First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
ArleyV 
6367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago, IL, USA
Offline
Posted 9/28/17 , edited 9/29/17
So here listens to and/or collects vinyl records? If you do, what's in your collection and on your turntable?
55 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/2/17 , edited 10/2/17
There isn't much I don't collect on vinyl.
Lately, it's been a solid string of 80's albums on my turntable:

INXS - KICK
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
The Cure - Disambiguation

...to name a few
7941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Modesto, CA
Offline
Posted 10/19/17 , edited 10/19/17
I've got several 12"s but only a seven inch record player, so I can't play my twelves yet. Looking into getting a decent record player when I can afford one.

But right now, I own:
Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower*
Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow*
The Stargazer Lilies - We are the Dreamers*
Black Dice - s/t (7")
The Locust - s/t*
Lightning Bolt - Oblivion Hunter
My Bloody Valentine - M B V

*special colored vinyl
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17
I've got a bit of everything in my collection but I'd say the majority of it is Jazz. Let's see... I believe I have around 90-94 records at the moment and I've been frequently playing my copy of Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs' "Show Your Bones", Wes Montgomery and the Wynton Kelly Trio "Smoking at the Half Note", ABBA "Voulez-Vous", and Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins "Me and Chet".
ArleyV 
6367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago, IL, USA
Offline
Posted 10/24/17 , edited 10/25/17

itachiuchihaofthehiddenleaf wrote:

There isn't much I don't collect on vinyl.
Lately, it's been a solid string of 80's albums on my turntable:

INXS - KICK
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
The Cure - Disambiguation

...to name a few


What other 80s albums you have? Besides singles of club sounds of that decade (post-disco, boogie, Italo, electro, early house) been rinsing out the reissue of The Queen is Dead by The Smiths
ArleyV 
6367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago, IL, USA
Offline
Posted 10/24/17 , edited 10/25/17

nonspecificscientific wrote:

I've got several 12"s but only a seven inch record player, so I can't play my twelves yet. Looking into getting a decent record player when I can afford one.

But right now, I own:
Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower*
Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow*
The Stargazer Lilies - We are the Dreamers*
Black Dice - s/t (7")
The Locust - s/t*
Lightning Bolt - Oblivion Hunter
My Bloody Valentine - M B V

*special colored vinyl


Ohh also have some colored vinyl as well (both red LP compilations of Japanese 60s girl groups and 70s-80s disco). Also in the market in getting a turntable, for now been relying on the ones my station I DJ at (Technics SL-1200s) and my friends (Stanton ST150s). like your selection, have a few on rotation digitally
ArleyV 
6367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago, IL, USA
Offline
Posted 10/24/17 , edited 10/25/17

jazznerd96 wrote:

I've got a bit of everything in my collection but I'd say the majority of it is Jazz. Let's see... I believe I have around 90-94 records at the moment and I've been frequently playing my copy of Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs' "Show Your Bones", Wes Montgomery and the Wynton Kelly Trio "Smoking at the Half Note", ABBA "Voulez-Vous", and Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins "Me and Chet".


Being someone that has started to record dig along with being a fan of house and hip-hop, been delving further into jazz especially cos a huge chunk of what I like is on wax and would like to get my hands on it. Currently getting have in my collection or getting shipped the following jazz LPs: A Love Supreme , Lanquidity Head Hunters , Sweetnighter , Pieces of a Man , Red Clay , and Turn This Mutha Out
7941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Modesto, CA
Offline
Posted 10/24/17 , edited 10/25/17

ArleyV wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:

I've got several 12"s but only a seven inch record player, so I can't play my twelves yet. Looking into getting a decent record player when I can afford one.

But right now, I own:
Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower*
Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow*
The Stargazer Lilies - We are the Dreamers*
Black Dice - s/t (7")
The Locust - s/t*
Lightning Bolt - Oblivion Hunter
My Bloody Valentine - M B V

*special colored vinyl


Ohh also have some colored vinyl as well (both red LP compilations of Japanese 60s girl groups and 70s-80s disco). Also in the market in getting a turntable, for now been relying on the ones my station I DJ at (Technics SL-1200s) and my friends (Stanton ST150s). like your selection, have a few on rotation digitally


Nice. I'm going to get (God willing) a picture disc of Alcest's latest album, Kodama.
8260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 12/15/17 , edited 12/15/17
I don't buy new vinyl at collector's prices. I do buy vinyl at thrift stores, estate sales, etc. I buy what I like, which is a lot of stuff, but recently have been finding some nice old jazz lp's in good condition. Found a bunch of near mint condition 70's fusion jazz lp's at a thrift store last summer and bought them all, even though I don't listen to much of that type of jazz.

