First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Sexual Assault Mega-thread (Hollywood, Politics, Philosophy, etc.)
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

uncletim wrote:

well how about proof he is who he says he is

Oh and as far as trying to use my own words against me try harder


He has a Facebook account that dates back to years prior to this election, but that's probably not enough to convince you and it's not all that important. The guy may indeed be a Russian operative, or a troll seeking 15-minutes of fame by defaming an alleged rape victim, so that's fair enough. I guess we'll have to wait for CNN to verify his identity in order to decide whether his testimony amounts to anything in the case that he's the real deal.
22825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

dindin88 wrote:


uncletim wrote:

well how about proof he is who he says he is

Oh and as far as trying to use my own words against me try harder


He has a Facebook account that dates back to years prior to this election, but that's probably not enough to convince you and it's not all that important. The guy may indeed be a Russian operative, or a troll seeking 15-minutes of fame by defaming an alleged rape victim, so that's fair enough. I guess we'll have to wait for CNN to verify his identity in order to decide whether his testimony amounts to anything in the case that he's the real deal.


why wait because everything posted on youtube is 100% true and thoroughly fact checked right?
15784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17
We do realize that there are five people accusing Moore, not one, right? Like, I agree, this last one is the least reputable. But there are four more completely independent of this latest one. Some of those accounts are backed by numerous individuals and it checks out with unaffiliated individuals with an association to the area saying "Yeah, Moore was a creep" (to paraphrase). Then you take into account Moore's statements on the matter (even admitting to recognize some of the names) and you have a pattern of behavior corroborating the more bold claims.

While its obviously not concrete, it is pretty damning. The latest accuser might be bull, but that doesn't say anything about all the others.
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

uncletim wrote:

why wait because everything posted on youtube is 100% true and thoroughly fact checked right?


I was thinking that the stepson's testimony could be useful in showing how the accuser has managed her social life, and the types of opinions people have gathered about her. It's really not important what the son said about the accuser. What's more important is that he decided it was necessary to go out of his way to upload a video about her, in the case that he is indeed her stepson.
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

dhgshdgds wrote:

Pedo Biden does this shit in public, imagine what he does behind closed doors.







The secret service had to stop Biden from sexually assulting women and the military had to as well

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/exclusive-former-joe-biden-secret-service-agent-protect-women-weinstein-level-stuff/

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the agent asserted that, “We had to cancel the VP Christmas get together at the Vice President’s house because Biden would grope all of our wives and girlfriend’s asses.” The annual party was for agents and Navy personnel who were tasked with protecting the Biden family.

“He would mess with every single woman or teen. It was horrible,” the agent said.

runec 
39468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/15/17

Kavalion wrote:
I don't see conservatives in the real world defending him.


Even the GOP leadership is backing away from him. Which really says something. The problem is you still have Alabama evangelicals and fuckpops like Hannity backing him.



dindin88 wrote:
What's more important is that he decided it was necessary to go out of his way to upload a video about her, in the case that he is indeed her stepson.


Given that the "stepson's" only testimony is "I'm a huge Roy Moore supporter so I don't believe her" it doesn't count for much. He gives no evidence or reasoning beyond that. I likewise see the Gateway Pundit is involved in pushing the story.




Biden's a creeper but the Gateway Pundit has absolutely zero credibility. They're not just hyper partisan they're actively incompetent. Their only source for a story smearing one of Roy Moore's accusers right now is a Twitter account that stole the identity of a dead Navy Seal.

There's a reason the founder of the Gateway Pundit was officially declared the Dumbest Man On The Internet. >.>

There's also a reason the Gateway Pundit is always the #1 or #2 site pushed by Russian trolls on Twitter week after week.



124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17

sundin13 wrote:

We do realize that there are five people accusing Moore, not one, right? Like, I agree, this last one is the least reputable. But there are four more completely independent of this latest one. Some of those accounts are backed by numerous individuals and it checks out with unaffiliated individuals with an association to the area saying "Yeah, Moore was a creep" (to paraphrase). Then you take into account Moore's statements on the matter (even admitting to recognize some of the names) and you have a pattern of behavior corroborating the more bold claims.

While its obviously not concrete, it is pretty damning. The latest accuser might be bull, but that doesn't say anything about all the others.


