First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Bill would prohibit bulletproof glass at Philadelphia stores
Posted 12/8/17
Paranoia-mongering thread.
runec 
37211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:
That's the problem; you almost certainly assume that it's "trolling and dublicity," or something. It doesn't have to be. Besides, a "lack of critical thinking" implies that it's not intentional, which is fairly counter-intuitive to earlier suppositions of it all being bait. Not that any of that takes away from the soap opera going on. Anyway; I'm criticizing you all, including Ruji. I've watched you guys go at it for some time now (I "ghost" too much). Ruji isn't the only one guilty of spamming threads and starting shit. Plus, not many of us bother to make our own threads, even prior to the forum move. You see a bunch of Ruji threads, because he's one of the few consistent ones right now.



Please point to a current Ruji thread that is not bait and/or duplicity. This is essentially what he does till he inevitably gets banned again. A lack of critical thinking or trolling are essentially the only two options on the table. If it's not trolling and we are suppose to take it seriously, then it's a lack of critical thinking. However, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have no idea what you're talking about and be trying to get a rise out of people at the same time.

You see a bunch of Ruji threads because he starts a storm of them whenever he gets unbanned. While yes, not many of those discussing politics bother to make our own threads that kind of takes the wind out of your original argument about us going around into each other's threads. We have one major thread that covers the bulk of everything and the mods tend to like us to keep it there to keep the forum tidy.

If you've been lurking for 2 years watching all this you should be intimately familiar with Ruji's routine by now.
22698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:

Regarding the actual forum topic:

I've already used this word tonight, but I'm going to say it again; "subterfuge." Chicanery is clearly being employed, and I'm less than amused with the prospect. I have questions for both sides, mostly to whoever is/are behind the bill, and I really can't trust anyone unless I can properly pinpoint their motives. "Shenanigans are afoot, ya hear?"



On to the side-commentary:

You've been doing this for, what, 2+ years now? You guys waltz into each others' threads with the intention of ragging on each other, and drag personal grievances into most anything. Armed to the teeth with preconceptions, y'all seem to jump at shadows half the time. At this point, I'm fairly certain that most of your issues lie with the differences in what all grabs your attention the most when you find out about something, which greatly influences how forum topics are presented (writing style, really). When it's something like that, there's no "right" side, and no resolution. I want to lock you guys in a bar together and make you play drinking games. Whoever passes out first wins.


I can agree that their goal probably isn't what they are directly doing but we can only really go based on what they say or are doing.

Pretty good summary of what is going on. A lot of "discussion" on here is thinly veiled personal attacks and grudges with one another which is why I don't bother with major discussions much anymore.


runec wrote:


Cardamom_Ginger wrote:
On to the side-commentary:

You've been doing this for, what, 2+ years now? You guys waltz into each others' threads with the intention of ragging on each other, and drag personal grievances into most anything. Armed to the teeth with preconceptions, y'all seem to jump at shadows half the time. At this point, I'm fairly certain that most of your issues lie with the differences in what all grabs your attention the most when you find out about something, which greatly influences how forum topics are presented (writing style, really). When it's something like that, there's no "right" side, and no resolution. I want to lock you guys in a bar together and make you play drinking games. Whoever passes out first wins.


Counterpoint: None of us start as many threads as Ruji does let alone the sheer amount of obvious bait / shitpost threads he does.

A lack of critical thinking is not merely a difference in what grabs attention. Nor is trolling and duplicity a writing style.


I think he was pretty on point can you really disagree with what he said? You think literally everything I do is bait or a shitpost so your opinion is pretty skewed.
12115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/8/17 , edited 12/8/17

Rujikin wrote:


runec wrote:


Cardamom_Ginger wrote:
On to the side-commentary:

You've been doing this for, what, 2+ years now? You guys waltz into each others' threads with the intention of ragging on each other, and drag personal grievances into most anything. Armed to the teeth with preconceptions, y'all seem to jump at shadows half the time. At this point, I'm fairly certain that most of your issues lie with the differences in what all grabs your attention the most when you find out about something, which greatly influences how forum topics are presented (writing style, really). When it's something like that, there's no "right" side, and no resolution. I want to lock you guys in a bar together and make you play drinking games. Whoever passes out first wins.


