First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
It's ok to be white
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:



I feel the OP should have edited this post to include the context of this. In essence, stating opinions and reasoning as to what should be done and why.



Yeah, it is clear from most peoples replies on page 1 and 2 (along the lines of "who cares" or "abandon thread" or "bait thread") that they haven't even heard about how this is an actual thing(was organised and planned) and the reactions to it.
Like i can understand those replies by just seeing the picture and not knowing that it was actually an organised thing and not knowing how so many retards are accusing those posters of being racist hateful Nazi propaganda.

EDIT: the only logic in having a reaction like that is that you are either anti white or a SJW.


The point was to see what kind of a response people would have. Its a statement everyone should be able to agree with. The response to it is the discussion point of the thread.

If someone made a thread about it being ok to be black too then I'd just agree and move on to seeing how others respond. The responses tell a lot about what people think of race.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Not sure if this really qualifies as bait. I mean, I suppose it is a worthless thread in terms of discussion, but other than the topic of politics, I do not find the original post to be too inflammatory? There is barely anything to discuss in the first place. Mountains out of molehills, guys.

I am not sure why we are all up in arms in anticipation of a fuse being lit.


Thats the whole point of this. Its not inflammatory at all and infact it is stating a simple fact everyone should be able to agree with. The fact that this is bait to some people tells a lot about what they think of being white. This not being a simple fact that is easily accepted is the discussion.
26461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In Jail, On Death...
Online
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

GrandMasterTime wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Not sure of the Neo-Nazis, but Nazi Germany did indeed have a "racial aspect" going on, that did not rely just on skin pigmentation, but more of blood? I believe that simply being of a certain heritage was enough to land one a star of David.

Racism is silly for the boundaries it comes up with, whether the imaginary or the significantly insignificant. A giant "No true Scotsmen" if I ever saw one.


Neo Nazism is pretty much a white supremacy movement or at least that is the impression I get. I don't really read literature dedicated to Neo Nazism so I can't comment past that but yeah Racism or even great emphasis on any kind of racial identity is stupid in my opinion but I hold that opinion because of my theology.


They both are from what I have read, from historians on Nazism and a few former accounts of former Neo-Nazis. Not sure about my previous uncertainty, I must be tired. Many of them were young adults who lacked self esteem, that sought to find an "inherent" sense of worth, or superiority rather. Quite a few were previously just thugs.

I was reminded of this earlier from a "Black Man Hugs White Supremacist" story that was running, with one of the alleged incidences being that when ask why he did not like blacks, the Neo-Nazis replied "I don't know." I could not find any confirmation, but it bears reminiscent to this common hindsight observation I see.
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

kiltmaker2 wrote:

As you know, below the skin we are all the same. Then I read stuff like this and realize why "It's OK to be white" campaigns happen:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/01/dnc-white-men-shouldnt-apply-for-tech-jobs.html


The fact that this is controversial or considered bait is very telling.

Tulane Sophomore reacts to "It's Okay to Be White" Posters on Campus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOl1fFMseLw&feature=youtu.be






26461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In Jail, On Death...
Online
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

jewishrapscallion wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:



I feel the OP should have edited this post to include the context of this. In essence, stating opinions and reasoning as to what should be done and why.



Yeah, it is clear from most peoples replies on page 1 and 2 (along the lines of "who cares" or "abandon thread" or "bait thread") that they haven't even heard about how this is an actual thing(was organised and planned) and the reactions to it.
Like i can understand those replies by just seeing the picture and not knowing that it was actually an organised thing and not knowing how so many retards are accusing those posters of being racist hateful Nazi propaganda.

EDIT: the only logic in having a reaction like that is that you are either anti white or a SJW.


The point was to see what kind of a response people would have. Its a statement everyone should be able to agree with. The response to it is the discussion point of the thread.

If someone made a thread about it being ok to be black too then I'd just agree and move on to seeing how others respond. The responses tell a lot about what people think of race.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Not sure if this really qualifies as bait. I mean, I suppose it is a worthless thread in terms of discussion, but other than the topic of politics, I do not find the original post to be too inflammatory? There is barely anything to discuss in the first place. Mountains out of molehills, guys.

I am not sure why we are all up in arms in anticipation of a fuse being lit.


Thats the whole point of this. Its not inflammatory at all and infact it is stating a simple fact everyone should be able to agree with. The fact that this is bait to some people tells a lot about what they think of being white. This not being a simple fact that is easily accepted is the discussion.