If one of the five accusers attempted to forge evidence, the credibility of the remaining accusations will inevitably face scrutiny. If she was paid by somebody to make a false accusation, it's possible that the other accusers were as well, considering the timing that these allegations were made. Moreover, some of those accusations don't show any wrongdoing whatsoever. Dating an 18-year old is not illegal, and it certainly does not make someone a pedophile.

Hearsay about Roy Moore being "creepy" isn't evidence of anything. In a political climate where it is politically correct to speak negatively of conservative Republicans, you have an unlimited supply of people who are willing to testify for "creepiness". This shouldn't even have to be said.

Meanwhile, the damage has already been done. Liberal media outlets have ran hundreds of articles over the past week bashing Moore over unproven accusations, completely ignoring any contradictions in order to tarnish his reputation. There is no accountability in the case that it is all false. If the fact that the opposition hasn't spoken out against this obvious hit job doesn't concern you, then you should reflect on why.


runec wrote:

Given that the "stepson's" only testimony is "I'm a huge Roy Moore supporter so I don't believe her" it doesn't count for much. He gives no evidence or reasoning beyond that. I likewise see the Gateway Pundit is involved in pushing the story.


It's just another case of how actions speak louder than words. He doesn't have to put forward a strong argument as that's not his role; the fact that he went out of his way to upload a video was a testament to the accuser's character.
15784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17

dindin88 wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

We do realize that there are five people accusing Moore, not one, right? Like, I agree, this last one is the least reputable. But there are four more completely independent of this latest one. Some of those accounts are backed by numerous individuals and it checks out with unaffiliated individuals with an association to the area saying "Yeah, Moore was a creep" (to paraphrase). Then you take into account Moore's statements on the matter (even admitting to recognize some of the names) and you have a pattern of behavior corroborating the more bold claims.

While its obviously not concrete, it is pretty damning. The latest accuser might be bull, but that doesn't say anything about all the others.


If one of the five accusers attempted to forge evidence, the credibility of the remaining accusations will inevitably face scrutiny. If she was paid by somebody to make a false accusation, it's possible that the other accusers were as well, considering the timing that these allegations were made. Moreover, some of those accusations don't show any wrongdoing whatsoever. Dating an 18-year old is not illegal, and it certainly does not make someone a pedophile.

Hearsay about Roy Moore being "creepy" isn't evidence of anything. In a political climate where it is politically correct to speak negatively of conservative Republicans, you have an unlimited supply of people who are willing to testify for "creepiness". This shouldn't even have to be said.

Meanwhile, the damage has already been done. Liberal media outlets have ran hundreds of articles over the past week bashing Moore over unproven accusations, completely ignoring any contradictions in order to tarnish his reputation. There is no accountability in the case that it is all false. If the fact that the opposition hasn't spoken out against this obvious hit job doesn't concern you, then you should reflect on why.


I would somewhat agree that if one of the people in the original story had been proven to have lied, it would call the others into question, however this individual is in no way associated with the original story so there is no reason to link them together. This one story being false (which is not necessarily the case) does not alter any likelihoods in relation to the old case.

And while certain actions aren't illegal in and of themselves, (first of all it is still skeevy, but ignoring that..) those allegations are tied together and they are corroborated with independent testimony (which go far beyond "he was kinda creepy" to "yeah, he prowled on teens" and "he was banned from a mall" (it takes a little more than "creepy" to get banned from a mall)) which creates a pattern of behavior: Moore frequently going after young girls. Even if it is technically legal, a 30'something-year-old guy going after teens is still sexually predatory behavior.
runec 
39468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17
2 more allegations have come forward against Moore bringing the total to 7:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/new_roy_moore_accuser_he_didnt.html





dindin88 wrote:
If one of the five accusers attempted to forge evidence, the credibility of the remaining accusations will inevitably face scrutiny. If she was paid by somebody to make a false accusation, it's possible that the other accusers were as well, considering the timing that these allegations were made. Moreover, some of those accusations don't show any wrongdoing whatsoever. Dating an 18-year old is not illegal, and it certainly does not make someone a pedophile.


The accusation that she was paid was the one I was referring to where Gateway Pundit got suckered by a fake twitter account that stole the identity of a dead Navy Seal. The Pundit has no credibility whatsoever and routinely falls for shit like that.

