First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply New Catalog Titles: Sengoku BASARA - End of Judgement, Rosario + Vampire, Blessing of the Campanella, Tenchi Muyo! OVA S
73 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/14/17
I wish the Daily Life of High School Boys was available here in Australia. Oh well, not exactly surprised, we don't get many catalog titles here in Australia, as the USA and Canada seems to be Crunchyroll focus.

Saying all of that, is Heat Guy J any good? And what about THE [email protected] CINDERELLA GIRLS? I actually wanted to give it a shot to [email protected] for a while, so thanks Crunchyroll.
36847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/14/17
and more stuff to add to my growing backlog.
nDroae 
10741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

JusticeArrows wrote:

I wish the Daily Life of High School Boys was available here in Australia. Oh well, not exactly surprised, we don't get many catalog titles here in Australia, as the USA and Canada seems to be Crunchyroll focus.

Saying all of that, is Heat Guy J any good? And what about THE [email protected] CINDERELLA GIRLS? I actually wanted to give it a shot to [email protected] for a while, so thanks Crunchyroll.


Well, CR *wants* to serve as many territories as possible and they always go for that goal with seasonal simulcasts, but the problem with catalog titles is that the streaming rights are being sublicensed via other companies, in Daily Lives of High School Boys' case NIS America, which I'd guess only has licenses for the USA and Canada. In some cases CR has been able to work with licensee companies outside the US to get rights for their regions, but it can be difficult to make a deal because profits wear thin when they're split with an extra middleman in a market considerably smaller than the USA (I mainly mean sections of Europe, but I guess the same goes for Australia). Licensing in Australia seems sparse in general, too, as though a lot of shows may have never been licensed by the Japanese publisher to any company for that region.

The Cinderella Girls anime is virtually unanimously regarded as being inferior to the original [email protected] by a wide margin, so I'd recommend starting with the 2011 show if you can.
4182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/14/17
hehe sengoku basrara, is funny as my anime list keeps thinking thats what I'm looking for when I search for sengoku night blood heh.
73 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/14/17

nDroae wrote:


JusticeArrows wrote:

I wish the Daily Life of High School Boys was available here in Australia. Oh well, not exactly surprised, we don't get many catalog titles here in Australia, as the USA and Canada seems to be Crunchyroll focus.

Saying all of that, is Heat Guy J any good? And what about THE [email protected] CINDERELLA GIRLS? I actually wanted to give it a shot to [email protected] for a while, so thanks Crunchyroll.


Well, CR *wants* to serve as many territories as possible and they always go for that goal with seasonal simulcasts, but the problem with catalog titles is that the streaming rights are being sublicensed via other companies, in Daily Lives of High School Boys' case NIS America, which I'd guess only has licenses for the USA and Canada. In some cases CR has been able to work with licensee companies outside the US to get rights for their regions, but it can be difficult to make a deal because profits wear thin when they're split with an extra middleman in a market considerably smaller than the USA (I mainly mean sections of Europe, but I guess the same goes for Australia). Licensing in Australia seems sparse in general, too, as though a lot of shows may have never been licensed by the Japanese publisher to any company for that region.

The Cinderella Girls anime is virtually unanimously regarded as being inferior to the original [email protected] by a wide margin, so I'd recommend starting with the 2011 show if you can.


I kind of understand all of that. To be honest, part of all of my complaints is because I am a whinger and part of it is due my of frustration to the lack of catalog titles here in Australia. It helps that we have AnimeLab, which does have older shows (e.g Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, etc), but obviously they don't have everything. Anyways, sorry if it sounds like I complain too much. Sometimes I just get frustrated when CR can't get some catalog titles to Australia, but I understand why it happens. It's life, I suppose.

I see. Thanks for the recommendation! I will give it a shot. Also, sorry for the ignorant question, but is it similar to Love Live!?
45308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/14/17
Is it just me? I don't see any videos for Garo: Crimson Moon.
20466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / Virginia
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/14/17

AniMatsuri wrote:

Is it just me? I don't see any videos for Garo: Crimson Moon.


They still aren't up for me either
45308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/14/17
Looks like took longer than expected to get the videos up for Garo: Crimson Moon. I see them now.
17003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/14/17
Ive seen a few anime called GARO kicking about on Funi - are they all one series? (is this season 1 basically?)
55236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/14/17

Skode24 wrote:

Ive seen a few anime called GARO kicking about on Funi - are they all one series? (is this season 1 basically?)


They are sort of related, but completely different stories. Crimson Moon is season 2, but that doesn't really matter, it's just the armor and terminology that ties them together at all.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/14/17
Jormungand was great. Glad Crunchyroll got that
nDroae 
10741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/14/17
Wow, Rosario + Vampire and Campanella were two more shows I was planning to watch when I resub to Funi (which I still will regardless, for a couple of dubs and other catalog titles like Hyouka and Shimoneta).


JusticeArrows wrote:Anyways, sorry if it sounds like I complain too much.


Not at all I just like to try to help explain why things are the way they are, although I don't know much myself....

Yeah, [email protected] and Love Live are generally considered to be the two best modern idol girl shows. Confession though, I haven't watched either yet. I'm just reporting from reviews, threads, and conversations I've had with fans of idol shows (some of whom say the best is actually Aikatsu).
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/15/17

JusticeArrows wrote:

I wish the Daily Life of High School Boys was available here in Australia. Oh well, not exactly surprised, we don't get many catalog titles here in Australia, as the USA and Canada seems to be Crunchyroll focus.


One of the problems is Australian/NZ distributors saying no. Hanabee Entertainment has the rights to it https://hanabee.com.au/products/daily-lives-of-high-school-boys-dvd Though judging by the $9.99 clearance price tag it's likely gone forever now. But overall they don't really like sharing/streaming their titles.
Few on Netflix and on Animelab rest are home video only. CR can't exactly override how they operate.
Hanabee did have it's own streaming service but closed it without notice and no announcement regarding why since. Currently the site just has a still image of a loading bar that says "Now loading". In a attempt to trick people I guess because they are nice like that...

If you are unaware Australia/NZ also has access to Hidive.com as well as Funimation.com for anime titles not found on here.

--------

Blessing of the Campanella is a interesting thing. Funimation has it on it's streaming service as well as Youtube channel available for Australia/NZ but not on here. So anyone from Australia/NZ disappointed with it not being on here just look on those choices before going down the pirate path.
18302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/15/17

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki is launching today at 7pm PT for members in the United States, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.


Man they are the weirdest regions ever, Ireland but not the UK? What happened there?
2421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Night-o-sphere
Offline
Posted 12/14/17 , edited 12/15/17
YES CRIMSON MOON
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.