First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What are some good metal bands out there?
49783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17
Looking for some new metal bands to listen to and enjoy.

Here are some bands that I listen to. But I only listen to one or few songs from them that I really like. I am not a metalhead by any means but I do enjoy listening to it from time to time. I just want to broaden my horizons some more.



I know there are much better bands out there then these listed here. Not saying these listed here are bad I just want to find something else. So, can anyone help me out? Looking for bands from the year 1990 to 2010s.
7933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Modesto, CA
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 11/19/17
The only band in there that's actually *metal* is Amon Amarth. Try looking for other metal threads in the forums.
49783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17

nonspecificscientific wrote:

The only band in there that's actually *metal* is Amon Amarth. Try looking for other metal threads in the forums.


And just pick one and take it from there? It's just I didn't know where to start.
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 11/19/17
Copy and pasted from another thread

AWH BOY TIME TO SHINE.Going to post a list of good ones.

The Human Abstract - Digital Veil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPFGyS3jPuQ

While She Sleeps - Trophies of Violence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBvMWOfijLw

Wage War - Stitch (one of my personal favorite bands)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE7oZ9nVFB0

Affiance - Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyhlCdAuGaA

After The Burial - Lost in The Static (another personal favorite of mine. Of course I like them all though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbVJ2m6Xyw8

Plini - Away (I don't think you'd really consider this guy metal, but he definitely has modern progressive metal influences)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHW_joEhnVI

Protest The Hero - Tilting Against Windmills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYiklBzS8U

Monuments - Origin Of Escape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSYjCtkcC8

Tesseract - Resist (This song invokes a lot of emotion for me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBdKC4EwSs

Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z3spJ_z3Es

Now I'll add a few more after judging your list

Parkway Drive - Carrion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2kSva4NT8

Sylosis - Servitude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoIfuPR2nqg

Bring Me The Horizon - Sleepwalking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZ3l4RrjB0

August Burns Red - Invisible Enemy (this band has a lot of pretty interesting stuff. So I will link a second song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sWKKKNRV90

August Burns Red - Frost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKlP2rKtAGQ
7933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Modesto, CA
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17

Zenpie wrote:

Copy and pasted from another thread

AWH BOY TIME TO SHINE.Going to post a list of good ones.

The Human Abstract - Digital Veil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPFGyS3jPuQ

While She Sleeps - Trophies of Violence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBvMWOfijLw

Wage War - Stitch (one of my personal favorite bands)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE7oZ9nVFB0

Affiance - Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyhlCdAuGaA

After The Burial - Lost in The Static (another personal favorite of mine. Of course I like them all though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbVJ2m6Xyw8

Plini - Away (I don't think you'd really consider this guy metal, but he definitely has modern progressive metal influences)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHW_joEhnVI

Protest The Hero - Tilting Against Windmills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYiklBzS8U

Monuments - Origin Of Escape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSYjCtkcC8

Tesseract - Resist (This song invokes a lot of emotion for me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBdKC4EwSs

Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z3spJ_z3Es

Now I'll add a few more after judging your list

Parkway Drive - Carrion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2kSva4NT8

Sylosis - Servitude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoIfuPR2nqg

Bring Me The Horizon - Sleepwalking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZ3l4RrjB0

August Burns Red - Invisible Enemy (this band has a lot of pretty interesting stuff. So I will link a second song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sWKKKNRV90

August Burns Red - Frost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKlP2rKtAGQ


I see you dig that Christian metal.
2491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17
August Burns Red Album Found in Faraway Places best album of all time. You might like Parkway Drive, All That Remains(Fall of Ideals and This Darkened Heart are their best albums), Atreyu is classic, Shokran has a couple songs I like, Shadow of Intent has 2 good albums, I like Motionless in White.
7933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Modesto, CA
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17

qualeshia3 wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:

The only band in there that's actually *metal* is Amon Amarth. Try looking for other metal threads in the forums.


And just pick one and take it from there? It's just I didn't know where to start.


Immortal. Start with Immortal.
49783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17

nonspecificscientific wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:

The only band in there that's actually *metal* is Amon Amarth. Try looking for other metal threads in the forums.


And just pick one and take it from there? It's just I didn't know where to start.


Immortal. Start with Immortal.


It's just Immortal and nothing else comes after it.
2491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17
I absolutely implore you to listen to the album Found in Faraway Places by August Burns Red, it is very interesting, I love it so much.
1381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17
At The Gates, Kalmah.

Oh, and if you like Amon Amarth, don't forget to check out Evocation. They're basically ATG and Amon combined.
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17

I do actually, even if I don't like their religious aspect. Only For Today gets cringeworthy with it. Even though they are a good band. One of my favorite metalcore bands is Christian. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5bkXZXe4cA
Though I'm not sure how many of these bands actually believe it, or just say their christian for the extra fame
7933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Modesto, CA
Offline
Posted 10/21/17 , edited 10/22/17

qualeshia3 wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:

The only band in there that's actually *metal* is Amon Amarth. Try looking for other metal threads in the forums.


And just pick one and take it from there? It's just I didn't know where to start.


Immortal. Start with Immortal.


It's just Immortal and nothing else comes after it.


*Start* with Immortal, check out many other bands. See what you like, what you dislike, etc. I can give more recommendations if you want.


Werning wrote:

At The Gates, Kalmah.

Oh, and if you like Amon Amarth, don't forget to check out Evocation. They're basically ATG and Amon combined.


I'll have to check these guys out.


Zenpie wrote:


I do actually, even if I don't like their religious aspect. Only For Today gets cringeworthy with it. Even though they are a good band. One of my favorite metalcore bands is Christian. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5bkXZXe4cA
Though I'm not sure how many of these bands actually believe it, or just say their christian for the extra fame


Yeah, a lot of "Christian" metalcore bands just do it for the extra attention.
12864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/22/17 , edited 10/22/17
Only some of his work can be considered metal but the Devin Townsend Project may interest you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DKs0qfdEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCNx6vs7c2Y
1416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/24/17 , edited 10/24/17
This is the only metal you need. ROOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NFMHf3PF6Y
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/17 , edited 11/13/17
dog fashion disco
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.