So right now you have 7 accusers as well former co-workers and even a mall all saying Moore went around trying to pick up young girls. That it was common knowledge no less. Conversely, your argument against this is a dubious Facebook video, a conspiracy tweet and a discredited claim she was paid. Which was put forth by a Twitter troll.

Moore is a few steps past a conservative Republican. He's a religious extremist.




dindin88 wrote:
Meanwhile, the damage has already been done. Liberal media outlets have ran hundreds of articles over the past week bashing Moore over unproven accusations, completely ignoring any contradictions in order to tarnish his reputation. There is no accountability in the case that it is all false. If the fact that the opposition hasn't spoken out against this obvious hit job doesn't concern you, then you should reflect on why


You've presented no credible evidence that there are any contradictions. Your chief argument is 1 out of 7 accusers ( nevermind the coworkers, the mall, etc ) is lying because of different coloured ink. You're likewise using sources like the Gateway Pundit which has a long, proud history of incompetence and hyper partisanship.




dindin88 wrote:
It's just another case of how actions speak louder than words. He doesn't have to put forward a strong argument as that's not his role; the fact that he went out of his way to upload a video was a testament to the accuser's character.


Actually, yes, he does. If actions speak louder than words than the accuser in question who was willing to face a media circus and is willing to testify under oath is speaking much MUCH louder in terms of action than some rando uploading a facebook video.


321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17

runec wrote:


Kavalion wrote:
I don't see conservatives in the real world defending him.


Even the GOP leadership is backing away from him. Which really says something. The problem is you still have Alabama evangelicals and fuckpops like Hannity backing him.



dindin88 wrote:
What's more important is that he decided it was necessary to go out of his way to upload a video about her, in the case that he is indeed her stepson.


Given that the "stepson's" only testimony is "I'm a huge Roy Moore supporter so I don't believe her" it doesn't count for much. He gives no evidence or reasoning beyond that. I likewise see the Gateway Pundit is involved in pushing the story.




Biden's a creeper but the Gateway Pundit has absolutely zero credibility. They're not just hyper partisan they're actively incompetent. Their only source for a story smearing one of Roy Moore's accusers right now is a Twitter account that stole the identity of a dead Navy Seal.

There's a reason the founder of the Gateway Pundit was officially declared the Dumbest Man On The Internet. >.>

There's also a reason the Gateway Pundit is always the #1 or #2 site pushed by Russian trolls on Twitter week after week.





How do you even know if a "troll" is Russian or not on twitter? Do you work at Twitter and can view their IP addresses?
19955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17

jewishrapscallion wrote:


dhgshdgds wrote:

Pedo Biden does this shit in public, imagine what he does behind closed doors.







The secret service had to stop Biden from sexually assulting women and the military had to as well

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/exclusive-former-joe-biden-secret-service-agent-protect-women-weinstein-level-stuff/

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the agent asserted that, “We had to cancel the VP Christmas get together at the Vice President’s house because Biden would grope all of our wives and girlfriend’s asses.” The annual party was for agents and Navy personnel who were tasked with protecting the Biden family.

“He would mess with every single woman or teen. It was horrible,” the agent said.



Not surprising.

Pedo Biden is bottom of the barrel.

22825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17

Oh look whataboutism at it's finest
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17

sundin13 wrote:

I would somewhat agree that if one of the people in the original story had been proven to have lied, it would call the others into question, however this individual is in no way associated with the original story so there is no reason to link them together. This one story being false (which is not necessarily the case) does not alter any likelihoods in relation to the old case.

And while certain actions aren't illegal in and of themselves, (first of all it is still skeevy, but ignoring that..) those allegations are tied together and they are corroborated with independent testimony (which go far beyond "he was kinda creepy" to "yeah, he prowled on teens" and "he was banned from a mall" (it takes a little more than "creepy" to get banned from a mall)) which creates a pattern of behavior: Moore frequently going after young girls. Even if it is technically legal, a 30'something-year-old guy going after teens is still sexually predatory behavior.


The order of the accusers isn't really relevant as to why they all deserve scrutiny. The forgery was simply a huge red flag and a reminder that people are willing to lie to get what they want, and that all accusations need to be handled with caution, which is opposite to what's currently happening. It's simply too convenient to have a group of accusers smear the Republican candidate right before the election. There are hundreds of people who personally benefit from this, and the visually damning signature forgery is an opportunity to remind the public that the accuser isn't always the only victim.


runec wrote:

The accusation that she was paid was the one I was referring to where Gateway Pundit got suckered by a fake twitter account that stole the identity of a dead Navy Seal. The Pundit has no credibility whatsoever and routinely falls for shit like that.

