First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Metallica
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 7/23/07

bakanobaka wrote:

MEtallica is really nostalgic for me because they used to be the most brutal shit ever back in the Noob-Metal days. They are always good to listen to every once in a while.


you've got to be shitting me. first, how can it be nostalgic for you? the last time metallica even remotely kicked ass was 1987... well before you were even born. Hell, you were in kindergarten when the final nail was put in their coffin back in 1996 (that would be the Load album btw).

"Noob-Metal days" - what are you referring to with this statement? Metal was around long before 1983 when Metallica got popular. Don't forget NWBHM bands like Maiden and Judas Priest, and of course the fathers of modern heavy music, Black Sabbath.

The guy on the previous page hit the nail on the hand when he gave much of Metallica's early credit to Dave Mustaine. And Metallica was just one piece of the puzzle in the old san fransisco bay thrash area scene. Bands like Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax were there as well. Slayer is the only band that's actually attempted to stay true to their old sound (and that's even debatable), but at least they're still a thrash metal band.

I think their first 4 albums are good, though nothing warranting the praise they get from kids who get all their metal knowledge from VH1's Behind the Music (is that even still on anymore?). Black album is when they transformed into the radio friendly MTV whore pop stars, that album is a steaming pile of shit. Load and virtually everything after that is barely even Metal, let alone thrash.

I'm not even going to get into their hypocrisy (i think i discussed it at length earlier in this thread anyways)
Posted 7/23/07
I swear to god the next person i see post Metallica is the best band ever ...im probabaly going to kill you for a complete lack of intelligence and outright ignorance on anything music related

Edit: IDC if this is a Metallica thread or not

Trevor (OP)
17206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/23/07
I like a few songs by them. I was looking throught some Youtube videos and the older the version the better it was.

~Kirby
327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / in your pants
Offline
Posted 7/23/07
no matter which way you look at it metallica kicks a$$!
Posted 7/23/07

grimreaper99 wrote:

no matter which way you look at it metallica kicks a$$!


before i was born...after my birth...not soo much

Trevor (OP)
2611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / comic shops and c...
Offline
Posted 7/23/07
METALLICA SUCKS. END OF STORY. listen to slayer. they are SOOOOOO much better as well as underated. even thier least successful albums are better than most metallica albums. u wanna know how much metallica sucks? they drank thier skills away. that's right. there was a reason why they were considering calling themselve Alcoholica at one point in time. they drank so much booze and lost so many brain cells that they actually forgot how to play the solo's to many of thier songs. dumb bastards. listen to slayer, pantera and even gwar. those bands are amongst some of the greatest metal bands in history and yet they are constantly being overlooked because metallica's mainstream ass is always robbing the spotlight. metallica sucks. accept for master of puppets. other than that album, metallica sucks. period. goodnight.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 7/23/07

dogwitch wrote:

METALLICA SUCKS. END OF STORY. listen to slayer. they are SOOOOOO much better as well as underated. even thier least successful albums are better than most metallica albums. u wanna know how much metallica sucks? they drank thier skills away. that's right. there was a reason why they were considering calling themselve Alcoholica at one point in time. they drank so much booze and lost so many brain cells that they actually forgot how to play the solo's to many of thier songs. dumb bastards. listen to slayer, pantera and even gwar. those bands are amongst some of the greatest metal bands in history and yet they are constantly being overlooked because metallica's mainstream ass is always robbing the spotlight. metallica sucks. accept for master of puppets. other than that album, metallica sucks. period. goodnight.


don't forget drugs, it turned out they'd been lying all along - they were on drugs.

and while agree with most of what you say (i'm a huge Slayer fan, I even got to meet Tom Araya briefly after a show).......................... gwar? gwar is a joke that's gone waaaaaay too far. it literally stands for "god what awful racket," the band was a punk rock joke that ended up being far too successful. i'm not going to say gwar sucks because they're really more of a metal spoof act not intended to be taken seriously, and apparently their concerts are hilarious (though i've never gone).
2611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / comic shops and c...
Offline
Posted 7/23/07

azrael910 wrote:


dogwitch wrote:

METALLICA SUCKS. END OF STORY. listen to slayer. they are SOOOOOO much better as well as underated. even thier least successful albums are better than most metallica albums. u wanna know how much metallica sucks? they drank thier skills away. that's right. there was a reason why they were considering calling themselve Alcoholica at one point in time. they drank so much booze and lost so many brain cells that they actually forgot how to play the solo's to many of thier songs. dumb bastards. listen to slayer, pantera and even gwar. those bands are amongst some of the greatest metal bands in history and yet they are constantly being overlooked because metallica's mainstream ass is always robbing the spotlight. metallica sucks. accept for master of puppets. other than that album, metallica sucks. period. goodnight.


don't forget drugs, it turned out they'd been lying all along - they were on drugs.

and while agree with most of what you say (i'm a huge Slayer fan, I even got to meet Tom Araya briefly after a show).......................... gwar? gwar is a joke that's gone waaaaaay too far. it literally stands for "god what awful racket," the band was a punk rock joke that ended up being far too successful. i'm not going to say gwar sucks because they're really more of a metal spoof act not intended to be taken seriously, and apparently their concerts are hilarious (though i've never gone).


well in gwar's last 2 albums the band, even though they kept the act as well as the humor, they took thier music much more seriously. if u listen to the album War Party, which is like my favorite gwar record yet, and compare it to most of the albums they released before it u'll notice a vast change in music styles. and i honestly, HONESTLY believe that they actually do sound a helluvalot better than 'tallica.

oh and that must be awsome that u met tom araya.

and did i mention metallica sucks.
9458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / around and about =D
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Metallica...........Cliff Burton was the best......great great band...........
14372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
love that band too....^^
Posted 10/31/07
my fav song is master of puppets and seek and destroy...i listen to the about every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
108907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / strangereal
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Love them I and there songs like Ride The Lightning and Rising Force
...They were good until they got all drunk
I also love Slayers, one the of the best bands too.
6072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / the 650
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
enter sandman! i dont know why but i just love that song. and I Disappear also =)
5222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Watching the deim...
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
fade to black by metallica is the best!!!!!and kirk hemmet rockz!!
1056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Osaka, Japan
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
theyre meant to be a "classic" i think theyre good in their own right, but not my kind of brilliant
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.