First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply I was in a psych ward for a week, AMA
49777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/10/17
Sorry to hear about it. I hope that you're okay and everything.
Guest Pass Litter Moderator
120974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/10/17

Potentsaliva wrote:

OMG Lorreen are you assuming Ocale's gender???


Yes. I feel like I have reason to, but I can't exactly remember, so I could be wrong.
Vahvi 
8557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 /❓/ ⚤ / Nearby
Offline
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/9/17

lorreen wrote:


Potentsaliva wrote:

OMG Lorreen are you assuming Ocale's gender???


Yes. I feel like I have reason to, but I can't exactly remember, so I could be wrong.


Same, vaguely remember their gender mentioned or implied.

edit: Wait, is it actually pronounced Oh-Cahli
25116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Cuddly Corner
Offline
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/10/17
I hope you're okay.
31527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 12/9/17 , edited 12/10/17
hope your doing ok Ocale
9408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / MtF / PA
Offline
Posted 12/10/17 , edited 12/10/17

Balzack wrote:

Why were you in a psych ward for a week?


I was at work and I was freaking out. I've always had suicidal thoughts but I began forming a plan, where I was going to leave work at lunch time and get some rope, etc. I had a spark of sense though and went to my supervisor and told them that I'm just not doing alright mentally. I tried to get him to send me home but he was smart and called an ambulance instead. Then they put me in a blank room with just a bed for a long time and once I calmed down I told a psychiatrist how I have been feeling and he had me put in there.


Potentsaliva wrote:

What did you get out of it? Did it help? Did they treat you like a human?


They got me on some meds and set up some appointments for further help. Also diagnosed me with Major Depressive Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder. The psychiatrist also told me to see a third party to look into where I am on the autism spectrum because she believes I'm on it.

They treated me like a mentally ill human that couldn't be trusted with anything. But I mean, I couldn't. I wanted to hurt myself really bad and being there made it pretty much impossible without getting caught.

It helped in the sense that I got medicated and got some appointments set and the fact that I stayed safe during my days of crisis. If someone already was medicated and was already seeing therapists and a psychiatrist, I don't think going there would help much unless they just need to stay safe for a bit.


wrote:

Did it help?


See above


bbbbbbbbbb wrote:

Why are other people answering the questions?

Here is mine (that no one but the creator of the thread can answer); what did you get to eat?


Typical hospital food. It was mostly bad. I got to pick what I ate so it was mostly baby food like peanut butter and jelly. I eat like a child.


blackzabdi wrote:

Was it hot?


Yes it was actually very warm all the time.


Shipwright wrote:

Did you have to go to awkward group activities?


Yes. It was mostly only made awkward when people would just keep talking nonsensically out of turn and for too long and barely on topic. The group sessions were more like very small lectures, and the group leader person was actually very good at their job. Some of it was genuinely useful.


Axerilis wrote:

I hope you're okay.



Ryulightorb wrote:

hope your doing ok Ocale



qualeshia3 wrote:

Sorry to hear about it. I hope that you're okay and everything.


Thank you. I'm doing good now. My S/O is here with me for a month and it is helping a lot. My appointment early next month will be hard but it will start helping me with some of my deeply rooted issues, as it's a place that specialises in the exact issues I have.
19616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Idaho
Offline
Posted 12/10/17 , edited 12/11/17

Yes. It was mostly only made awkward when people would just keep talking nonsensically out of turn and for too long and barely on topic. The group sessions were more like very small lectures, and the group leader person was actually very good at their job. Some of it was genuinely useful.


What was being taught during these lectures?
9408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / MtF / PA
Offline
Posted 12/10/17 , edited 12/11/17

Zavinus wrote:

What was being taught during these lectures?


Cognitive behavioural therapy and things of that nature. Just being aware of things like triggers and general self care things. Realising that the extreme self hatred is unhealthy and irrational and how to deal with it in the moment. