First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Russia Banned from 2018 Olympics
Posted 12/6/17
Meh. figures.
390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Jacksonville FL, USA
Online
Posted 12/6/17
Aww, no US vs. Russia hockey... Damnit man I waited 4 whole years for it and it ain't happening.
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/6/17
Wow someone actually got banned for letting their athletes do drugs. We need more of this to stop any cheating. Ban countries and the countries will drug test their own people to make sure they are off drugs.


LakeJucas wrote:

It’s so funny how insanely hardcore the Russians went to cheat at the Olympics, yet Americans think they weren’t involved with meddling in the election.


8512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / a pop tart
Offline
Posted 12/6/17
Poor Russian people, this must suck.
qwueri 
22896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/6/17

Rujikin wrote:



519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/6/17 , edited 12/6/17


Cute comic. Wrong. But cute.

Regardless of your spin, usually American Presidents (like President Obama) are not afraid to sanction Russia, especially for an organized attack on our elections.

I wonder why Trump is such a coward.

Sorry about your denial
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/6/17

LakeJucas wrote:



Cute comic. Wrong. But cute.

Regardless of your spin, usually American Presidents (like President Obama) are not afraid to sanction Russia, especially for an organized attack on our elections.

I wonder why Trump is such a coward.

Sorry about your denial


Ah you mean "I'll have more flexibility after my election" Obama https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fyuae0Z9_hA
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/6/17


I don't respond to lazy video posts. Type what you want to say, I'm not doing your homework for you.
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/6/17

LakeJucas wrote:



I don't respond to lazy video posts. Type what you want to say, I'm not doing your homework for you.


I did. Lrn2rd.
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/6/17

Rujikin wrote:


LakeJucas wrote:



I don't respond to lazy video posts. Type what you want to say, I'm not doing your homework for you.


I did. Lrn2rd.


I see some vague quote that I have no context on and a Youtube video. You are essentially telling me that you don't even think the post is worth typing out, but you are going to respond anyway because it's all you have.

That sucks, bro.
378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Gladstone, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/7/17
Don't Athletes undergo drug testing in order to compete in the Olympics? if so, how is cheating undetected even possible? as for those caught doping, they should just simply be dealt with by lifelong ban and fine against the company the athlete works for. A country wide ban shouldn't be necessary imo.
qwueri 
22896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/7/17

Jecht67 wrote:

Don't Athletes undergo drug testing in order to compete in the Olympics? if so, how is cheating undetected even possible? as for those caught doping, they should just simply be dealt with by lifelong ban and fine against the company the athlete works for. A country wide ban shouldn't be necessary imo.


Because Russia was found to have a state-sponsored doping program that included cheating those drug tests and intimidating outside officials trying to investigate allegations.
2200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/7/17

LakeJucas wrote:

I see some vague quote that I have no context on and a Youtube video. You are essentially telling me that you don't even think the post is worth typing out, but you are going to respond anyway because it's all you have.

That sucks, bro.


Not watching the video, but I remember what he's talking about. During a meeting with Putin, Obama got caught saying something to Putin while not realizing his mic was still hot. Iirc, Russia was trying to make some deal with the US at the time (something about missile defense systems Iirc) and Obama was caught saying he'd have more flexibility to do stuff after getting reelected. A lot of people thought the deal was dodgy and were worried this meant he was going to accept it, while the GOP used it to tout him as being a Russian shill. Anyways, nothing came of it; he got re-elected, turned down the missile deal, and never did anything that indicated he was a Russian sympathizer, so people largely forgot about it.

tl;dr: it's a nothingburger.
1309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/7/17
It is rather interesting as to how the IOC is allowing athletes from Russia to compete, just under a generic Olympic banner ("Athlete FROM Russia" not a "Russian Team/Athlete").
It will be up to Russia to determine how to manage the repercussions of their actions.
They could easily just give the middle finger and send in hired athletes that they know would cream the competition regardless, even if it isn't in the "name of Russia".
On the other hand, they could just demand that their entire country boycotts the Olympics, causing a significant decrease of revenue.
Both would be quite an interesting response.
2200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/7/17 , edited 12/7/17

Cydoemus wrote:

It is rather interesting as to how the IOC is allowing athletes from Russia to compete, just under a generic Olympic banner ("Athlete FROM Russia" not a "Russian Team/Athlete").


I think the idea was that they wanted to punish the state itself for their doping program, but still wanted to leave a loophole for Russian athletes who REALLY want to compete, as long as they complied with the drug testing and all that.


It will be up to Russia to determine how to manage the repercussions of their actions.
They could easily just give the middle finger and send in hired athletes that they know would cream the competition regardless, even if it isn't in the "name of Russia".
On the other hand, they could just demand that their entire country boycotts the Olympics, causing a significant decrease of revenue.
Both would be quite an interesting response.


I think it will depend primarily on who their response is aimed at; other nations or their own citizens. If they want to send a message to the world, they'll probably do the former; send in people anyways and do their upmost to win regardless. But if they focus on trying to spin it domestically, they'll probably just say that the Olympics committee is full of western stooges and boycott.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.