First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Political Disunity
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
Personally I dislike democracies and monarchies alike. I know this is out of character for an American, and unpatriotic, but honestly I think an oligarchy or diarchy is better than a dictatorship or republic. Here’s why:

Honestly I find it better to have the power within the hands of an educated minority than an ignorant majority. (And the majority is ignorant, especially in America.) Also, I think people are too ambivalent. Take the current war, for example. First we all cheer it on, then things get rough and everybody is suddenly against it. (Mind you I don’t like the war myself, but I do feel we need to finish what we started. Even though we’re not gaining anything from it.) If the people succeed in getting us out of the Middle East then this will be the second war we have lost because of politics. The Vietnam War is a perfect example.

We had more manpower and resources then our enemy. We have better weapons, training, and more of them too. This being said in weaponry we had quantity and quality on our side. In men we have quantity and quality. In nearly every way we had the advantage. So why did we loose? Because our generals and soldiers weren’t being allowed to do their job. People were freaking out about politics and then we say, “Don’t shoot at them when they are near this holy ground,” (as seen more in this war) or “Don’t shoot unless they shoot at you!”

Basically what I am saying is that in a democracy we rely on the masses, but they are tainted by ignorance and the opiates of the media. They’re too busy fighting each other to fight their real enemy. When in all actuality ever political party is seeking the same thing. The prosperity and increase of quality in life for America and American citizens.

Somebody recently suggested to me that this will be the fall of America. Eventually another World War will break out and because of our power and ill reputation (thank you Bush family!) we’re probably going to be the targets. Because people are uncertain and their loyalties are questionable we will probably loose.

I disagree, but do you? Why do I disagree? Because America is a representative democracy. I can elaborate if you like, but I think the statement is self explanatory when pared with the rest of this comment.
8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
Allow me to comment on to what you said. Its true that we outman and outgun our enemy, but there is only so much we can do when we are off of our own soil. Knowing the terrain may seem like an outdated concept, but even so, it is a huge advantage. Look at history: biggest two examples are the Pontiac Rebellion and the American Revolution.

For the Pontiac Rebellion, something like 2000 Native Americans destroyed the western frontier and inward from New York all the way down to the Carolinas. And with 2,500,000 colonial citizens, thats nothing to overlook. And with the American Revolution, the colonists' guerilla tactics massacred the British (granted, their by-the-book tactics completely sucked unless they were on an open field).

And you mention Vietnam. You can say politics are what lost us the war, and still be completely right. But also take into consideration, that it was because we were losing the war, that these poitics came into play.
841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
Dude... what the hell did you just say? Whenever I read your posts, I get confused, and im pretty smart, to be honest. You're seriously 16? Damn bro... you're way too smart.

Anyway, to be on topic, I believe a lot of what you say is true, yet your alternative is also wrong. The actual system we have, being a Libertarian Democracy, is perfectly fine.The problem is the people who are directing our government. We, the people, are "ultimately" what makes this form of government run (theoretically.) However, with all the illegal bribes that go on, all the stresses influence by the government, and by stress in our local communities, the system is disruped. In a perfect little world, wiht our perfect little government, every individual would have their own little political capsule that they occupy, which would solely contain their own thoughts and feelings. When the time to vote for the president, or to vote on an economic issue, or anything else, these people would inject their own, untainted views into the system. After the system took all the information it recieved, it would produce a solution that would bring benefits to society as a whole, without special benefits to particular interests groups, or to be politically correct, the power hungry morons who sit at their little government positions, bribing people to "say what you truely believe" in order to get their way.

Wait... im getting a little off track here. Basically, if we had completely honest people running our government, who truely wished for a better America, a better world, and who didnt radiate pressure upon the people to vote in a way that gave them additional power or priveleges, our government system would work perfectly, to bring the highest amount of happiness and satisfaction to the people.

This message has been approved by myself.

By the way... am I even talking about the same subject? Once I start talking about politics, I just ramble on for a long time... if I got off topic, sorry.
8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
When you said that each person had their own political capsule or whatever, thats not entirely true. Although it may not be entirely apparent, the United States of America has only two "modes" of government: the "Mob Mentality" and the "Let The More succesful Guy Figure It Out"

First off, the Mob Mentality. There are two huge examples of this. First is the media. Whichever candidate for whatever gets the most advertising on MTV and the BET will get the popular vote (usually, unless the guy running is a total cock sucker.) This is because the average American is dumb..like, really dumb. How else would you get people to buy the latest flavor of Cap'n Crunch, or vote for Bush? Next example of the Mod Mentality is the Electoral Collage. Take Massachusetts for example. For the average Bostonian, why vote? There is no way in hell we're going to vote Republican (Mr. Romney had special circumstances). Thats because we have always voted Democratic. Why change now, we're too dumb to figure out that maybe another party has something going for them.

