Post Reply SENYU Why is this anime not super beyond ultra famous
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Las Vegas, NV
Offline
Posted 10/18/17 , edited 10/19/17
Ok today i did my weekly Random search on CR and in my second try this anime showed up

http://www.crunchyroll.com/senyu

the most funny thing i have watched in years so my question is why is this not an "introduction to anime"
if you don't like it don't bother, you won't get it never ever....
hahahah watch the first 4 episodes if you do not agree with me come back and "curse me for making you waste 20 minutes of your life"
2096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/19/17 , edited 10/19/17
Reason 1: Shorts never make it big. Somehow 4 minute episodes are a turn off, even though they can be over and done with in an hour or two. OP has probably finished season 1 by now.

Reason 2: Season 2 is confusing; fans are left pondering rather than screaming in joy. Just one of the reasons it's heard of less often.

All comedy is hit or miss but Senyuu is great (think "Baka and Test" w/o romance or Gintama).
22526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 10/19/17 , edited 10/19/17
It's pretty funny. My sister and I enjoyed it greatly.



But it's short and hardly has a proper plot or ending. Not much to say about it as a whole. Just a funny series of shorts.
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Las Vegas, NV
Offline
Posted 10/19/17 , edited 10/19/17

ifIknew wrote:

Reason 1: Shorts never make it big. Somehow 4 minute episodes are a turn off, even though they can be over and done with in an hour or two. OP has probably finished season 1 by now.

Reason 2: Season 2 is confusing; fans are left pondering rather than screaming in joy. Just one of the reasons it's heard of less often.

All comedy is hit or miss but Senyuu is great (think "Baka and Test" w/o romance or Gintama).


I see it more like a knock off of the original guru guru story just resumed what i really love is the short episodes is super fun short and tells all whats need in just a bit some series take forever just to say or do something quick example watch the last episode of Boruto this guys has been talking crap for the last two weeks and accomplished NOTHING at all lol
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Las Vegas, NV
Offline
Posted 10/19/17 , edited 10/19/17

Felstalker wrote:

It's pretty funny. My sister and I enjoyed it greatly.



But it's short and hardly has a proper plot or ending. Not much to say about it as a whole. Just a funny series of shorts.


watch Guru Guru and then you will see the whole plot there I still think is a knock off from the first guru guru but is exactly the who story really short FYI the new guru guru is exactly like this except the body guard / soldier from the king but has a lot of characters who do the same job as the soldier lol give it a try won't regret it
7735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 10/19/17 , edited 10/19/17

WickedCuban wrote:

Ok today i did my weekly Random search on CR and in my second try this anime showed up

http://www.crunchyroll.com/senyu

the most funny thing i have watched in years so my question is why is this not an "introduction to anime"
if you don't like it don't bother, you won't get it never ever....
hahahah watch the first 4 episodes if you do not agree with me come back and "curse me for making you waste 20 minutes of your life"


As per your request of "curse me for making you waste 20 minutes of your life" I am here to curse you for ruining 30 minutes of my life as I gave it a 6 episode chance... Not sure if it was the type of humor or art style but this just didnt do it for me.
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Las Vegas, NV
Offline
Posted 10/19/17 , edited 10/19/17

DevinKuska wrote:


WickedCuban wrote:

Ok today i did my weekly Random search on CR and in my second try this anime showed up

http://www.crunchyroll.com/senyu

the most funny thing i have watched in years so my question is why is this not an "introduction to anime"
if you don't like it don't bother, you won't get it never ever....
hahahah watch the first 4 episodes if you do not agree with me come back and "curse me for making you waste 20 minutes of your life"


As per your request of "curse me for making you waste 20 minutes of your life" I am here to curse you for ruining 30 minutes of my life as I gave it a 6 episode chance... Not sure if it was the type of humor or art style but this just didnt do it for me.


hahhaaahhaahahaahhahaa thanks lmao you just made my day lol sorry you didn't get that humor tbh i'm not a fan of the art style either just the pun lines
22526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 10/20/17 , edited 10/20/17

DevinKuska wrote:

As per your request of "curse me for making you waste 20 minutes of your life" I am here to curse you for ruining 30 minutes of my life as I gave it a 6 episode chance... Not sure if it was the type of humor or art style but this just didnt do it for me.


Comedy is, more so than other genre's, a "your mileage may vary" genre. Some jokes are funnier to others, and some shows have a comedic timing that really jives with you.


Cromartie High School is extremely hilarious, with it's absurd characters and deadpan joke delivery. There's an entire episode about the student body humming a song together in an attempt to figure out who sang the song. They never find out the artist, but they do find the person who first started humming it. It's hilarious and....well stupid.



Sennyu has great moments of hilarity....for those who like it's comedy. Maybe it's not for you.
7735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 10/20/17 , edited 10/20/17

Felstalker wrote:


DevinKuska wrote:

As per your request of "curse me for making you waste 20 minutes of your life" I am here to curse you for ruining 30 minutes of my life as I gave it a 6 episode chance... Not sure if it was the type of humor or art style but this just didnt do it for me.


Comedy is, more so than other genre's, a "your mileage may vary" genre. Some jokes are funnier to others, and some shows have a comedic timing that really jives with you.


Cromartie High School is extremely hilarious, with it's absurd characters and deadpan joke delivery. There's an entire episode about the student body humming a song together in an attempt to figure out who sang the song. They never find out the artist, but they do find the person who first started humming it. It's hilarious and....well stupid.



Sennyu has great moments of hilarity....for those who like it's comedy. Maybe it's not for you.


I agree, I wasn't saying the show was horrid its just not for me at this point in time. My post about the curse was a comedic response to the OPs original post gurantee
45907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 10/20/17 , edited 10/21/17
Shorts sad to say get short changed !

But really shorts are often quite good I dont get who some anime fans dont watch them

Miss Monochrome / Teeykuu / Millitari are ROFL most of the time !

I often start with them to warm-up
You must be logged in to post.