First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Russians manipulating anti trump protesters
36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Eilat, Israel
Offline
Posted 11/4/17 , edited 11/5/17

jewishrapscallion wrote:


Shipwright wrote:

Anytime I hear something amounting to "it was the Russians," I assume someone is trying to sell me something sketchy.


Comrad I have high quality imported Russian Vodka for sale! It's only 10% windshield wiper fluid and is colored blue for purity.


zefur wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I got to do the long hard slog


Sounds like you could just sign up for an account and support the anime industry


Cato_Sicarius wrote:


Cellory wrote:

It does make me wonder though, how many posters here with extreme views, are in fact Russian or Chinese trolls. Or at least influenced by them. I mean, that is also one of the functions of China's 50 cent army.



or just reddit rejects


Or people from the Chans.


/pol/....

65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/17 , edited 11/5/17

jewishrapscallion wrote:

Tons of nation wide protests from Antifa. How many know they are being used by the Russians?


I saw the full-page ad featured on New York Times that would have costed over $100,000, yet today most major outlets are reporting that nothing is happening. I guess not enough people showed up?
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/17 , edited 11/5/17

redwine2 wrote:


jewishrapscallion wrote:

Tons of nation wide protests from Antifa. How many know they are being used by the Russians?


I saw the full-page ad featured on New York Times that would have costed over $100,000, yet today most major outlets are reporting that nothing is happening. I guess not enough people showed up?


I'm not even up to date on the happenings but from what I have heard the turn out was very small. They have tons of premade protest signs laying in piles unused.



I guess they weren't paid enough to be in these violent protests.
12864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17
Maybe if the Clinton Foundation had not stolen all that money out of the Democrat Party, they would have enough in the till to pay for a bigger rent mob.

Oh well, current year...
48765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

TheZaphod wrote:

Maybe if the Clinton Foundation had not stolen all that money out of the Democrat Party, they would have enough in the till to pay for a bigger rent mob.

Oh well, current year...


https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#397c4dc86b4a

I could find so many more instances but you wouldn't listen anyway. Fake news right?
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

rawratl wrote:


TheZaphod wrote:

Maybe if the Clinton Foundation had not stolen all that money out of the Democrat Party, they would have enough in the till to pay for a bigger rent mob.

Oh well, current year...


https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#397c4dc86b4a

I could find so many more instances but you wouldn't listen anyway. Fake news right?


The article says that as attendance to charities hosted at the Trump golf courses increased so did the cost of hosting it while trying to make it sound as if its an evil scheme.
48765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

jewishrapscallion wrote:


rawratl wrote:


TheZaphod wrote:

Maybe if the Clinton Foundation had not stolen all that money out of the Democrat Party, they would have enough in the till to pay for a bigger rent mob.

Oh well, current year...


https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#397c4dc86b4a

I could find so many more instances but you wouldn't listen anyway. Fake news right?


The article says that as attendance to charities hosted at the Trump golf courses increased so did the cost of hosting it while trying to make it sound as if its an evil scheme.



In reviewing filings from the Eric Trump Foundation and other charities, it's clear that the course wasn't free--that the Trump Organization received payments for its use, part of more than $1.2 million that has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization. Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.

Additionally, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has come under previous scrutiny for self-dealing and advancing the interests of its namesake rather than those of charity, apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization.

And while donors to the Eric Trump Foundation were told their money was going to help sick kids, more than $500,000 was re-donated to other charities, many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses.


This reading stuff must be hard for you, can't understand how else you could miss the point so badly.
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

rawratl wrote:


jewishrapscallion wrote:


rawratl wrote:


TheZaphod wrote:

Maybe if the Clinton Foundation had not stolen all that money out of the Democrat Party, they would have enough in the till to pay for a bigger rent mob.

Oh well, current year...


https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#397c4dc86b4a

I could find so many more instances but you wouldn't listen anyway. Fake news right?


The article says that as attendance to charities hosted at the Trump golf courses increased so did the cost of hosting it while trying to make it sound as if its an evil scheme.



In reviewing filings from the Eric Trump Foundation and other charities, it's clear that the course wasn't free--that the Trump Organization received payments for its use, part of more than $1.2 million that has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization. Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.

