Post Reply offline viewing
1072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / San Juan Capistra...
Offline
Posted 12/8/17 , edited 12/9/17
I am just got an email that said that I can viewing Crunchyroll offline with the App. Does anyone know this actually work?
23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/9/17
I'm curious too...
Guest Pass Litter Moderator
120630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/9/17

AngryhippyXer wrote:

I am just got an email that said that I can viewing Crunchyroll offline with the App. Does anyone know this actually work?


I'm unsubscribed from CR email so I can't speak to this exactly, but I know that VRV (which is from CR's parent company and which does have a Crunchyroll channel) recently added a download for offline viewing feature to its iOS (requires OS version 10 and up) and Android apps (not sure exactly what's required). Was the message related to that?

I was thinking that the feature might also come to the Crunchyroll apps so it would be interesting if that were in fact what the message you received was about.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / In the corner wat...
Offline
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/9/17
I didn't get any email as of yet, so I'm curious about this.
14329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/9/17
most likely this:


an exclusive perk for VRV Premium members

edit: by the by, VRV Premium is $9.99 / month, or $119.88 / year.
it makes sense that you'd get more from a VRV premium sub over CR regular premium: you're literally paying twice the price.
it's possible they'll eventually offer an offline mode for CR premium plus users though.
Guest Pass Litter Moderator
120630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/9/17

namealreadytaken wrote:

an exclusive perk for VRV Premium members

edit: by the by, VRV Premium is $9.99 / month, or $119.88 / year.
it makes sense that you'd get more from a VRV premium sub over CR regular premium: you're literally paying twice the price.
it's possible they'll eventually offer an offline mode for CR premium plus users though.


Just to clarify, the $9.99 per month plan is for the combo pack (access to all the VRV channels, not just Crunchyroll). You can also purchase premium for individual channels -- these prices range from $2.49 to $6.95 per month each depending on the channel.

Also, if you are comparing on a month at a time basis, $9.99 is not "literally twice the price" of Crunchyroll (which is $6.95 a month).

Finally, if you just want Crunchyroll you can continue paying for premium subscription on Crunchyroll directly and link your account to VRV which gives you a Premium Membership to the Crunchyroll channel on VRV, so you don't have to pay any extra.

So, this is actually a pretty good option for USA members. (VRV isn't currently available outside of the US)
14329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/9/17

lorreen wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

an exclusive perk for VRV Premium members

edit: by the by, VRV Premium is $9.99 / month, or $119.88 / year.
it makes sense that you'd get more from a VRV premium sub over CR regular premium: you're literally paying twice the price.
it's possible they'll eventually offer an offline mode for CR premium plus users though.


Just to clarify, the $9.99 per month plan is for the combo pack (access to all the VRV channels, not just Crunchyroll). You can also purchase premium for individual channels -- these prices range from $2.49 to $6.95 per month each depending on the channel.

Also, if you are comparing on a month at a time basis, $9.99 is not "literally twice the price" of Crunchyroll (which is $6.95 a month).

Finally, if you just want Crunchyroll you can continue paying for premium subscription on Crunchyroll directly and link your account to VRV which gives you a Premium Membership to the Crunchyroll channel on VRV, so you don't have to pay any extra.

So, this is actually a pretty good option for USA members. (VRV isn't currently available outside of the US)


i was obviously comparing the $119.88 / year from VRV vs the yearly $60 from CR (a significantly better deal than paying monthly). interesting that you can pick and choose the channels separately though. my guess is that the offline functionality is only for those who buy the package, but a VRV staff member would need to clarify this.

edit:


Crunchyroll users can link their account through VRV to get access to offline viewing for Crunchyroll shows on VRV.
...
Depending on licensing rights, not all titles are available for offline viewing at this time, but we are working to add even more.

https://help.vrv.co/hc/en-us/articles/115005426086-Get-offline-viewing-with-the-VRV-app-on-iOS-and-Android-
You must be logged in to post.