Post Reply Guest pass glitch
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/17 , edited 11/7/17
Recently I redeemed a guest pass for free from a comments section. It says it should be available for 48 hours but it's been more than that and it still says I'm a Premium member. I'm not complaining or anything, just pointing out a glitch.
120408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 11/7/17 , edited 11/7/17

MugiwaraShinobi wrote:

Recently I redeemed a guest pass for free from a comments section. It says it should be available for 48 hours but it's been more than that and it still says I'm a Premium member. I'm not complaining or anything, just pointing out a glitch.


That happens sometimes. Response from support in the past has been enjoy it while you've got it; it should expire within a few more days.

If it truly goes on for an extremely long time and you feel guilty about it, you could contact support directly using the /contact form, and ask them to reset your account to Normal.
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/17 , edited 11/7/17

lorreen wrote:


MugiwaraShinobi wrote:

Recently I redeemed a guest pass for free from a comments section. It says it should be available for 48 hours but it's been more than that and it still says I'm a Premium member. I'm not complaining or anything, just pointing out a glitch.


That happens sometimes. Response from support in the past has been enjoy it while you've got it; it should expire within a few more days.

If it truly goes on for an extremely long time and you feel guilty about it, you could contact support directly using the /contact form, and ask them to reset your account to Normal.

Ok then. If it doesn't expire within a week I'll contact support. Thanks.

7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/17 , edited 11/8/17
I just ran into the same thing. I had a 1 week trial, canceled subscription, and I still have benefits. I was worried since it says payment pending, but even if I tell it to cancel account again, it still says recurring payments set up. I've told it to cancel 4 times now. My card wasn't charged and says I don't have any payments processing so i'm not worried about that just wanted to make sure someone knew it was going down.
54265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/8/17 , edited 11/8/17

Finelle wrote:

I just ran into the same thing. I had a 1 week trial, canceled subscription, and I still have benefits. I was worried since it says payment pending, but even if I tell it to cancel account again, it still says recurring payments set up. I've told it to cancel 4 times now. My card wasn't charged and says I don't have any payments processing so i'm not worried about that just wanted to make sure someone knew it was going down.


Usually a 1 week trial comes from iTunes, not the CR site itself. The ones directly through here are 14 days. If you did sub through iTunes, you need to cancel through that: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

If you didn't use iTunes, I apologize for jumping to a conclusion...
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/9/17
It may have been 14 days and I don't remember. Just strange that I tell it to cancel my account, then when I check to make sure it went through it shows I'm still set up for recurring payments.
54265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/9/17

Finelle wrote:

It may have been 14 days and I don't remember. Just strange that I tell it to cancel my account, then when I check to make sure it went through it shows I'm still set up for recurring payments.


So you didn't sign up with Apple then?

Was it through Paypal? If so, check here and make sure to cancel pre-approved payments: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_manage-paylist

Otherwise, if you signed up through CR directly and entered/saved a credit card, and since you say it still says recurring, then something didn't work correctly, then you should put in a support request to stop that here: /contact
You must be logged in to post.