Some of the posters I have seen replying in such a manner have been genuinely pleasant in discussions, and to be fair, I was considering the fact that this was bait for a variety of reasons.

-Low amount of CR points, indicative of post count and length of time on Crunchyroll.

-A simple statement concerning racial politics.

-A lack of discussion due to a lack of the current context.

-The fact that politics of any sort is likely to blow up in some matter.

-A lack of intent was not included.

-Your name is "JewishRapscallion"

I just did not get angry, because I did not considered this bait made with too much effort. Trying to hide it as a "social experiment" appears nonsensical when you account for these factors and subtle cues.
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

They both are from what I have read, from historians on Nazism and a few former accounts of former Neo-Nazis. Not sure about my previous uncertainty, I must be tired. Many of them were young adults who lacked self esteem, that sought to find an "inherent" sense of worth, or superiority rather. Quite a few were previously just thugs.

I was reminded of this earlier from a "Black Man Hugs White Supremacist" story that was running, with one of the alleged incidences being that when ask why he did not like blacks, the Neo-Nazis replied "I don't know." I could not find any confirmation, but it bears reminiscent to this common hindsight observation I see.


I would argue against Nazism being a white supremacy movement again. Nazism was a response to German humiliation and great economic hardship. It wasn't any kind of response to "non whites".

Yeah I can see a resemblance of that phenomenon when people attend rallies that are geared towards a certain political ideology, they just see those with opposing opinions as they "enemy" but often they forget why they are the "enemy".


Disclaimer for anyone not reading my posts in context, I believe Neo Nazism is different from Nazism. Nazism is of more historical usage.
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


jewishrapscallion wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:



I feel the OP should have edited this post to include the context of this. In essence, stating opinions and reasoning as to what should be done and why.



Yeah, it is clear from most peoples replies on page 1 and 2 (along the lines of "who cares" or "abandon thread" or "bait thread") that they haven't even heard about how this is an actual thing(was organised and planned) and the reactions to it.
Like i can understand those replies by just seeing the picture and not knowing that it was actually an organised thing and not knowing how so many retards are accusing those posters of being racist hateful Nazi propaganda.

EDIT: the only logic in having a reaction like that is that you are either anti white or a SJW.


The point was to see what kind of a response people would have. Its a statement everyone should be able to agree with. The response to it is the discussion point of the thread.

If someone made a thread about it being ok to be black too then I'd just agree and move on to seeing how others respond. The responses tell a lot about what people think of race.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Not sure if this really qualifies as bait. I mean, I suppose it is a worthless thread in terms of discussion, but other than the topic of politics, I do not find the original post to be too inflammatory? There is barely anything to discuss in the first place. Mountains out of molehills, guys.

I am not sure why we are all up in arms in anticipation of a fuse being lit.


Thats the whole point of this. Its not inflammatory at all and infact it is stating a simple fact everyone should be able to agree with. The fact that this is bait to some people tells a lot about what they think of being white. This not being a simple fact that is easily accepted is the discussion.


Some of the posters I have seen replying in such a manner have been genuinely pleasant in discussions, and to be fair, I was considering the fact that this was bait for a variety of reasons.

-Low amount of CR points, indicative of post count and length of time on Crunchyroll.

-A simple statement concerning racial politics.

-A lack of discussion due to a lack of the current context.

-The fact that politics of any sort is likely to blow up in some matter.

-A lack of intent was not included.

-Your name is "JewishRapscallion"

I just did not get angry, because I did not considered this bait made with too much effort. Trying to hide it as a "social experiment" appears nonsensical when you account for these factors and subtle cues.

Intent? I wanted to see how it would turn out before interfering.

Jewish Rapscallion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGb4STRfKw

Watch this ^

Not sure what your point there is but it feels like your trying to show discontent without really knowing what annoys you about this while trying to act like you know what it is.
19849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

Alistatiora wrote:

And can I just say it is ok if I don't like ketchup?!?!?! OK??? I just don't like ketchup, guys. Sour cream on french fries is so much better. It's like a baked potato in every bite.


Hey, now! Ketchup is incredible! If we're gonna drag any condiment, it's gotta be Mayo. Now that stuff is the worst.
48699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17
There is vague anti-white sentiment floating around in my city nowadays, glad I'm not white. It sucks when people swing too hard against racism and become racist themselves...
26461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In Jail, On Death...
Online
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

GrandMasterTime wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

They both are from what I have read, from historians on Nazism and a few former accounts of former Neo-Nazis. Not sure about my previous uncertainty, I must be tired. Many of them were young adults who lacked self esteem, that sought to find an "inherent" sense of worth, or superiority rather. Quite a few were previously just thugs.

