First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Black Friday Shopping 2017
3815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/1/17 , edited 11/1/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:



Kohl's black friday shopping will start on Nov 20 though.....

https://www.kohls.com/catalog.jsp?CN=Assortment:cat2990005%3Acat3140050%3Acat3150090&BL=y&icid=hpmf-bfpreview


True. True. Thanks for the One day only sale. I didn't see that.

I got some hoodies and ultra soft fleece for the winter. They will give you $5 kohl cash if you choose to pick up in store (save them on shipping cost) + $15 cash for $50+ purchase . I'll get another pair of shoes or maybe shorts with the $20 store cash...

886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Huntsville
Offline
Posted 11/1/17 , edited 11/1/17
I am so super excited for Black Friday deals. It's going to be epic.
37852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/1/17 , edited 11/2/17
People around here don't go crazy, so it's not exciting. Just really busy and obnoxious.
7933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Modesto, CA
Offline
Posted 11/1/17 , edited 11/2/17
Ah, yes. The day we celebrate our provision and count our blessings together as a family... Only to dress up later and shop like a maniac over all the things your eyes can covet.
4456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/1/17 , edited 11/2/17

dulun18 wrote:



True. True. Thanks for the One day only sale. I didn't see that.

I got some hoodies and ultra soft fleece for the winter. They will give you $5 kohl cash if you choose to pick up in store (save them on shipping cost) + $15 cash for $50+ purchase . I'll get another pair of shoes or maybe shorts with the $20 store cash...



They will give you $5 Kohl cash for choosing pick up in store ? What are the requirements? I have a Kohl store just 1/2 mile from me and it's on the way from work too.

$6-$8 for a sweater is not bad.. NIKE shoes are not qualified for the coupon codes ... you can use Kohl cash on them though..

29316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 11/1/17 , edited 11/2/17
I have no money so there will be no Black Friday shopping for me. Otherwise I would probably be wanting a Switch for Super Mario Odyssey.
14447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / AH / Helipad
Online
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/2/17
Why would I willingly go out on a day dedicated to swarms of annoying people and mentally challenged drivers just to buy shit I don't need?
3815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/2/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:



They will give you $5 Kohl cash for choosing pick up in store ? What are the requirements? I have a Kohl store just 1/2 mile from me and it's on the way from work too.

$6-$8 for a sweater is not bad.. NIKE shoes are not qualified for the coupon codes ... you can use Kohl cash on them though..



I don't know what are the exact requirements but i bought stuff from them over the last 2-3 months (all free shipping). I added 7 items to the cart and picked pick up in store for a few items and one item for shipping, that's when i noticed a message on top of my check out page that they will give me $5 Kohl cash if i choose pick up in store. I had enough items to qualify for free shipping at the time, it's probably to save them on shipping costs for regular customers ?? They sent me the code after I picked up my items.

There's no wait time for this $5 Kohl cash either, so i got another item before the one day sale ended. There's a Kohl store next to my bank so i'll just pick up the items when i need to make a deposit or notarize some documents.



I guess yesterday was the start of Black Friday shopping for me The items i want were 66% off + 20% coupon + $15 cash + $5 cash + 3x points. I got long sleeve t-shirts and hoodies for the winter and some athletic shirts for the summer.
157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/2/17
I went one year and people were acting like animals. I may just go this year and vlog the madness.
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17

purplealchemist wrote:

So I feel Black Friday shouldn't exist.

We don't need a event where people fight over huge televisions, play stations, for a cheap price.
Especially right after Thanksgiving.
Like, what's the point?

I really wish we could get rid of it.


I buy most of my gifts along with a lot of expensive purchases during the sales. If they didn't have the sales I wouldn't buy some of the items and I have skipped buying stuff because it wasn't on sale.

Why should i pay full price when I can wait for them to drop the prices?
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/17 , edited 11/3/17
A few have said it already but I wait for cyber Monday, no rude people to deal with. Most likely going with some anime and/or game deals I've been keeping an eye on.
4456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/17 , edited 11/4/17

dulun18 wrote:



I don't know what are the exact requirements but i bought stuff from them over the last 2-3 months (all free shipping). I added 7 items to the cart and picked pick up in store for a few items and one item for shipping, that's when i noticed a message on top of my check out page that they will give me $5 Kohl cash if i choose pick up in store. I had enough items to qualify for free shipping at the time, it's probably to save them on shipping costs for regular customers ?? They sent me the code after I picked up my items.

There's no wait time for this $5 Kohl cash either, so i got another item before the one day sale ended. There's a Kohl store next to my bank so i'll just pick up the items when i need to make a deposit or notarize some documents.



I guess yesterday was the start of Black Friday shopping for me The items i want were 66% off + 20% coupon + $15 cash + $5 cash + 3x points. I got long sleeve t-shirts and hoodies for the winter and some athletic shirts for the summer.


I'll try it the next time i want to by something from Kohl. Are you a Kohl card holder? They should have the 30% off event soon...
3815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I'll try it the next time i want to by something from Kohl. Are you a Kohl card holder? They should have the 30% off event soon...


Yes. I"m a kohl card holder. They will also have the 40% off coupon sent out via email sometimes:)

Put the $10 off $25 code in your account (combine it with 30% off + free shipping when you can). They send me this code with my last $50+ purchase.

1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17
I'm pretty "Anti-Black Friday".
These sales that last for 3-5 weeks that are under the guise of "Black Friday" are okay (like the Kohl's ones that were posted).
My issue stems from those who line up for the "best deals" of the year and are so aggressive that they nearly run over one another.
It just isn't something that should be encouraged.
These kinds of events should be held throughout the year where it allows for safer delivery of packages, less frustration from brick and mortar stores (Wal*Mart, Kohls, Target, Best Buy, JC Penny, etc), and with more of a structured environment to ensure that people aren't driven to mere pack rats trying to get a specific item on their list.
3815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

Cydoemus wrote:

I'm pretty "Anti-Black Friday".
These sales that last for 3-5 weeks that are under the guise of "Black Friday" are okay (like the Kohl's ones that were posted).
My issue stems from those who line up for the "best deals" of the year and are so aggressive that they nearly run over one another.
It just isn't something that should be encouraged.
These kinds of events should be held throughout the year where it allows for safer delivery of packages, less frustration from brick and mortar stores (Wal*Mart, Kohls, Target, Best Buy, JC Penny, etc), and with more of a structured environment to ensure that people aren't driven to mere pack rats trying to get a specific item on their list.


It doesn't have to be black friday

Lines outside Apples store as iPhone X goes on sale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfV4-rO_wfw

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.