Counterpoint: None of us start as many threads as Ruji does let alone the sheer amount of obvious bait / shitpost threads he does.

A lack of critical thinking is not merely a difference in what grabs attention. Nor is trolling and duplicity a writing style.


I think he was pretty on point can you really disagree with what he said? You think literally everything I do is bait or a shitpost so your opinion is pretty skewed.


Well gee, when you put it that way it's almost like you make several threads at a time that blatantly misrepresent what's actually happening to push your agenda or something
Banned
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

Rujikin wrote:

I think he was pretty on point can you really disagree with what he said? You think literally everything I do is bait or a shitpost so your opinion is pretty skewed.


Remember when you cited an article you can't even read?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1007683/eritrean-migrants-crashed-party-shot-the-host-after-calling-him-a-racist-then-was-let-go-because-he-didnt-know-a-gun

It's objectively not our fault you aren't taken seriously. It's your own fault. I don't know why you feel like a victim when you go out of your way to cause this problem.
22698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/8/17 , edited 12/8/17

LakeJucas wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

I think he was pretty on point can you really disagree with what he said? You think literally everything I do is bait or a shitpost so your opinion is pretty skewed.


Remember when you cited an article you can't even read?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1007683/eritrean-migrants-crashed-party-shot-the-host-after-calling-him-a-racist-then-was-let-go-because-he-didnt-know-a-gun

It's objectively not our fault you aren't taken seriously. It's your own fault. I don't know why you feel like a victim when you go out of your way to cause this problem.


What do you mean can't read it? Google translate that shit. Were not stuck in ancient times when languages completely separated each other.
12115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

Rujikin wrote:


LakeJucas wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

I think he was pretty on point can you really disagree with what he said? You think literally everything I do is bait or a shitpost so your opinion is pretty skewed.


Remember when you cited an article you can't even read?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1007683/eritrean-migrants-crashed-party-shot-the-host-after-calling-him-a-racist-then-was-let-go-because-he-didnt-know-a-gun

It's objectively not our fault you aren't taken seriously. It's your own fault. I don't know why you feel like a victim when you go out of your way to cause this problem.


What do you mean can't read it? Google translate that shit. Were not stuck in ancient times when languages completely separated each other.


So what you're saying is that there is no reason for you to, as so many people in that thread pointed out, completely misrepresent the events being reported then?

Glad we can all agree on that.
1298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/8/17 , edited 12/8/17

runec wrote:

Please point to a current Ruji thread that is not bait and/or duplicity. This is essentially what he does till he inevitably gets banned again. A lack of critical thinking or trolling are essentially the only two options on the table. If it's not trolling and we are suppose to take it seriously, then it's a lack of critical thinking. However, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have no idea what you're talking about and be trying to get a rise out of people at the same time.

You see a bunch of Ruji threads because he starts a storm of them whenever he gets unbanned. While yes, not many of those discussing politics bother to make our own threads that kind of takes the wind out of your original argument about us going around into each other's threads. We have one major thread that covers the bulk of everything and the mods tend to like us to keep it there to keep the forum tidy.

If you've been lurking for 2 years watching all this you should be intimately familiar with Ruji's routine by now.


It's fine and dandy that Ruji gets banned a lot and makes threads when he's unbanned. It's all well and good that the scant few threads makes your thread choices limited; however, how on earth does that diminish from the fact that it's almost guaranteed that you guys drop into each others threads (usually Ruji's these days) and, instead of remaining on topic, you play vigilante and host personal attacks. You know, it's striking that both posts you made to me solely revolve around Ruji and him "getting what he deserves," and you dismissing roughly half of what I'm saying. All I'm getting from this is that you're hooked on placing Ruji into the role of a villain, and that you absolutely refuse to acknowledge your own role in the age-old drama. If you think that I believe Ruji some innocent victim, that'd certainly explain it; however, I hold you all accountable. It's pretty clear that the overarching point of me not being impressed with seeing the same damned song and dance over and over again is being missed. If y'all are going to carry on this melodrama for years, someone will eventually call it out.

