First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Introverted Nerd
4063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Delaware/Maryland
Online
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/4/17
So this was a little tough to write for me, but I wanted to me forward and honest with the community that shares the same interests with me I'm 26 and a pretty hardcore introvert. I watch anime, play video games, 3D print a plethora of things (cosplays, props, gifts, etc...) and I work full time (in nuclear!). I only have a few good friends, and they don't share the anime crave to the same degree that I do. Friends of mine that do share the crave don't live close enough to share the fun in person or we just don't talk enough. I feel like it might be a stretch, but I'm hoping I might find some new peeps on here to chat more about anime with, maybe find people to go to conventions with, that kind of thing

I'm going to MAGFest 2018 in January, would LIKE to go to Katsucon in February but might be a little late to that party since no rooms are available, plan to go to Otakon next year, as well try and hit up PAX East and a couple ComicCons. In case you didn't determine from that info, I'm from the east coast

If anyone is an east coaster and wants to talk, hit me up! If anyone is in the Delaware/Maryland/PA area, we should hang out sometime! Help this introvert escape to the outside world!
1197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/4/17
Katsucon is hosted at one of themost beautiful hotel blocks I have ever been to. The cons are awesomecm as are the private parties often held after the panels. I am trying to go to zenkaicon in Lancaster this spring. Maybe even derpycon if I can manage to get a weekend off during the danger period.
4063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Delaware/Maryland
Online
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/4/17

AedonBlackheart wrote:

Katsucon is hosted at one of themost beautiful hotel blocks I have ever been to. The cons are awesomecm as are the private parties often held after the panels. I am trying to go to zenkaicon in Lancaster this spring. Maybe even derpycon if I can manage to get a weekend off during the danger period.


The Gaylord Resort Hotel is GORGEOUS. The little village in the middle is out of this world. It's the same place that MAGFest is hosted at too! I THINK I went to Zenkaicon years ago, but I could be mistaken. Never heard of Derpycon??? Where is that?
1197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/4/17

M08IUS_0NE wrote:


AedonBlackheart wrote:

Katsucon is hosted at one of themost beautiful hotel blocks I have ever been to. The cons are awesomecm as are the private parties often held after the panels. I am trying to go to zenkaicon in Lancaster this spring. Maybe even derpycon if I can manage to get a weekend off during the danger period.


The Gaylord Resort Hotel is GORGEOUS. The little village in the middle is out of this world. It's the same place that MAGFest is hosted at too! I THINK I went to Zenkaicon years ago, but I could be mistaken. Never heard of Derpycon??? Where is that?


Oh yeah. I would go back just to eat at that burger place or spicy chicken resturant. We had a beautiful suite in the Gaylord which more than made-up for the fact it wasn't oneof the balcony rooms. Derpycon is held in Morristown, New Jersey which is my statem The best part is that that voice actor who plays Jessie from the original Pokémon often goes there cause she lives nearby. Which means I can totally follow her around.
4063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Delaware/Maryland
Online
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/4/17

AedonBlackheart wrote:


M08IUS_0NE wrote:


AedonBlackheart wrote:

Katsucon is hosted at one of themost beautiful hotel blocks I have ever been to. The cons are awesomecm as are the private parties often held after the panels. I am trying to go to zenkaicon in Lancaster this spring. Maybe even derpycon if I can manage to get a weekend off during the danger period.


The Gaylord Resort Hotel is GORGEOUS. The little village in the middle is out of this world. It's the same place that MAGFest is hosted at too! I THINK I went to Zenkaicon years ago, but I could be mistaken. Never heard of Derpycon??? Where is that?


Oh yeah. I would go back just to eat at that burger place or spicy chicken resturant. We had a beautiful suite in the Gaylord which more than made-up for the fact it wasn't oneof the balcony rooms. Derpycon is held in Morristown, New Jersey which is my statem The best part is that that voice actor who plays Jessie from the original Pokémon often goes there cause she lives nearby. Which means I can totally follow her around.


