean Golden Time, you're correct (unless Golden Memories is a show I haven't heard of before)

-Star Driver?
-Utawarerumono: The False Faces
------------------

-A group of people use their Bird-sonas to fight an intergalactic troll.
-Guy goes to an all-girls school, is attacked by a rich girl's mech, and saved by the school's six eccentric sevens.
-Basically Oreimo, but, you know, without the incest.
462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/20/17 , edited 9/20/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:

(unless Golden Memories is a show I haven't heard of before)


Golden Memories is a fictional dating sim in the currently-airing Gamers! anime, so I suspect that he didn't mean to say "Golden Memories".
18961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 9/20/17 , edited 9/20/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:


chronomasakari wrote:


Lord_Wunder wrote:

-A guy fights demons with a girl skilled in the use of TM85.

-Guy goes to college, makes a new best friend, gets the hots for a stalker, meets a girl he's definitely never met before, and is haunted by his past self.


Yumekui Merry

Golden Memories

---------

- A fabulous teenager uses a mech to battle monsters of the week.
- A lazy good for nothing wakes up in the future, builds a harem army and ends up assuming his best friend's identity.


Yumekui Merry (or Dream Eater Merry, in regards to my clue) is correct.

If by "Golden Memories" you mean Golden Time, you're correct (unless Golden Memories is a show I haven't heard of before)

-Star Driver?
-Utawarerumono: The False Faces
------------------

-A group of people use their Bird-sonas to fight an intergalactic troll.
-Guy goes to an all-girls school, is attacked by a rich girl's mech, and saved by the school's six eccentric sevens.
-Basically Oreimo, but, you know, without the incest.


Yeah as mentioned I meant Golden Time, Golden Memories being stuck in my head from Gamers! Also correct on both
45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/20/17 , edited 9/20/17
Oh man, I wish I could guess some of these ... gotta watch more anime

These are probably pretty obvious but they were still fun to think up :D
-A bunch of boys have realizations about their relationships, motivations, and life in general while belly flopping on a wooden floor and trying to keep a rubber sphere from falling down
-Dead teenagers and tofu. I'm not crying you're crying.
3874 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/21/17 , edited 9/21/17

orochirin wrote:
-A bunch of boys have realizations about their relationships, motivations, and life in general while belly flopping on a wooden floor and trying to keep a rubber sphere from falling down.


I haven't actually seen it, but could this be Haikyuu! ?
16109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/21/17 , edited 9/21/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:


-Basically Oreimo, but, you know, without the incest.


Eromanga Sensei?
12118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Offline
Posted 9/21/17 , edited 9/22/17

orochirin wrote:

-Dead teenagers and tofu. I'm not crying you're crying.


Angel Beats


Maahes0 wrote:


Lord_Wunder wrote:


-Basically Oreimo, but, you know, without the incest.


Eromanga Sensei?


No. My clue was referring to the shows' plots. And I still consider Eromanga-Sensei an incest story, even if they're "technically step-siblings."
Posted 9/21/17 , edited 9/22/17
Bunch of muscular men take a weird road trip from Japan to Egypt to stop the rampaging post-adult puberty hormone spout of the crew's leader's mother by slaying said crew leader's grandfather's foster brother.

Crew recruits a dog and everyone they face (including themselves) are taking stuff that makes them feel and see weird things exclusive to them. Possibly can be drugs or aliens.
15208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/21/17 , edited 9/22/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:


yumikikoharu wrote:

-Sore loser gives so much effort to try and bring his dead rival back from the afterlife just so they could battle in a kiddie game. In the end, he goes to the afterlife instead. (movie)


Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dork Side of Dimensions


Is that typo on purpose? lol Anyways, correct.


Lord_Wunder wrote:

-Basically Oreimo, but, you know, without the incest.


-Himouto Umaru-chan

---
Reposting mine!

Added hints:

-Guy gains a harem of mostly supernatural girls from another world (or is connected to it). And one crazy normal girl. Hint: the girls have fanclubs that carry over to our world's version of their fandom.
-Idiot gets mixed up in a magical battle royale all because she ate something that wasn't even edible in the first place. Apparently, the dumbass does it again in the second half of the manga.
-In a world where a girl's problem is personified, there is one that strives to kill 'em all. For their own sakes of course.
-Highschooler tasked with saving the dead. They don't look fifteen at all.
12118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Offline
Posted 9/21/17 , edited 9/22/17

yumikikoharu wrote:


Lord_Wunder wrote:

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dork Side of Dimensions


Is that typo on purpose? lol Anyways, correct.


Hmm, I'll let you decide.



Lord_Wunder wrote:

-Basically Oreimo, but, you know, without the incest.


-Himouto Umaru-chan


No, not that one either (truth be told, I haven't actually seen Umaru).

I'll try re-wording it a little:

-Basically Oreimo (complete with an OVA finale), except the MCs aren't siblings, and it has a surprisingly shonen ending.

I'd say more, but unfortunately, it's a secret.
18961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 9/22/17 , edited 9/22/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:

-Basically Oreimo (complete with an OVA finale), except the MCs aren't siblings, and it has a surprisingly shonen ending.

I'd say more, but unfortunately, it's a secret.


Haganai?

-----

A high school baseball club manager who hates baseball treats it like a workplace.
12118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Offline
Posted 9/22/17 , edited 9/22/17

chronomasakari wrote:


Lord_Wunder wrote:

-Basically Oreimo (complete with an OVA finale), except the MCs aren't siblings, and it has a surprisingly shonen ending.

I'd say more, but unfortunately, it's a secret.


Haganai?


Nope

Admittedly, this one is a little more obscure (at the very least, I don't hear people talk about it much). I'll probably post a straight description later if everyone still has trouble.
45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/22/17 , edited 9/22/17

Lord_Wunder wrote:


orochirin wrote:

-Dead teenagers and tofu. I'm not crying you're crying.



yumenokage wrote:


orochirin wrote:
-A bunch of boys have realizations about their relationships, motivations, and life in general while belly flopping on a wooden floor and trying to keep a rubber sphere from falling down.


I haven't actually seen it, but could this be Haikyuu! ?

Yup for both of these! I guess any sports anime could sound pretty silly in this game xD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.