So right now you have 7 accusers as well former co-workers and even a mall all saying Moore went around trying to pick up young girls. That it was common knowledge no less. Conversely, your argument against this is a dubious Facebook video, a conspiracy tweet and a discredited claim she was paid. Which was put forth by a Twitter troll.

Moore is a few steps past a conservative Republican. He's a religious extremist.


I'm actually not sure what you're talking about, and I'm definitely not basing my suspicion off some Twitter post. It's a fairly simple proposition as to why she may have gone out of her way to forge evidence against a US Senate candidate right before an election. I believe that it's a reasonable enough assumption to make. Additionally, the fact that she's literally reading off a script makes her incredibly unconvincing.

https://youtu.be/gifW8cKOQ9w


You've presented no credible evidence that there are any contradictions. Your chief argument is 1 out of 7 accusers ( nevermind the coworkers, the mall, etc ) is lying because of different coloured ink. You're likewise using sources like the Gateway Pundit which has a long, proud history of incompetence and hyper partisanship.


It would be a waste of time for me to go through each case individually and address all the contradictions of other accusations (which there are), when you don't even acknowledge that a different colored ink found in the signature would be perceived as "credible evidence" pointing to a possible forgery for this particular case. I never even sourced the Gateway Pundit, so you're literally shoving words in my mouth. Do you have a better theory as to why the ink might have changed, one that negates any need for further scrutiny?


Actually, yes, he does. If actions speak louder than words than the accuser in question who was willing to face a media circus and is willing to testify under oath is speaking much MUCH louder in terms of action than some rando uploading a facebook video.


This is a weak counter-argument. Obviously there is much more to gain in aiding a leftist smear campaign as opposed to publicly calling out your stepmother as a liar. A "media-circus" would be a dishonest word choice when the media is creaming for more accusers.



A picture is worth a thousand words. That guy's expression says a lot about Joe Biden's character. Photographic evidence such as this would be much more compelling for the Moore accusations against his demeanor.
15784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17

dindin88 wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

I would somewhat agree that if one of the people in the original story had been proven to have lied, it would call the others into question, however this individual is in no way associated with the original story so there is no reason to link them together. This one story being false (which is not necessarily the case) does not alter any likelihoods in relation to the old case.

And while certain actions aren't illegal in and of themselves, (first of all it is still skeevy, but ignoring that..) those allegations are tied together and they are corroborated with independent testimony (which go far beyond "he was kinda creepy" to "yeah, he prowled on teens" and "he was banned from a mall" (it takes a little more than "creepy" to get banned from a mall)) which creates a pattern of behavior: Moore frequently going after young girls. Even if it is technically legal, a 30'something-year-old guy going after teens is still sexually predatory behavior.


The order of the accusers isn't really relevant as to why they all deserve scrutiny. The forgery was simply a huge red flag and a reminder that people are willing to lie to get what they want, and that all accusations need to be handled with caution, which is opposite to what's currently happening. It's simply too convenient to have a group of accusers smear the Republican candidate right before the election. There are hundreds of people who personally benefit from this, and the visually damning signature forgery is an opportunity to remind the public that the accuser isn't always the only victim.


Again, while false accusations are possible, the one being (potentially) false has no bearing on the others. They should be considered independently, and independently the original accusations are about as believable as you can get with something of this nature.

Also, the idea of "they will never believe you" is what gives these sexual predators so much power in the first place. If these accusations are true, the way you are behaving and the way you are dismissing these accusations is exactly how an abuser wants people to act and it is why they often feel untouchable.

I think it is a tough situation for bystanders and there are obvious dangers, but I don't think automatically disbelieving all accusers is the best way to handle things. Let me ask you this, other than a smoking gun which basically never exists for a case such as this, what would make you believe the accusers?
21205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / SoFlo
Online
Posted 11/15/17 , edited 11/16/17
Moore called a high school asking a student out on a date.

Now he tweeted out to Mitch McConnell

"Bring. It. On."

You can't make this shit up.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.