First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Bill would prohibit bulletproof glass at Philadelphia stores
23046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/8/17

runec wrote:
I was specifically banned for a personal insult in a particularly ugly dumpster fire and I accept that. I don't remember the particulars and the thread and posts were nuked though. I think pretty much everyone involved in it got banned. I do recall being irritated with it because I'd been baited into it by GD's patented Extreme Trolling(tm) though.


Oh I remember the one your talking about. It was that safe space topic where everyone said it was a stupid idea and half the forum got banned because we all said it was a moronic idea. I posted an image saying "the point of college is to step outside of your safe space and experience scary new ideas" and got banned for that Haha. Stupid ban but worth it as it was right on topic.
runec 
39028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/17 , edited 12/8/17

Rujikin wrote:
A valid discussion about what a gun is and if saying "someone got shot" implied they died? Yup you believe everything I say is bait and a troll so why bother convincing you otherwise.


When you say someone pulled out a gun and shot someone than yes, the general implication is it was a real, actual firearm. However, you pulled that entire story from what seems to be a dubious alt right Swedish news site that's not particularly coherent through Google translate. It's hard to discuss a topic when you don't even have the full story to work with. When you make hypothetical arguments on the back of that it's going to fail.

Your first reply to sundin in that thread included a backhanded personal remark: "I'm surprised you don't agree considering how you seem to be for gun control.". You continued with such remarks with each reply to him while he tried to keep elaborating on his original point. So yes, it looks like you're needling people even when you claim to be discussing something seriously.




Rujikin wrote:I will admit the Burned out thread was for fun and lulz. We got on a discussion topic about the_donald's subscriber growth continuing to increase after he became president. That wasn't about ANYTHING. There was literally no point to it being discussed but for some reason you guys want to "win" an argument about it. I'm still laughing that became a discussion topic. It was like discussing what color blue the sky is or how many stripes a tiger has on average.


When you make a claim on factual, analyzable data it's pretty much the easiest thing to verify. As it's not a matter of opinion. So that was more like trying to explain how 4+4 is 8 to someone repeatedly insisting it's 7. When you do that, you irk people yes. Trying to "win" wasn't the big goal.

For instance, my impression on that whole affair was you made an erroneous claim that could be analyzed. Then afterwards, you kept shuffling around numbers and insisting a different result for the troll lawlz. Not because you actually believed what you were saying.



Rujikin wrote:
Completely unaware... Cardamom_Ginger unless you want to get dragged into a 4-5 page discussion where nothing happens you should probably just stop here and let him "win".


I am as free to state my opinion as Carda is in the first place and you would be extremely hard pressed to find anyone on the planet who isn't going to respond when you walk up to them with an opinion about them. Especially if that opinion seems mistaken or negative. As I am sure you are full well aware or we would not be having this discussion at the moment.



Rujikin wrote:
Oh I remember the one your talking about. It was that safe space topic where everyone said it was a stupid idea and half the forum got banned because we all said it was a moronic idea. I posted an image saying "the point of college is to step outside of your safe space and experience scary new ideas" and got banned for that Haha. Stupid ban but worth it as it was right on topic.


Was that the one? I just remember the circular shit storm of it driving me up the wall. I know it was a thread from a few months ago but I'm drawing a blank beyond that. I don't have any particularly strong opinions on safe spaces one way or the other so there must have been something specific in the flurry of it all that was irking me. Or maybe it was just the flurry itself.

And for the record, if that is actually what you got banned for then no, you should not have been banned.



First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.