Next type of government, "Let The More Successful Guy Figure It Out." We vote in our representatives, and then what? Nothing. We don't know a damned thing about politics right? Most people can't even use a poll booth. Hell if theyre good enough to appear on TV, they'll make good decisions for me, now all I have to do is sit back and complain about what scumbags they are.

Conclusion: Americans are dumb. Now you might say im being unpatriotic, and that not everyone is as ignorant as I say, but think about it. Is everyone as smart as you are? Thinhk of the dumbasses in the city who dropped out in 8th grade, or the poor bastards in the middle of nowhere who dont even know how to read.
9639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
Well....My in my opinion, war is the only way to make ANY kind of advance to world peace....As long as there are other countries who hate each other, there will always be war. My solution....Simply destroy them, a few billion human lives wouldn't be that much of a sacrifice to end war....Bush doesn't seem to realize how much power we have....What we need is a President who can actually WIN a war, this war should of been over a long time ago.....Damn retard. >_>
841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
Generally, most people ARE dumb, and are easily manipulated. Thats why I was using an "in a perfect world" scenario, where people's thoughts and decisions were not influenced by the rest of society, and they actually voted on what they personally thought was right. I was also using an imaginary scenario where everyone's IQ was either equal to that of a sqash or higher.

^Um... I don't mean to bash you or anything, because I respect your views, but... war is one of the WORST ways to bring peace. Let me rephrase; to bring a REAL peace. Some people might think the Indian Wars brought "peace" since they don't really fight back anymore, and are "living peacefully in our society". But guess what? They have been interviewed, and they say how much they Americans, because of what they put them through. When we swept this contry, we took all of the indians, and we "socialized" them to be "just like us". We striped away of all their morales, beliefs, cultures, and hopes when we converted them. The ones that resisted were hunted down and killed. A perfect example is when they killed Sitting Bull.

Lets try another war. How about when we took a large chunk of land from Mexico during a war? Even though a huge percentage of our population is Spanish Mexican, they live on our border, and it seems like they are at peace with us, they say they will have their revenge on us for taking their land, and for their generals during that time.

War never brings true peace. In the back of the conquered people's minds, there is a hatred for us, and for what we did to them, that they will never forget. They shouldnt forget. To bring true peace, we must do it in a non-violent way; through communication and understanding.
8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/07

1337haxxor wrote:

Generally, most people ARE dumb, and are easily manipulated. Thats why I was using an "in a perfect world" scenario, where people's thoughts and decisions were not influenced by the rest of society, and they actually voted on what they personally thought was right. I was also using an imaginary scenario where everyone's IQ was either equal to that of a sqash or higher.


hmm..a squash is pushing it...an eggplant i can see
8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
^wait...an eggplant is a squash isnt it?
1422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
I often use anime forums to discuss political issues
Posted 7/14/07
i wish english was my first so i could understand what most of u guys are talking about i love talking about politics hehe
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/07

punkfilter wrote:

When you said that each person had their own political capsule or whatever, thats not entirely true. Although it may not be entirely apparent, the United States of America has only two "modes" of government: the "Mob Mentality" and the "Let The More succesful Guy Figure It Out"

First off, the Mob Mentality. There are two huge examples of this. First is the media. Whichever candidate for whatever gets the most advertising on MTV and the BET will get the popular vote (usually, unless the guy running is a total cock sucker.) This is because the average American is dumb..like, really dumb. How else would you get people to buy the latest flavor of Cap'n Crunch, or vote for Bush? Next example of the Mod Mentality is the Electoral Collage. Take Massachusetts for example. For the average Bostonian, why vote? There is no way in hell we're going to vote Republican (Mr. Romney had special circumstances). Thats because we have always voted Democratic. Why change now, we're too dumb to figure out that maybe another party has something going for them.

Next type of government, "Let The More Successful Guy Figure It Out." We vote in our representatives, and then what? Nothing. We don't know a damned thing about politics right? Most people can't even use a poll booth. Hell if theyre good enough to appear on TV, they'll make good decisions for me, now all I have to do is sit back and complain about what scumbags they are.