Additionally, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has come under previous scrutiny for self-dealing and advancing the interests of its namesake rather than those of charity, apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization.

And while donors to the Eric Trump Foundation were told their money was going to help sick kids, more than $500,000 was re-donated to other charities, many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses.


This reading stuff must be hard for you, can't understand how else you could miss the point so badly.


Paying for using a golf course is now "funneling money"? Nothing is free. Everything is paid for some way or another.

So what charities did that $500,000 go to? Fails to mention if he then donated to charities that did help sick kids. It seems to just attack him because he didn't donate to sick kids LLC.
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

jewishrapscallion wrote:

Paying for using a golf course is now "funneling money"? Nothing is free. Everything is paid for some way or another.

So what charities did that $500,000 go to? Fails to mention if he then donated to charities that did help sick kids. It seems to just attack him because he didn't donate to sick kids LLC.


It appears that you're knee-jerking reactions (responses) and failing to miss the point.
It is not the fact that they've paid for the golf course.

There is $1,200,000 that hasn't any known recipients outside of the Trump Organization.
$100,000 of that was funneled through the Eric Trump Foundation to become a profit to the Trump Organization.
$500,000 of that was re-donated to other charities that were associated with Trump family members.
Four of those groups were paid to hold tournaments at Trump locations (not for the charitable cause).

This is what the government tends to call "self-dealing".
Misuse of the position to ensure that the donators were misled/manipulated while still ensuring that the trustee or corporate assets were beneficial to the individual (corporate officer, in this case) or their company that focuses on profit.
The $500,000 went back into various trusts and organizations that were owned by Trump family members, without any known association to charities that focused on the benefit of children that are ill (terminally or otherwise).

Really, it isn't that big of a deal either way.
Yes, it happened.
Yes, it happens in most corporate dealings and most people is not aware of it.
No, this is not an impeachable offense.
No, Clinton is not the only one who plays the financial version of "the shell game".
Yes, Trump and his entire company do it too.

When it comes to being financially corrupt, President Trump and Hilary Clinton are two peas in the same pod.
The only difference was that Clinton attempted to manipulate the government first, by being the Secretary of State.
President Trump only jumped in when he realized that he could make being POTUS profitable.
Neither is innocent in this game, not by a long shot.
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

Cydoemus wrote:

It appears that you're knee-jerking reactions (responses) and failing to miss the point.
It is not the fact that they've paid for the golf course.

There is $1,200,000 that hasn't any known recipients outside of the Trump Organization.
$100,000 of that was funneled through the Eric Trump Foundation to become a profit to the Trump Organization.
$500,000 of that was re-donated to other charities that were associated with Trump family members.
Four of those groups were paid to hold tournaments at Trump locations (not for the charitable cause).


sources? i would like to read up on this
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17

dulun18 wrote:

sources? i would like to read up on this


The Forbes article was already linked but it doesn't go into some of the minute details.
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-funneled-kids-cancer-charity-money-businesses-621927
Newsweek would likely be slightly better, as it includes the $20,000 portrait of himself that President Trump purchased with his charity's funds.
Some of the allocations that are being thrown shade about are the increased amounts that then-executive Donald J. Trump charged his son's charity.
This would go back to jewishrapscallion's line of logic of "golf courses cost money to maintain", to a marginal degree.
According to sources (oh, how I tire of that phrasing), Donald J. Trump said that nobody is immune to being charged for playing on his courses - not even his son's charity (again, going back to jewishrapscallion's comment).
The problem stems from the fact that the Trump Organization has ties to the Eric Trump Foundation (due to his corporate status in the company).

It's a minor thing that many companies do, especially around charities and donations.
Why?
Because when they cycle money around like that, it's easy to make it into a deductible at tax time and yield more profit than what came from the charity itself.
Win-win for the business.
17020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/17 , edited 11/5/17
And both political parties try to sow dissent against the other and our country does the same to other countries and has been doing so for decades. This is noting new, nor is it any different that Russia is doing it than anyone else. If you lack critical thinking skills, then somebody is going to fool you, if not 'Russia' than somebody else. This makes me intensely yawn.
42579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
waffle
Offline
Posted 11/8/17 , edited 11/8/17
bish I am not reading that wall of text but it sounds like conspiracy nonsense and sounds dumb
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.