I also have 2+ crates full of what I call my tacky record collection. It's anything awful, stupid, unusual, etc. Recent additions to that are a few odd sound effects albums from an estate sale, a spoken word lp about how to be a better salesman, and the Jewish Aerobics album ("stop your kvetching and start your stretching!" Seriously, who needs aerobics-I was laughing my ass off!).

I also have a couple boxes of singles, mostly new wave/punk/post punk stuff from back in the day).
5661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 12/15/17 , edited 12/15/17
I adore hand me downs, I have stuff from the 70s to mid 80s, I don't have anything current on my player, but I did listen to Grease soundtrack recently, yup, that's right, original two record album.
33184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / U.S.A
Offline
Posted 1/22/18 , edited 1/22/18
Actually I've only been collecting vinyl for a little while. Right now i have a mix of newer stuff. Its only recently ive been looking around music stores and thrift shops to see if i can find some stuff.

Hozier
HÆLOS
Beck
Nirvanna
Animals as Leaders
Interval
The bloodhound Gang
Say Anything
LL cool J
Aesop Rock

Ive been Looking for stuff like DJ Okawari, DJ Sorama, Nujabes for some jazzy hip hop to play in my house but im pretty new to this.,
ArleyV 
6367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago, IL, USA
Offline
Posted 2/8/18 , edited 2/8/18

zubbyzub wrote:

I don't buy new vinyl at collector's prices. I do buy vinyl at thrift stores, estate sales, etc. I buy what I like, which is a lot of stuff, but recently have been finding some nice old jazz lp's in good condition. Found a bunch of near mint condition 70's fusion jazz lp's at a thrift store last summer and bought them all, even though I don't listen to much of that type of jazz.

I also have 2+ crates full of what I call my tacky record collection. It's anything awful, stupid, unusual, etc. Recent additions to that are a few odd sound effects albums from an estate sale, a spoken word lp about how to be a better salesman, and the Jewish Aerobics album ("stop your kvetching and start your stretching!" Seriously, who needs aerobics-I was laughing my ass off!).

I also have a couple boxes of singles, mostly new wave/punk/post punk stuff from back in the day).


Hey noticed your from around Chicago as well and wonder what youd obtain in those 70s fusion and singles box if you have a list. Potential buyer?
7941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Modesto, CA
Offline
Posted 2/8/18 , edited 2/9/18
I've come up on some more:

Alcest - Kodama (Picture Disc)
The Velvet Underground - Collected (Works from TVU + Nico, White Light/White Heat, TVU, and Velvet Underground)
Deafcult - Auras


Aaaaaaand today I got in the mail

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (Full analogue master)
6566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 8/2/18 , edited 8/2/18
I at the moment do not have any vinyl records, though the female who birthed me has collected her records since she was in her twenties. They are currently out of reach in the house, but if my recollection is accurate mother has seven or eight records among her record player that unfortunately now requires repair. Being a model from the 1970s, I am not certain if I know what to purchase to have the machine play again.

I do want to purchase and also collect vinyls, but I do not have the recommended amount of money at this moment.
forfb 
27 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Poland
Offline
Posted 25 days ago , edited 25 days ago
I've been collectin CDs for some time now but since I bought a gramophone last winter I started collecting vinyls as well, my collection isn't impressive (yet), but I happen to have some nice recrods.

Björk - Post
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Joy Division - Closer
Madness - Complete Madness
New Order - Low-Life
N.W.A - Efil4zaggin
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
Perturbator - Sexualizer
McCoy Tyner - Today And Tomorrow
Yes - 90125


nonspecificscientific wrote:
Alcest - Kodama (Picture Disc)


Oh god yes! Kodama feels good.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.