First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Dies Irae Discussion
qwueri 
24850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/27/17 , edited 10/28/17

farispie wrote:

Drop it and just read the visual novel at this point, trust me.


Why would I do that when I'm having fun with the b-grade schlock?
22214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/17 , edited 10/28/17

qwueri wrote:


farispie wrote:

Drop it and just read the visual novel at this point, trust me.


Why would I do that when I'm having fun with the b-grade schlock?


Okay, a couple of reasons. First, the anime is not representative of how good the story is- it is a disgrace to the source material. So if you are remotely interested in the story, then drop the anime now and read the VN. Secondly, the anime adapts the third route of the VN, and thus you are missing out on content from the previous two routes. It is akin to watching say season 3 of a show without watching season 1 and season 2- a lot of missing context.

Thirdly, the art is so much better in the VN and just the sound/music direction in general.

Plus the VN is way more chuuni than the anime so you will still get alot of that "cheesy" goodness as you call it. So, seriously you pretty much getting 100 percent a better experience in every way imaginable by reading the VN
26659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/17 , edited 10/28/17
What the hell was that? I couldn't follow a damn thing going on, geez what a complete mess. After ep 0 I thought the first 2 episodes reset everything rather well but this episode yikes talk about going off the rails.
107523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/28/17 , edited 10/28/17
stuff happened
242914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17
They actually expained stuff this week! Finally.

Still can't feel much about the main characters but that Kei girl is quite something. Ren is getting better at using his powers too? That's some progress. Storywise, I'm still pretty meh on it.

Idk why but this scene made me laugh more than I should have:
65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17
I like the characters, and the history, meh, i think it going advance very slowly, and i hate that, but hey, it just starting
22214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17

stark700 wrote:

They actually expained stuff this week! Finally.

Still can't feel much about the main characters but that Kei girl is quite something. Ren is getting better at using his powers too? That's some progress. Storywise, I'm still pretty meh on it.

Idk why but this scene made me laugh more than I should have:


Again, Stark, just drop the anime and read the VN. The Kei scene in question was done so much better in the VN. In the VN she actually shoots Ren with a gun to prove a point about how the powers work. And the anime removed an important scene yet again in which Mercerius actually explains things to the reader.
242914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17

farispie wrote:


stark700 wrote:

They actually expained stuff this week! Finally.

Still can't feel much about the main characters but that Kei girl is quite something. Ren is getting better at using his powers too? That's some progress. Storywise, I'm still pretty meh on it.

Idk why but this scene made me laugh more than I should have:


Again, Stark, just drop the anime and read the VN. The Kei scene in question was done so much better in the VN. In the VN she actually shoots Ren with a gun to prove a point about how the powers work. And the anime removed an important scene yet again in which Mercerius actually explains things to the reader.


I didn't want to respond to this since you literally said the same thing to me a week ago.

I'm not dropping this show and stop telling me to. I drop a show whenever I want, not for someone to tell me to. I don't care how messy this show may turn out to be for I want to see how the anime will conclude. This is an anime discussion board, not a discussion thread for visual novel readers to post spoilers and discuss what they want, like, etc.

If I wanted to go read the VN, I would do so on my own will, not for someone to tell me to.

22214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17

stark700 wrote:


farispie wrote:


stark700 wrote:

They actually expained stuff this week! Finally.

Still can't feel much about the main characters but that Kei girl is quite something. Ren is getting better at using his powers too? That's some progress. Storywise, I'm still pretty meh on it.

Idk why but this scene made me laugh more than I should have:


Again, Stark, just drop the anime and read the VN. The Kei scene in question was done so much better in the VN. In the VN she actually shoots Ren with a gun to prove a point about how the powers work. And the anime removed an important scene yet again in which Mercerius actually explains things to the reader.


I didn't want to respond to this since you literally said the same thing to me a week ago.

I'm not dropping this show and stop telling me to. I drop a show whenever I want, not for someone to tell me to.


Well last time I replied to your inquiry about why you should do it. But fine, dude, I just think watching the anime pretty much will ruin the story in more ways than one, but I digress. All I ask is don't judge the story based on the anime and it is not a reflection of the source material.
242914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17

farispie wrote:


stark700 wrote:


farispie wrote:


stark700 wrote:

They actually expained stuff this week! Finally.