I'm not especially interested in bleeding stones; just calling it as I see it. It's not something you can just debunk on a whim, so there really isn't much point for your methods in trying to "win" our discussion. Not much point in dragging this out any longer, either.
Banned
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

Rujikin wrote:


LakeJucas wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

I think he was pretty on point can you really disagree with what he said? You think literally everything I do is bait or a shitpost so your opinion is pretty skewed.


Remember when you cited an article you can't even read?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1007683/eritrean-migrants-crashed-party-shot-the-host-after-calling-him-a-racist-then-was-let-go-because-he-didnt-know-a-gun

It's objectively not our fault you aren't taken seriously. It's your own fault. I don't know why you feel like a victim when you go out of your way to cause this problem.


What do you mean can't read it? Google translate that shit. Were not stuck in ancient times when languages completely separated each other.




Banned
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:

All I'm getting from this is that you're hooked on placing Ruji into the role of a villain, and that you absolutely refuse to acknowledge your own role in the age-old drama. If you think that I believe Ruji some innocent victim, that'd certainly explain it; however, I hold you all accountable.


To be frank, you are standing on the sidelines playing a moral-concern circular logic argument.

It's really not too complicated to see that people are engaging Ruji directly because of his posts. Trying to attribute people's responses as partially responsible for that makes no sense.
1298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/8/17 , edited 12/8/17

LakeJucas wrote:

To be frank, you are standing on the sidelines playing a moral-concern circular logic argument.

It's really not too complicated to see that people are engaging Ruji directly because of his posts. Trying to attribute people's responses as partially responsible for that makes no sense.


I'm not all that interested in that particular approach. Given that they essentially feed off of each other and exchange roles from time to time, such as Ruji starting personal arguments in Octo's threads, I've come to consider their relationships to be an ouroboros. Now, with runec having demonstrated a want to wrestle the discussion into solely being about Ruji, I am more than willing to snip at the implications resulted. More or less, I'm sick of who's fault is who's, and prefer to slap them all on the wrist for resulting in the locking of numerous threads and getting each other banned, among other things.
runec 
37211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/17 , edited 12/8/17

Rujikin wrote:
I think he was pretty on point can you really disagree with what he said? You think literally everything I do is bait or a shitpost so your opinion is pretty skewed.


I would refer you to your first reply to me when I provided the background information missing from the story. Or your replies to sundin in the etrian thread. Or your replies to me and Cydo in the burned out thread. Are you saying this is you legitimately trying to discuss topics? With backhanded comments and political baiting? 9 times out of 10 the threads you start are missing key information in the interest of salacious bait titles. Nevermind that you've been on a tear recently in trying to instigate things with other forum members. More so than usual.

Are you actually going to say this is just how you normally discuss things? Because that means this behaviour is unintentional and that makes it quite a bit more troubling.

We didn't reach this point in a vacuum. It's not like none one has tried to engage you in serious discussion. Some of us still do despite the predictable way you'll respond. If you ever want to actually, seriously discuss something just say so. Some of us will take you up on it.

In the meantime, however, you're not being repeatedly banned because lorreen has some sort of personal grudge against you. You're being repeatedly banned because of your behaviour.




Cardamom_Ginger wrote:
It's fine and dandy that Ruji gets banned a lot and makes threads when he's unbanned. It's all well and good that the scant few threads makes your thread choices limited; however, how on earth does that diminish from the fact that it's almost guaranteed that you guys drop into each others threads (usually Ruji's these days) and, instead of remaining on topic, you play vigilante and host personal attacks. You know, it's striking that both posts you made to me solely revolve around Ruji and him "getting what he deserves," and you dismissing roughly half of what I'm saying. All I'm getting from this is that you're hooked on placing Ruji into the role of a villain, and that you absolutely refuse to acknowledge your own role in the age-old drama. If you think that I believe Ruji some innocent victim, that'd certainly explain it; however, I hold you all accountable. It's pretty clear that the overarching point of me not being impressed with seeing the same damned song and dance over and over again is being missed. If y'all are going to carry on this melodrama for years, someone will eventually call it out.


