First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Why are people so generous with their reviews?
88984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / South Yorkshire,...
Offline
Posted 10/10/17 , edited 10/10/17
I just don't rate the shows I watch given I tend to watch everything that generally comes out in a typical season I simply don't have the time to rate the shows I watch objectively
55224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/17 , edited 10/10/17
I stop reading reviews.. Only checking out the story and than try out the first episodes hoping it'll stick..
7146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/11/17
First of all I can often take a look at an anime (art style, description) and know if I am going to like it or not. And if I know I won't I will not watch it. That basically ensures that I won't be watching a lot of anime I would probably rate low.

But something to keep in mind is that you are not everyone and even those shows that you would deem garbage may still have an audience that really enjoys them.
3322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / livin in debauchery
Offline
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/11/17
This is why I don't write reviews. lol


Half the time I don't even know why I like certain shit.
2936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M
Offline
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/11/17
It seems like half the time, if you make a negative comment about an episode, it serves as a magnet for down votes.
21213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / SoFlo
Online
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/11/17
People don't want to admit they wasted their time. So they validate it with a higher review.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/11/17
Because grades in school go from 4-10 here. So I feel like giving something 4 or lower is too harsh
43266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/11/17

DrunkKanti wrote:


iAMspecial wrote:

Being honest 80% of anime on this website is what I would consider 2 star level. Yet almost every show is sitting at 4.5 or higher in terms of rating. Why is there such a lack of negative reviews?


Probably because people don't watch anime they don't like, so the only people bothering to rate them are the people who watched and enjoyed them.


Such certainly applies to my reviews. If I don't like it, I don't continue watching--and why write about something I'm not even watching? I just want to let people know about the shows that I've really enjoyed.
43598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/12/17

DrunkKanti wrote:


iAMspecial wrote:

Being honest 80% of anime on this website is what I would consider 2 star level. Yet almost every show is sitting at 4.5 or higher in terms of rating. Why is there such a lack of negative reviews?


Probably because people don't watch anime they don't like, so the only people bothering to rate them are the people who watched and enjoyed them.


90% this and people just don't know how to rate. On a rating scale 5/5 should he a flawless anime that was perfect beginning to end and considered that by everyone who has viewed it.

What 5/5 actually means on this site is "it held my attention long enough to make a review". 2.5 should be average not good but not bad generally in the middle. People don't leave reviews like that however. They should make the rating system more " user friendly" 1=Horrible 2=Bad 3=Indifferent 4=Good 5=Excellent

I remember a few years back people where complaining how folks where leaving negative reviews while admitting they only went 1-2 episodes in and wanted the review option to unlock at 75%-100% completion. They suggested reviews would be more accurate but they failed to recognize a person who watches 75%-100% of a show will significantly more often then not have a very positive view of the anime which would have a biased effect on the reviews.

Everyone who hates a anime will not sit thru it all just to inform others they disliked it. I really think they should removed the star rating in favor of a emotional rating and simply peg that to a star rating.

TL;DR
Look at the rating then divide it by half 80% of the time.
21642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/12/17
I did once, I got like 14 negative points for my review.
52730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Riding sound waves
Offline
Posted 10/11/17 , edited 10/12/17
20760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 10/12/17 , edited 10/12/17

iAMspecial wrote:

Being honest 80% of anime on this website is what I would consider 2 star level. Yet almost every show is sitting at 4.5 or higher in terms of rating. Why is there such a lack of negative reviews?


Maybe you're wrong.

I'm not saying you are, but perhaps you should entertain that notion for a moment or two.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scandinavia
Offline
Posted 10/12/17 , edited 10/12/17
It's not fun to be a internet hater and post tons on negative reviews ~

Some people only post negative reviews on popular anime to be cool. While others only review anime they like.

68356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 10/12/17 , edited 10/12/17
I've used the site for forever..... ratings are actually pretty accurate for general public consumption. Plenty of shows on here have 2-4 star rating. I think your just some emo kid that doesn't get enough love.

Just because you think the shows only merit a 2.... doesn't mean that's what everybody else thinks.

I would like an example of a show on here you think is a 2 but has a 5 rating........ give me 10 samples and I'll follow up on each one.... just to see how non-retarded you are.
68356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 10/12/17 , edited 10/12/17

LosingHope wrote:


DrunkKanti wrote:


iAMspecial wrote:

Being honest 80% of anime on this website is what I would consider 2 star level. Yet almost every show is sitting at 4.5 or higher in terms of rating. Why is there such a lack of negative reviews?


Probably because people don't watch anime they don't like, so the only people bothering to rate them are the people who watched and enjoyed them.


90% this and people just don't know how to rate. On a rating scale 5/5 should he a flawless anime that was perfect beginning to end and considered that by everyone who has viewed it.

What 5/5 actually means on this site is "it held my attention long enough to make a review". 2.5 should be average not good but not bad generally in the middle. People don't leave reviews like that however. They should make the rating system more " user friendly" 1=Horrible 2=Bad 3=Indifferent 4=Good 5=Excellent

I remember a few years back people where complaining how folks where leaving negative reviews while admitting they only went 1-2 episodes in and wanted the review option to unlock at 75%-100% completion. They suggested reviews would be more accurate but they failed to recognize a person who watches 75%-100% of a show will significantly more often then not have a very positive view of the anime which would have a biased effect on the reviews.

Everyone who hates a anime will not sit thru it all just to inform others they disliked it. I really think they should removed the star rating in favor of a emotional rating and simply peg that to a star rating.

TL;DR
Look at the rating then divide it by half 80% of the time.


There is no such thing as flawless anime..... if you think so your retarded.....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.