First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Sexual Assault Mega-thread (Hollywood, Politics, Philosophy, etc.)
runec 
39464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

zendude wrote:
I feel for the victims, both the ones that actually got hurt in sexual harassment and the ones that are falsely accused of such a serious crime. People forget that it does go both ways.


Please don't make a false equivalency out of this. False accusations aren't commonplace and they certainly aren't on the same scale as the decades of systemic abuse that's coming to light lately. We haven't even achieved a point where police uniformly take female victims seriously in cases of abuse and harassment to begin with.

As for due process, you're missing a big piece of the puzzle here: Depending on the state the statute of limitations has run out on many of these cases. So there is no legal recourse to a criminal charge for the victims in question. Even in Moore's case the statute at the time of his alleged crimes was a mere 3 years. That was later amendment under Alabama law and made retroactive. Removing the statue of limitations entirely but only in the case of a victim under 16 years of age.

As long as Moore kept his molesting to 16 and above there's no recourse. In the case of the 14 year old it would be too difficult to realistically prove in a criminal court now. Even if the entire town and even his coworkers did know he was a total creeper after underage girls.

22819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

dindin88 wrote:



So, are we just going to ignore how the yearbook presented by the accuser has half of the signature written in a different colored ink?



https://twitter.com/CNN/status/930205088299257859


that doesn't change the fact he was banned from the mall for creeping on teen girls
Kito97 
476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / Somewhere in your...
Online
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17
interesting thread...
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

uncletim wrote:

that doesn't change the fact he was banned from the mall for creeping on teen girls


So I guess that is a yes. What about how the accuser's stepson is going out of his way to tell everyone that she is lying? Are we just going to pretend that never happened, too?

Just trying to make sure I know the standards we're operating on here.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMO3V9a8kG8
22819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

dindin88 wrote:


uncletim wrote:

that doesn't change the fact he was banned from the mall for creeping on teen girls


So I guess that is a yes. What about how the accuser's stepson is going out of his way to tell everyone that she is lying? Are we just going to pretend that never happened, too?

Just trying to make sure I know the standards we're operating on here.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXWbGkTKbpc


again how does that change the fact rgat ge was banned from the mall for creeping on teen girls?
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

uncletim wrote:

again how does that change the fact rgat ge was banned from the mall for creeping on teen girls?


It doesn't. It's interesting how you beat around the bush. Can you tell me why the accusations are being treated as fact when half of the signature appears to be written in a different colored ink? It's clearly a forgery. Do you need a four year degree in typography to see the color difference?
22819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

dindin88 wrote:


uncletim wrote:

again how does that change the fact rgat ge was banned from the mall for creeping on teen girls?


It doesn't. It's interesting how you beat around the bush. Can you tell me why the accusations are being treated as fact when half of the signature appears to be written in a different colored ink? It's clearly a forgery. Do you need a four year degree in typography to see the color difference?


Took you this long to answer the question the banning establishes a history of sexual misconduct making the whole signature thing completely irrelevant.

You may trust him around your kids but I don't want him with in a 100 feet of mine
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

uncletim wrote:

Took you this long to answer the question the banning establishes a history of sexual misconduct making the whole signature thing completely irrelevant.

You may trust him around your kids but I don't want him with in a 100 feet of mine


Actually I answered your question the moment you asked it. 10 minutes after you asked the question. There wasn't even a single post in-between the question and the answer, so you're not making any sense at all. In fact you're blatantly making things up for no good reason whatsoever.

The signature thing is relevant as it is being presented as damning evidence for sexual misconduct. If the signature was a forgery, it puts the credibility of the accusations in question. The media is currently running with this narrative, so if they don't address it soon you should consider dropping it as they are willfully deceiving you and attempting to ruin a man's life for political gains. Quite simple actually.
48637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/roy-moore-cast-the-sole-vote-in-favor-of-a-man-who-raped-a-four-year-old/

Roy Moore doesn't believe raping a four year old is bad. In fact of 9 Alabama Supreme Court Justices he was the only one that felt that way. Helping out his fellow sexual predators? I mean Mary was a kid after all...Right?
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

rawratl wrote:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/roy-moore-cast-the-sole-vote-in-favor-of-a-man-who-raped-a-four-year-old/

Roy Moore doesn't believe raping a four year old is bad. In fact of 9 Alabama Supreme Court Justices he was the only one that felt that way. Helping out his fellow sexual predators? I mean Mary was a kid after all...Right?


When a liberal news outlet runs an article stating that this is the weakest reason to condemn a Republican, it probably is.



http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/11/it_s_wrong_to_attack_roy_moore_for_his_dissent_in_a_child_rape_case.html
25798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17
Conservative media has been ripping apart Roy Moore non-stop this week regarding his skirt chasing days, despite him being the conservative candidate.

If I see liberal media slams their own people similarly, we can at least rest easy that America is united in at least one way.
48637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17
48637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

Kavalion wrote:

Conservative media has been ripping apart Roy Moore non-stop this week regarding his skirt chasing days, despite him being the conservative candidate.

If I see liberal media slams their own people similarly, we can at least rest easy that America is united in at least one way.


I dont get the partisan part, but if you want to play that game you could say Democrats put these kind of people in jail (Anthony Weiner, and he only texted a girl). Conservatives would still elect Roy Moore and even worse; they defend him (See Dindin88 and many others)
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

rawratl wrote:

Did you actually read that? He just doesn't like it when people use judges previous decisions to attack them.

I guess it's true what they say.

http://www.newsweek.com/roy-moore-satan-christians-sexual-abuse-711686


Which is why your argument against Roy Moore was weak to begin with.

It's a plain hit-job. A nasty one that hugely crosses the lines. It's disgusting to label somebody a child-rapist simply to win an upcoming election, and even worse to see that no liberals are sticking up for this man in light of new evidence that the signature was forged. Instead they run articles like the one you just linked to distract from all of this.

The fact that the opposing candidate hasn't spoken out tells me everything I need to know.
1671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

rawratl wrote:


I dont get the partisan part, but if you want to play that game you could say Democrats put these kind of people in jail (Anthony Weiner, and he only texted a girl). Conservatives would still elect Roy Moore and even worse; they defend him (See Dindin88 and many others)


Game? Are you trying to say that it's bad that Kavalion observed common ground between two parties? Are you just that opposed to folks of different political leanings generally agreeing on anything? I'm confused, because it seems like you're offended that he thinks they can get along. I hope you misunderstood, or something.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.