First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Recovery of an MMO Junkie discussion
54935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / FL
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
I am in, 10/10 OP thread and show
20820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
That was actually way better than I originally thought it would be.

18462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
I kind of got bored with it. I mean, the MMO was nothing special and they spent a lot of time with it, and the real life scenes werent really anything special either. I was expecting a lot more humor and commentary on mmo tropes, but it it just felt flat.
37063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / My Chair, OH
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
A mod changed the title and the sub-title thing on the thread. Smh.

I'll let the change to English name slide but the sub-title change is a bit much.
21629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
It seems we were having posts and discussions just fine before the change.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
53545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
Episode 1

Moriko quits her job so that she can live her life as a NEET and starts off with an a new MMO. She decides to play as a male character and names it Hayashi. She than attempts to fight the first boss but dies a lot. After dying a couple times she meets Lily who helps her level up, so she can defeat the first boss. After some time playing together there is a time skip and it is now the holiday season. Moriko starts avoiding Lily and she thinks it's because she doesn't like her anymore. Seeing Lily upset the guild leader they are apart of asks Hayashi why he's avoiding Lily? Turns out she wanted to get Lily a crystal flower for Christmas. Seeing that she has no food Moriko runs out to the store to buy some. While there she happens to run into the person that plays Lily but she doesn't know it. Back in the game Hayashi and Lily trade presnets and he reveals that he tried to get a crystal flower for her but couldn't.

21629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17

eddie1255 wrote:

Episode 1

Moriko quits her job so that she can live her life as a NEET and starts off with an a new MMO. She decides to play as a male character and names it Hayashi. She than attempts to fight the first boss but dies a lot. After dying a couple times she meets Lily who helps her level up, so she can defeat the first boss. After some time playing together there is a time skip and it is now the holiday season. Moriko starts avoiding Lily and she thinks it's because she doesn't like her anymore. Seeing Lily upset the guild leader they are apart of asks Hayashi why he's avoiding Lily? Turns out she wanted to get Lily a crystal flower for Christmas. Seeing that she has no food Moriko runs out to the store to buy some. While there she happens to run into the person that plays Lily but she doesn't know it. Back in the game Hayashi and Lily trade presnets and he reveals that he tried to get a crystal flower for her but couldn't.



I am stealing this screen cap for a new reaction image!
28530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
I think a lot of people here can relate to MC of this show
Guest Pass Litter Moderator
121019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17

Grauger wrote:

A mod changed the title and the sub-title thing on the thread. Smh.

I'll let the change to English name slide but the sub-title change is a bit much.


Sorry. I felt it was important to put the Japanese title there, and I thought keeping your original subtitle would therefore be confusing.
37063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / My Chair, OH
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17

lorreen wrote:


Grauger wrote:

A mod changed the title and the sub-title thing on the thread. Smh.

I'll let the change to English name slide but the sub-title change is a bit much.


Sorry. I felt it was important to put the Japanese title there, and I thought keeping your original subtitle would therefore be confusing.

I know. Just giving you guys a hard time. As long as I get to keep my MS paint picture then I'm happy.
18961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
I'm in for the long haul for this show if only because Moriko is my spirit animal.
23488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Online
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
Kudos to Mr. Artist.

Enamored already. The feels good at the end of a long work week seems appropriate. Looking forward to more.
12740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 10/6/17 , edited 10/7/17
Pretty fun start to the series. Looks like it just might be a better Gamers than Gamers was assuming it doesn't fall apart a couple of episodes in like Gamers did. The story itself feels like it may be a little predictable and the art is kind of all over the place. In some scenes it looks quite nice and then just looks off in others. Both the OP and ED are quite nice. Good stuff so far.
107509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/7/17 , edited 10/7/17
I felt it would of been more appropriate if irl girl voiced net girl and vice a versa, instead of 4 vas
26299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/7/17 , edited 10/7/17

dmdwriter wrote:

I kind of got bored with it. I mean, the MMO was nothing special and they spent a lot of time with it, and the real life scenes werent really anything special either. I was expecting a lot more humor and commentary on mmo tropes, but it it just felt flat.



Same, hopefully they spend less time in the MMO in future episodes. Disappointing because I was really looking forward to this...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.