Still can't feel much about the main characters but that Kei girl is quite something. Ren is getting better at using his powers too? That's some progress. Storywise, I'm still pretty meh on it.

Idk why but this scene made me laugh more than I should have:


Again, Stark, just drop the anime and read the VN. The Kei scene in question was done so much better in the VN. In the VN she actually shoots Ren with a gun to prove a point about how the powers work. And the anime removed an important scene yet again in which Mercerius actually explains things to the reader.


I didn't want to respond to this since you literally said the same thing to me a week ago.

I'm not dropping this show and stop telling me to. I drop a show whenever I want, not for someone to tell me to.


Well last time I replied to your inquiry about why you should do it. But fine, dude, I just think watching the anime pretty much will ruin the story in more ways than one, but I digress. All I ask is don't judge the story based on the anime and it is not a reflection of the source material.


As an anime only viewer, this is all I can judge on at the moment. Like I said before, I plan to play the VN in the future. However, I am definitely not dropping this show at the moment.
4690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17

farispie wrote:
The reason you are feeling bewildered is b/c the anime cut so much content from the VN that you won't understand what's going. Just read the VN. In particular since, The route they are adapting is meant to be viewed/read after two routes..


It's a fair point farispie but like some others this is pretty much my only source at the moment.

That said things did sort of make a little more sense this week, and it was an intriguing episode.
qwueri 
24850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17
This show isn't quite as hilarious as Big Order, but this week's episode came damned close.

The blade form reminded me alot of Kill la Kill when Ryoko went berserk.
22214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/4/17

borderliner wrote:


farispie wrote:
The reason you are feeling bewildered is b/c the anime cut so much content from the VN that you won't understand what's going. Just read the VN. In particular since, The route they are adapting is meant to be viewed/read after two routes..


It's a fair point farispie but like some others this is pretty much my only source at the moment.

That said things did sort of make a little more sense this week, and it was an intriguing episode.


The VN is 100 percent accesible. The common route is for free on steam, and the rest of it isn't too priced badly. Plus, I can also lend you my steam info if you want to read the whole thing.
22214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/4/17

stark700 wrote:


farispie wrote:


stark700 wrote:


farispie wrote:


stark700 wrote:

They actually expained stuff this week! Finally.

Still can't feel much about the main characters but that Kei girl is quite something. Ren is getting better at using his powers too? That's some progress. Storywise, I'm still pretty meh on it.

Idk why but this scene made me laugh more than I should have:


Again, Stark, just drop the anime and read the VN. The Kei scene in question was done so much better in the VN. In the VN she actually shoots Ren with a gun to prove a point about how the powers work. And the anime removed an important scene yet again in which Mercerius actually explains things to the reader.


I didn't want to respond to this since you literally said the same thing to me a week ago.

I'm not dropping this show and stop telling me to. I drop a show whenever I want, not for someone to tell me to.


Well last time I replied to your inquiry about why you should do it. But fine, dude, I just think watching the anime pretty much will ruin the story in more ways than one, but I digress. All I ask is don't judge the story based on the anime and it is not a reflection of the source material.


As an anime only viewer, this is all I can judge on at the moment. Like I said before, I plan to play the VN in the future. However, I am definitely not dropping this show at the moment.


In any case, since you do plan to continue with the anime, frankly I wouldn't use CR subs for it. Alot of lines are either mistranslated (ie the "Kasumi-senpai, referring to people by the wrong names (ie: Calling Rusalka Marie), etc.) or just lacks the amazing prose/style of the source mateiral-thus you lose out on alot of what makes the characters. . There is a fansub group (Welltall subs) that are much more familiar with the terms used in Dies Irae and is much more famililar with the source material to provide both accurate and more entertaining subs.
22214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/4/17
As for the episode- it was okay- but I :

1) They removed this scene where Mercerius explains some very important information for the reader
2) They did not explain what Spinne's motives were, thereby taking away what made a fascinating character.

This adaptation is sucks ass.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.