Conclusion: Americans are dumb. Now you might say im being unpatriotic, and that not everyone is as ignorant as I say, but think about it. Is everyone as smart as you are? Thinhk of the dumbasses in the city who dropped out in 8th grade, or the poor bastards in the middle of nowhere who dont even know how to read.



I wont deny that the average person (everywhere, but yes especially America) is an idiot. At least a forth of our population is retarded. (As South Park put it.) However, you’re exaggerating things. Also, I would’ve voted for Bush too. Sure, he’s an idiot, sure he screwed us over, but it was him or Kerry! If bush is a danger to the U.S.A then Bush would’ve destroyed us ages ago.

Also your comment above, about the bad politics coming from loosing the war, not 100% true. War always brings about political unrest, as do elemental disasters, and pretty much everything else that means death. Like the currently legal genocide of unborn babies we glorify with the name abortion! (It’s just murder.)



Dendetsu wrote:

Well....My in my opinion, war is the only way to make ANY kind of advance to world peace....As long as there are other countries who hate each other, there will always be war. My solution....Simply destroy them, a few billion human lives wouldn't be that much of a sacrifice to end war....Bush doesn't seem to realize how much power we have....What we need is a President who can actually WIN a war, this war should of been over a long time ago.....Damn retard. >_>


You’re an idiot. There’s only about 6,608,000,000 people in the world. We can round it up to seven billion. A few billion would be nearly half the worlds entire population. Anyway uniting the world under one country is a bad idea. Having a single government with that much power is very dangerous.

However, there is some sense in your madness. Without war there could not be peace. The world is like a math equation. It has to balance out. The numbers on each side of the equals sign must be equivalent. Think of it like physics. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be transformed from one form to another. To quote an anime “Equivalent Exchange. To get something man must first give something of equal value” (Full Metal Alchemist.)

Mutual fear breads peace.


1337haxxor wrote:

Generally, most people ARE dumb, and are easily manipulated. Thats why I was using an "in a perfect world" scenario, where people's thoughts and decisions were not influenced by the rest of society, and they actually voted on what they personally thought was right. I was also using an imaginary scenario where everyone's IQ was either equal to that of a sqash or higher.

^Um... I don't mean to bash you or anything, because I respect your views, but... war is one of the WORST ways to bring peace. Let me rephrase; to bring a REAL peace. Some people might think the Indian Wars brought "peace" since they don't really fight back anymore, and are "living peacefully in our society". But guess what? They have been interviewed, and they say how much they Americans, because of what they put them through. When we swept this contry, we took all of the indians, and we "socialized" them to be "just like us". We striped away of all their morales, beliefs, cultures, and hopes when we converted them. The ones that resisted were hunted down and killed. A perfect example is when they killed Sitting Bull.

Lets try another war. How about when we took a large chunk of land from Mexico during a war? Even though a huge percentage of our population is Spanish Mexican, they live on our border, and it seems like they are at peace with us, they say they will have their revenge on us for taking their land, and for their generals during that time.

War never brings true peace. In the back of the conquered people's minds, there is a hatred for us, and for what we did to them, that they will never forget. They shouldnt forget. To bring true peace, we must do it in a non-violent way; through communication and understanding.

Mexico wont attack us because they know that we’d crush them in an instant. I don’t mean to insult it, but the Mexican nation isn’t exactly the strongest or most stable. Also, their government officials are too corrupt for a war. They only care about themselves.

Which proves my theory that war breads fear, and fear is the only way for peace. It’s a paradox.
1916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / IL
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
How do we rely on the masses? Everything is decided by the President and Congress...Yea the masses elect them, but thats it. They don't make any of the decisions. How is "The prosperity and increase of quality in life for America and American citizens" going to be our downfall? When we become too...prosperous?....I don't really understand what you're trying to say in this argument.
8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
^frankly, i dont entirely get it either, but we're finally having an intelligent conversation on CR
9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/07

punkfilter wrote:

^wait...an eggplant is a squash isnt it?


No , I don't think the squash is part of the night shade family.

843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Cambridge
Offline
Posted 7/14/07
i just want to put my 2pence in this topic....lolz! coz i dont entirely get the whole point either.....
but i agree with Seraph that having a minority of educated and intelligent people is better than a majority of ignorant and uneducated masses.

As one of my fave quotes say: "A benign dictator is better than an incompetent democracy." (i dont really know who said it but read it somewhere....probably in one of the quotes thread here in CR)
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.