First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply How does wireless adapter works?
20760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 10/10/17

fredreload wrote:

But if it's just one signal from one set of antenna from the wireless adapter. How come each computer can do different tasks?


Because it's not just one signal. The wireless adapter in your computer is sending and receiving one signal, but your wireless router is sending and receiving several on different frequencies. Each device connecting to that router gets its own individual frequency, and the router handles them all - just like your FM radio can pick up several stations.

5843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/17

cdarklock wrote:


fredreload wrote:

But if it's just one signal from one set of antenna from the wireless adapter. How come each computer can do different tasks?


Because it's not just one signal. The wireless adapter in your computer is sending and receiving one signal, but your wireless router is sending and receiving several on different frequencies. Each device connecting to that router gets its own individual frequency, and the router handles them all - just like your FM radio can pick up several stations.



Hmm, my concept right now is that you cannot fit a computer with visualization software at a nanometer scale as of the current technology.

1.
That leaves the wireless remote controlled nanomachine. Sort of like using a controller to drive one of those RC cars. This would require a good continuous wireless signal, I mean even the cell's biology is constantly changing. Since the radio wave gets absorbed by the human body. I think we can use a time varying magnetic field to program the nanomachine, from the MRI method in controlling the water molecules. I can't even imagine what would happen if you lose the time varying magnetic signal and have to troubleshoot the whole thing, it would be quite a mass. By the way this is assuming the central computer can visualize the entire human body at a molecular scale to guide the nanomachines.

2.
Well if we do eventually shrink down a computer to the nanosize capable of visualization software then we might have a chance at having these nanomachines run loose in the body. I mean I would probably store the map of the entire body as a data map because I would not count on camera to do the visualization. A laser scanner installed on the nanomachine could be possible with a human body map, but even then it would have a range limit. Think of self driving cars with Lidar and a map.
20760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 10/10/17

fredreload wrote:

Hmm, my concept right now is that you cannot fit a computer with visualization software at a nanometer scale as of the current technology.


Dude, you literally just asked how radios work. Whatever your concept is, you're not qualified to work on it.
5843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/17

cdarklock wrote:


fredreload wrote:

Hmm, my concept right now is that you cannot fit a computer with visualization software at a nanometer scale as of the current technology.


Dude, you literally just asked how radios work. Whatever your concept is, you're not qualified to work on it.


Wait, but my concept makes sense right ?
507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 10/11/17
Take some EE courses.
1134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/11/17
Lay off the weed, man.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.