First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
CR promotes hate speech
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/19/17
Like why aren't you perma banning Amyas a guy who has actually said white nationalists aren't bad or all the transphobic people such Rujikin face it this forum is 4chan except you can avoid it on the front page and that's why I will no longer sub to CR premium either fix your shit and move this to a separate forum at least not on the front page of or I'm gonna keep pirating
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Valhalla
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/18/17
I swear you said you were going to delete your account awhile ago...
5504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/18/17
Love you kefka keep being you

1041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/18/17
Sadly even hate speech is free speech. We can either accept other people's opinions or learn to not be so triggered and ignore them.
31132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/18/17
Free speech even if they are jackasses banning them for it when they are not breaking the rules is not right.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/18/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Like why aren't you perma banning Amyas a guy who has actually said white nationalists aren't bad or all the transphobic people such Rujikin face it this forum is 4chan except you can avoid it on the front page and that's why I will no longer sub to CR premium either fix your shit and move this to a separate forum at least not on the front page of or I'm gonna keep pirating


To state the obvious: it is the same reason why you aren't permanently banned, either.
Crunchyroll does not appear to believe that permanent bans are a sufficient means of punishing an individual as long as they weren't a bot spamming.
Simply because someone does not get permanently banned from the platform does not imply that they are promoting the words that are being said.

Similarly speaking, many of your comments have been rather abrasive and narrow-minded - do you think you should be permanently banned for those statements?
Or would you rather be given the chance to state your opinion in an open forum like this?

It's a hypothetical question - clearly, you have no desire to be banned from the overall forum.
The issue stems from the fact that many of the moderators of Crunchyroll expect that forum members follow the rules that are outlined as "forum rules".
This means that they try to be as impartial as possible in banning individuals.
Which means that the length of bans increases exponentially - first offense punishment differs from fifth offense punishment (some of the ones you have mentioned have been banned for months at a time, mind you).

As for your threat of pirating, this may come to a surprise but one customer leaving for this particular reason does not necessarily make a statement.
It is no different than being offended that a grocery store is out of your favorite frozen bread and declaring that you will no longer shop there unless you are able to get a loaf of that bread immediately.
"Bye, Felicia" is the mentality of the employee that only manages the stock, not the one who decides to supply the store with limited stock.
This is basically the impression you seem to be giving.
16299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/18/17
You're both supposed to be in your mid twenties FFS - Grow Up!

Behave!
28830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/18/17

ronin99 wrote:

I swear you said you were going to delete your account awhile ago...


Yo right?! That's what I was thinking...
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/19/17
Free speech only applies to public spaces and besides I want to get banned because this is basically mental self harm.
Also the fact they treat all ideas as equal is disgusting
But yes STOP SAYING GROW UP IM AS MATURE AS I CAN FUCKING GET WITH MY ILLNESSEs
and I didnt know i could delete accounts gonna go do that bye
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/19/17
Cowboy you are the one who calls me a man
if you see me as a man then i hate you i dont care if you save cats I hate you
Go on call me all the slurs I dare you
Also CR wont let me nuke my account
7687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pensacola
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/19/17
says female on your profile. which isn't a surprise to me. lots of boys pretend they are girls to get a rise out of folks. i ran into a transgender the other day, short, bald had a beard. then she spoke and it was clearly a woman, quite ugly reminded me of a tall midget thats kinda what it looked like.
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/19/17

ironh19 wrote:

says female on your profile. which isn't a surprise to me. lots of boys pretend they are girls to get a rise out of folks. i ran into a transgender the other day, short, bald had a beard. then she spoke and it was clearly a woman, quite ugly reminded me of a tall midget thats kinda what it looked like.


I've been on hrt for 2 years try again if if that was a trans man then T works differently for some maybe his voice didn't deepen enough
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/19/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Free speech only applies to public spaces and besides I want to get banned because this is basically mental self harm.
Also the fact they treat all ideas as equal is disgusting
But yes STOP SAYING GROW UP IM AS MATURE AS I CAN FUCKING GET WITH MY ILLNESSEs
and I didnt know i could delete accounts gonna go do that bye


Free speech applies anywhere that it permits it.
Crunchyroll does not see these ideas as "equal" which is why people are warned, banned, or otherwise when they extend beyond the rules of the forum.
You equating going to a forum as "mental self-harm" is an exaggeration, at best.
There have not been many posts that are transphobic or focused on white supremacy as of recent days.

Amyas_Leigh actually deleted his account and created a new one.
Rujikin was only recently unbanned, subsequently banned shortly after, only to be unbanned as it was deemed too harsh to give him another month-long ban after having been unbanned for a few days.

You are essentially making mountains out of ant hills in this situation.
Perhaps you should take some time to yourself and reflect on why the world does not bend to the will of one individual.
This is why multiple perspectives, even if they aren't of the popular opinion, equate to a better understanding of the world we live in.
Not everybody on this great planet is going to agree with you, nor will everybody disagree with you.
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/19/17
I'm just asking you to not misgender trans people is that so much
no
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.