Post Reply Hack / Malware
7716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / UK, Chester
Offline
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/9/17
I did a search and couldn't find anything in the forums.

Did you find out how you were hacked Crunchyroll, or did you just rollback to a previous state?
It's pretty important that your safe, as I'm developer and the last thing I need is crap loaded on to my laptop.
26774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/9/17
https://blog.ellation.com/crunchyroll-com-update-a2a593cf9155


At 3:30am PST this morning, malicious individuals gained access and altered our Cloudflare configuration.


It wasn't really a hack but a redirection in cloudfare.
Der Zoodirektor
26824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/9/17

instinct46 wrote:

I did a search and couldn't find anything in the forums.

Did you find out how you were hacked Crunchyroll, or did you just rollback to a previous state?
It's pretty important that your safe, as I'm developer and the last thing I need is crap loaded on to my laptop.


Crunchyroll's infrastructure itself was not compromised. The malware was sent from a site "impersonating" to be Crunchyroll.
69225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/9/17

shinryou wrote:

Crunchyroll's infrastructure itself was not compromised. The malware was sent from a site "impersonating" to be Crunchyroll.


Why doesn't crunchy actually post in there own news section? not everyone knows to go look at the parent company site.


It also doesn't anwser the questions relating to VRV being pointed over to wordpress.
26774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/9/17

Pyromanci wrote:

Why doesn't crunchy actually post in there own news section? not everyone knows to go look at the parent company site.


It also doesn't answer the questions relating to VRV being pointed over to wordpress.


Not everyone reads the site news either. They could put it in site news + mass email everyone and still have people not know.

When this was reverent http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-983647/crunchyroll-not-affected-by-cloudflare-leak people where still making threads complaining about CR using Cloudflare also making threads of "why haven't we been told to change our passwords" etc.
So at a guess why they didn't post it in site news is why bother? Or they could just be waiting on more info from someone/thing.

In regards to VRV when was it same time? Before/after/now? Try sending them a message and see if they have any answers https://help.vrv.co/hc/en-us/requests/new or on one of there social channels. *shrugs*
69225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/9/17

penguincat wrote:

In regards to VRV when was it same time? Before/after/now? Try sending them a message and see if they have any answers https://help.vrv.co/hc/en-us/requests/new or on one of there social channels. *shrugs*


the VRV was going on at roughly right after the crunchy problems and i have asked in the support requests via the VRV contact us page.
http://prntscr.com/h8c0on

Asked why a crunchy roll specialist when it was vrv.co that was having the problems. though I have still yet to see a reply.

You must be logged in to post.