My first post was on topic. More on topic than the OP itself. Ruji responded with the usual and away the thread went. That is the typical pattern. So yes, what I am dismissing is your argument that all sides are at equal fault in these matters or that anyone responding to the thread is as hell bent on dumpster firing it as the op himself is. I made no further posts in the thread until you replied to me and began this argument. You're the trigger for the behaviour you're trying to characterize me as having.

I am not being a vigilante nor am I playing host to personal attacks. You came to me with an argument that was essentially a blanket condemnation that you justified by claiming to be an impartial outside observer. Obviously, if I disagree with that viewpoint, I am going to tell you why. You can't damn me for responding to your argument by talking about Ruji's threads when the topic is quite literally Ruji's threads. You're adding things to a list of grievances you yourself essentially asked for in the first place.

You can be as unimpressed as you like. It's not like the rest of us are thrilled with the situation either. But don't expect to walk into the middle of it, try to stake out the moral high ground and blame everyone else. Then be surprised when people disagree with your condemnations. Especially when your assessment of the situation doesn't indicate you have a clear grasp of it despite your appeal to how long you've been watching the situation.

But you are correct. There is not much point in dragging this out. We both have our opinions on the situation and we have both stated them. Neither of us appears to be changing their stance any time soon so.


Edit:


Cardamom_Ginger wrote:
Now, with runec having demonstrated a want to wrestle the discussion into solely being about Ruji, I am more than willing to snip at the implications resulted. More or less, I'm sick of who's fault is who's, and prefer to slap them all on the wrist for resulting in the locking of numerous threads and getting each other banned, among other things.


Obviously the topic is going to be about Ruji. You brought this up in a Ruji thread using Ruji's thread as the example.

And for the record I have been banned all of 1 time in 4 years here. So you may be barking up the wrong tree by engaging me specifically with this. -.-



22698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:


runec wrote:

Please point to a current Ruji thread that is not bait and/or duplicity. This is essentially what he does till he inevitably gets banned again. A lack of critical thinking or trolling are essentially the only two options on the table. If it's not trolling and we are suppose to take it seriously, then it's a lack of critical thinking. However, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have no idea what you're talking about and be trying to get a rise out of people at the same time.

You see a bunch of Ruji threads because he starts a storm of them whenever he gets unbanned. While yes, not many of those discussing politics bother to make our own threads that kind of takes the wind out of your original argument about us going around into each other's threads. We have one major thread that covers the bulk of everything and the mods tend to like us to keep it there to keep the forum tidy.

If you've been lurking for 2 years watching all this you should be intimately familiar with Ruji's routine by now.


It's fine and dandy that Ruji gets banned a lot and makes threads when he's unbanned. It's all well and good that the scant few threads makes your thread choices limited; however, how on earth does that diminish from the fact that it's almost guaranteed that you guys drop into each others threads (usually Ruji's these days) and, instead of remaining on topic, you play vigilante and host personal attacks. You know, it's striking that both posts you made to me solely revolve around Ruji and him "getting what he deserves," and you dismissing roughly half of what I'm saying. All I'm getting from this is that you're hooked on placing Ruji into the role of a villain, and that you absolutely refuse to acknowledge your own role in the age-old drama. If you think that I believe Ruji some innocent victim, that'd certainly explain it; however, I hold you all accountable. It's pretty clear that the overarching point of me not being impressed with seeing the same damned song and dance over and over again is being missed. If y'all are going to carry on this melodrama for years, someone will eventually call it out.

I'm not especially interested in bleeding stones; just calling it as I see it. It's not something you can just debunk on a whim, so there really isn't much point for your methods in trying to "win" our discussion. Not much point in dragging this out any longer, either.


Any time I engage in any serious discussions or casually chat I get banned. My last ban was because I made a joke about inbreeding being a dumb idea. A few bans ago I posted some FBI statistics that turned out to be hate facts. I cannot post topics that are just a new report as they get locked due to not "encouraging discussion" so I have to take some stance on it to encourage discussion. Really I would like to just report news and allow discussion to happen naturally but its Verbotten for some reason.

