First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Apple's Diversity Chief says whites can be diverse too
20125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/20/17

evenstar95 wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

i dont really care what your race or genitals are, i don't care about any of that
all i care is that you're not an asshole POS personalty wise?
why can't everyone think like that? why can't everyone abandon foregone, outdated identity politics?


Because institutional racism still exists. Ethnic minorities and women are statistically more disadvantaged than their white counterparts.

Why do people think they're bringing something new to the table when they say they don't see colour lol. It's the adult equivalent of ignoring a problem by covering your ears and shouting lalala


I call bullshit! Where is that true? because I have Muslim boss, I work along side Black, Mexicans, and Asian sure their is more white people than them but America is what around 70% white? so having a business where 70% of the people are white is not racist but logical.. are white people not aloud to work as well?

Identity politics needs to go away, it pollutes the head and makes you see buggy men where their is non.

Yes their still some racist people out their but the fact is they are the minority and hardy if at all have any affect on you or any of your friends. If you leave them be they will die out. Its wen you put them in the spot light that they gain power.
28846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17
It's all about upbringing and experience. Historical prejudices still infects everything in America.
1337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17

MysticGon wrote:

It's all about upbringing and experience. Historical prejudices still infects everything in America.


Indeed.
The vast majority of those I know that are intern/coworkers (aged 20-28) that have made highly racist comments in the workplace in the last 4 years have stated that their parents taught them the "truth".
It isn't hard to notice, as genuine hate is noticeable a mile away.
It just feels like those who develop prejudices from their parents haven't really "earned" their hatred towards whatever they're prejudiced against (gender, race, nationality, political party, etc).
None of these groups ever caused direct harm to the individual but their parents (and their parents' parents, etc, etc) taught them that whatever prejudice they have is warranted and "logical".
4708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17
instead of Native Americans or blacks, it seems like whites have become the bullies of other races for being white. but when one person starts up a divide sooner or later it sinks in. dunno who we'll be racist towards once we're bored of being racist towards whites and there's another civil rights when whites march and demand freedoms like blacks and natives were forced to. we shall see...
666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

I call bullshit! Where is that true? because I have Muslim boss


Mistake #1. Islam isn't a race. We're talking about ethnic minorities here.


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

their is more white people than them but America is what around 70% white? so having a business where 70% of the people are white is not racist but logical.. are white people not aloud to work as well?


Mistake #2. A misunderstanding of how percentages work. The country may be 70% white but that differs from one city to the next. if you've got a 70% white workforce in an area that's 50% black 20% white 30% whatever else is in America then it's not representative. Doesn't mean the employers are racist no, but there's work to be done.


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Yes their still some racist people out their but the fact is they are the minority and hardy if at all have any affect on you or any of your friends. If you leave them be they will die out. Its wen you put them in the spot light that they gain power.


Mistake #3. "My personal experience is different from other people's so I'm right and they're wrong!" This one is especially amusing when it comes from a white person talking about racial discrimination.
20117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/20/17

jewishrapscallion wrote:

An Apple diversity chief got fired because she said whites are as diverse as anyone else. Apple commented that is not how they see it. Can you say racism apple? Have you noticed this type of racism starting to happen more and more lately? Somehow whites are being made out to be some undiverse blob that cannot have diversity.





Apple’s diversity chief is stepping down after only six months on the job — after causing an outcry by saying that being a minority or a woman are not the only criteria for diversity, according to reports.

Denise Young Smith, who was named vice president of diversity and inclusion in May, made controversial comments last month during a One Young World Summit in Bogotá, Colombia.

“There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blond men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation,” the inaugural diversity chief said.

“Diversity is the human experience,” she said, according to Quartz. “I get a little bit frustrated when diversity or the term diversity is tagged to the people of color, or the women, or the LGBT.”


Her comments appeared to defend Apple’s overwhelmingly white and male leadership at a time when the company’s makeup is markedly uneven.

The 20-year Apple veteran, who previously served as the company’s head of worldwide human resources, later apologized for her remarks, telling the staff that they “were not representative of how I think about diversity or how Apple sees it.”