Haha that's awesome! I'll have to look into that one. I live in Newark, DE but work down in Hancocks Bridge NJ at the nuclear plant, so I'm not that far from Morristown. Good to know about another local con!
2101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / US
Offline
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/4/17
Well, I'm a little far from the north east

But, that's all great. I'm studying engineering myself right now (mechanical, 2 years left). And yeah that's what I got.

Great name, mobius strips are pretty cool
4063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Delaware/Maryland
Online
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/4/17

zero356 wrote:

Well, I'm a little far from the north east

But, that's all great. I'm studying engineering myself right now (mechanical, 2 years left). And yeah that's what I got.

Great name, mobius strips are pretty cool


Hey, any new friend is a good friend, regardless of distance! Good luck on your studies! Where are you studying at? And name actually comes from Ace Combat 4, the main protaganist's callsign is Mobius One haha
llunga 
4983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/5/17

Why would an introvert organize an event with others.
17636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/5/17
I'm thinking the same as Iluga but your life sounds pretty good some day I hope to have a job that lasts more than a few weeks
2101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / US
Offline
Posted 10/4/17 , edited 10/5/17
Tennessee

And while I'm sure it's a great game, that is a bit of a let down
Mobius strips are great
4063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Delaware/Maryland
Online
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/5/17

llunga wrote:


Why would an introvert organize an event with others.





SandyNewt wrote:

I'm thinking the same as Iluga but your life sounds pretty good some day I hope to have a job that lasts more than a few weeks


Trying to break out of the shell and meet new people that have similar interests. I am surrounded by people who party and drink and it's not really something I'm interested in. Of my actual friends, we don't see each other that often because they are still in college so we don't really get to do much together. And they don't really appreciate my interests on the level that I do.

If it gives you any idea, this is the first time I've done this... ever? On a forum at least. I just really want to find more people to talk to, possibly hang out with, that share the same interests I have. So here I am!
17636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/5/17

M08IUS_0NE wrote:


Trying to break out of the shell and meet new people that have similar interests. I am surrounded by people who party and drink and it's not really something I'm interested in. Of my actual friends, we don't see each other that often because they are still in college so we don't really get to do much together. And they don't really appreciate my interests on the level that I do.

If it gives you any idea, this is the first time I've done this... ever? On a forum at least. I just really want to find more people to talk to, possibly hang out with, that share the same interests I have. So here I am!


Fair enough I'm not anywhere near you but hope you don't get cold feet and not go through with this plan it must have taken a fair amount of conviction and courage to make it this far I wish you luck.
4063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Delaware/Maryland
Online
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/5/17

SandyNewt wrote:


M08IUS_0NE wrote:


Trying to break out of the shell and meet new people that have similar interests. I am surrounded by people who party and drink and it's not really something I'm interested in. Of my actual friends, we don't see each other that often because they are still in college so we don't really get to do much together. And they don't really appreciate my interests on the level that I do.

If it gives you any idea, this is the first time I've done this... ever? On a forum at least. I just really want to find more people to talk to, possibly hang out with, that share the same interests I have. So here I am!


Fair enough I'm not anywhere near you but hope you don't get cold feet and not go through with this plan it must have taken a fair amount of conviction and courage to make it this far I wish you luck.


Thank you, I appreciate your kind words! I'm hoping I'll find more and more people with some of the same interests (3D modeling/printing, gaming, cosplay, anime, etc...) so we'll see what happens!
17636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/5/17

M08IUS_0NE wrote:

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words! I'm hoping I'll find more and more people with some of the same interests (3D modeling/printing, gaming, cosplay, anime, etc...) so we'll see what happens!


It's no problem a lot of people in the community want that hopefully luck is on your side and there are people around you with the same interests you might even be able to get some people into some of that stuff.
4063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Delaware/Maryland
Online
Posted 10/5/17 , edited 10/5/17
My hopes are that I can. Problem, at least initially, is getting out there and getting people interested in it. Most people that are interested are already on places like this BUT there are still a number of them out there that have an interest but haven't made their way to places like this or don't know they are interested yet haha. We'll see what happens at MAGFest, that will be a good place to start since I'll (hopefully) be running two cosplays and meeting up with groups that are cosplaying from the same genre or something!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.