A lot of these people are trying to "win" discussions no matter who they discuss with. We can't have an intellectual discussion because people are too focused on trying to win and if you post certain things then you get banned. Really the mods have encouraged a pretty passive aggressive environment and seem happy to keep it that way, <BAN INCOMING>.

Your not the only person to have seen this and called it out so be warned. They managed to bait 2 others that complained about this same thing into saying some micro-aggressions then reported them and banned them. One of them got mad afterwards and then they baited them into another ban till they got stuck in a ban cycle and left.
runec 
37211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/17 , edited 12/8/17

Rujikin wrote:
Any time I engage in any serious discussions or casually chat I get banned. My last ban was because I made a joke about inbreeding being a dumb idea. A few bans ago I posted some FBI statistics that turned out to be hate facts. I cannot post topics that are just a new report as they get locked due to not "encouraging discussion" so I have to take some stance on it to encourage discussion. Really I would like to just report news and allow discussion to happen naturally but its Verbotten for some reason.


Every forum I've been on has the "don't just post a link/story" rule as otherwise you could end up with a url feed instead of a forum. That's going to get a topic locked regardless. I can't speak to the other two as I have no point of reference to judge what you're claiming you were banned for.

I was specifically banned for a personal insult in a particularly ugly dumpster fire and I accept that. I don't remember the particulars and the thread and posts were nuked though. I think pretty much everyone involved in it got banned. I do recall being irritated with it because I'd been baited into it by GD's patented Extreme Trolling(tm) though. So I imagine it involved Amys, or you, or a few other names I don't remember exactly as many have nuked and likely moved to alts.

The forum bans here are pretty much toothless when it comes to actually stopping any kind of determined toxic behaviour.



Rujikin wrote:
A lot of these people are trying to "win" discussions no matter who they discuss with. We can't have an intellectual discussion because people are too focused on trying to win and if you post certain things then you get banned. Really the mods have encouraged a pretty passive aggressive environment and seem happy to keep it that way, <BAN INCOMING>.

Your not the only person to have seen this and called it out so be warned. They managed to bait 2 others that complained about this same thing into saying some micro-aggressions then reported them and banned them. One of them got mad afterwards and then they baited them into another ban till they got stuck in a ban cycle and left.


I could say the first part straight back at you. The second part, I'd have to know your definition of "certain things" to be able to judge.

As for calling out all the shit and the ban baiting. That's not unique. I've done it as well. As has octo. I think the trolling / ban baiting cycle it's pretty much the reason octo gave up all pretense of giving a shit.
22698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

runec wrote:
I would refer you to your first reply to me when I provided the background information missing from the story. Or your replies to sundin in the etrian thread. Or your replies to me and Cydo in the burned out thread. Are you saying this is you legitimately trying to discuss topics? With backhanded comments and political baiting? 9 times out of 10 the threads you start are missing key information in the interest of salacious bait titles. Nevermind that you've been on a tear recently in trying to instigate things with other forum members. More so than usual.


A valid discussion about what a gun is and if saying "someone got shot" implied they died? Yup you believe everything I say is bait and a troll so why bother convincing you otherwise.

I will admit the Burned out thread was for fun and lulz. We got on a discussion topic about the_donald's subscriber growth continuing to increase after he became president. That wasn't about ANYTHING. There was literally no point to it being discussed but for some reason you guys want to "win" an argument about it. I'm still laughing that became a discussion topic. It was like discussing what color blue the sky is or how many stripes a tiger has on average.



My first post was on topic. More on topic than the OP itself. Ruji responded with the usual and away the thread went. That is the typical pattern. So yes, what I am dismissing is your argument that all sides are at equal fault in these matters or that anyone responding to the thread is as hell bent on dumpster firing it as the op himself is. I made no further posts in the thread until you replied to me and began this argument. You're the trigger for the behaviour you're trying to characterize me as having.


Completely unaware... Cardamom_Ginger unless you want to get dragged into a 4-5 page discussion where nothing happens you should probably just stop here and let him "win".
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.