I was reminded of this earlier from a "Black Man Hugs White Supremacist" story that was running, with one of the alleged incidences being that when ask why he did not like blacks, the Neo-Nazis replied "I don't know." I could not find any confirmation, but it bears reminiscent to this common hindsight observation I see.


I would argue against Nazism being a white supremacy movement again. Nazism was a response to German humiliation and great economic hardship. It wasn't any kind of response to "non whites".

Yeah I can see a resemblance of that phenomenon when people attend rallies that are geared towards a certain political ideology, they just see those with opposing opinions as they "enemy" but often they forget why they are the "enemy".


Ah, a predominantly racist one? I could see why the value of that view, holding to context the previous world war. I see what you mean now.
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

GrandMasterTime wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

They both are from what I have read, from historians on Nazism and a few former accounts of former Neo-Nazis. Not sure about my previous uncertainty, I must be tired. Many of them were young adults who lacked self esteem, that sought to find an "inherent" sense of worth, or superiority rather. Quite a few were previously just thugs.

I was reminded of this earlier from a "Black Man Hugs White Supremacist" story that was running, with one of the alleged incidences being that when ask why he did not like blacks, the Neo-Nazis replied "I don't know." I could not find any confirmation, but it bears reminiscent to this common hindsight observation I see.


I would argue against Nazism being a white supremacy movement again. Nazism was a response to German humiliation and great economic hardship. It wasn't any kind of response to "non whites".

Yeah I can see a resemblance of that phenomenon when people attend rallies that are geared towards a certain political ideology, they just see those with opposing opinions as they "enemy" but often they forget why they are the "enemy".


It was indeed a response to German humiliation and great economic hardship however it was just one of many responses. For an entire generation Germans were told they were dirt, they lived like shit, and they had no future. Hitler told them that they weren't dirt and that they were strong. He gave hopeless people hope and made them feel a pride in themselves. He then used their hate of France and the allies and turned it against the rich, specifically the Jews. He then promised them wealth redistribution just like the communists but a more limited approach to it.

Its dangerous when you tell an entire group of people they are shit and worthless because of their birth. When they find their pride they turn against those who made them suffer.
mxdan 
11843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17
op...

26461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In Jail, On Death...
Online
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17


My point is to examine why people reacted the way they did to your original post. Your lack of intent for the thread wasn't stated is what I meant, because there was no obvious purpose. I am a bit optimistic perhaps, but I do not believe most of the naysayers reacted the way they did out of anti-white sentiment, but the anticipation of a fuse being lit.

Everyone here is aware that some moron will react negatively, or someone posting a lukewarm reaction may be perceived as being of anti-white sentiment by a troll looking to start a fight, etc.

Namely, someone posted a two liner on racial politics, with no guided direction or intent of what to discuss, with a name such as yours, and a CR post count that is associated with an alternate account troll.

This doesn't appear to be true of you in this scenario, and I apologize, but I wouldn't say the assumption is unreasonable. In any case, I agree with the rule stating that a thread's purpose needs to be clearly stated, instead of pushed off as a "React to this" type of thread.


321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

mxdan wrote:

op...



Why is this even a fire? Its just a simple statement that everyone should be able to agree on.
mxdan 
11843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

jewishrapscallion wrote:

Why is this even a fire? Its just a simple statement that everyone should be able to agree on.


If you really want to know the cause of cultural mistrust that has overwhelmed the social sciences and cultural studies look up Jean-François Lyotard's 'Metanarratives' and more broadly Postmodernism in general. It's part of the prevailing ideal of thought for most of the extremest caveats and more or less the reason people are covering their ears instead of trying to understand deep and intrinsic socio-economic issues that all cultures have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metanarrative
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/17 , edited 11/3/17

mxdan wrote:


jewishrapscallion wrote:

Why is this even a fire? Its just a simple statement that everyone should be able to agree on.


If you really want to know the cause of cultural mistrust that has overwhelmed the social sciences and cultural studies look up Jean-François Lyotard's 'Metanarratives' and more broadly Postmodernism in general. It's part of the prevailing ideal of thought for most of the extremest caveats and more or less the reason people are covering their ears instead of trying to understand deep and intrinsic socio-economic issues that all cultures have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metanarrative


What you just said was a bunch of nonsense to completely avoid my question.

Why is this even a fire? Its just a simple statement that everyone should be able to agree on.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.