“For that, I’m sorry,” she said in an email. “More importantly, I want to assure you Apple’s view and our dedication to diversity has not changed.”

Smith will leave the company at the end of the year, TechCrunch reported. Taking over as VP of inclusion and diversity will be Christie Smith, who spent 17 years as a principal at Deloitte.

“We deeply believe that diversity drives innovation,” an Apple spokesman told TechCrunch in a statement. “We’re thrilled to welcome an accomplished leader like Christie Smith to help us continue the progress we’ve made toward a more diverse workplace.”


How would this guy fit in apple's racial quota?

"Ja Du, a transgender white person from New Orleans, also claims to be transracial and identifies as Filipino."



http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/17/white-person-claims-to-be-transracial-identifies-as-filipino.html
321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/20/17

evenstar95 wrote:



Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

their is more white people than them but America is what around 70% white? so having a business where 70% of the people are white is not racist but logical.. are white people not aloud to work as well?


Mistake #2. A misunderstanding of how percentages work. The country may be 70% white but that differs from one city to the next. if you've got a 70% white workforce in an area that's 50% black 20% white 30% whatever else is in America then it's not representative. Doesn't mean the employers are racist no, but there's work to be done.


In this case they are a company that would attract people across the nation so it would be more relevant to look at the makeup of highly skilled IT professionals willing to move to their location.
33028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17
This stuff again? *sigh*
Everyone is equal and if you don't feel equal fight for it, just don't unbalance things or you put the other race in the same position you were once in. If that's done all will be hunkie dorie and everyone can sing kumbaya. Things are tuff everywhere nowadays everything you do be it good or otherwise has the potential to create negative effects in the years ahead so be carful and play things smart so everyone benefits equally.

Also don't condemn people for exspressing their beliefs be it positive or otherwise (UNLESS it is truly 100% racism that is affecting people's lives in a inhibiting factor. As far as I'm concerned this woman had nothing to apologize for because what she said did none of that) . That's oppressing their right to freedom of speech, you want to live in a truly equal nation then you are gonna have to live with the toxic side till it dies out on its own because oppressing it will only make more of it. You can hate them but forcing your ideals won't work. Instead teach each generation to be more tolerant of others. Hopefully that will work better if not... well I guess everyone will keep yelling at each other till the problem magically solves itself.
7411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/20/17
Firing a double minority(non-white, and female) for saying white people can be diverse.... because she isn't promoting diversity even ethnically. If that isn't irony I don't know what is.
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Valhalla
Offline
Posted 11/20/17 , edited 11/20/17
14459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / AH / Helipad
Offline
Posted 11/20/17 , edited 11/20/17


Haha I was just thinking about that video too. I was like "hmm what video should I send back in reply" when I went to click on your link and there was the first one that came to mind
35304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 11/20/17 , edited 11/20/17

MysticGon wrote:

It's all about upbringing and experience. Historical prejudices still infects everything in America.

I guess that is pretty true if you actively choose to see things that way.
6638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/17 , edited 11/20/17

DevinKuska wrote:

Firing a double minority(non-white, and female) for saying white people can be diverse.... because she isn't promoting diversity even ethnically. If that isn't irony I don't know what is.


its basically a burn the heretic hang the witch mentality it seems with the people who are part of the so called diversity (or whatever) religion because can't have someone saying smart stuff that goes against the teachings of their religion
923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/17 , edited 11/20/17

dragonlord1234 wrote:


DevinKuska wrote:

Firing a double minority(non-white, and female) for saying white people can be diverse.... because she isn't promoting diversity even ethnically. If that isn't irony I don't know what is.


its basically a burn the heretic hang the witch mentality it seems with the people who are part of the so called diversity (or whatever) religion


She wasn't fired from the company. The original article that the OP pulled his content from doesn't say that, and the Techcrunch article that was the basis of the original article says she was already in talks to leave the company before her comment.
3831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/17 , edited 11/20/17
include the source link as well at least------so we know where you copy and paste from
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.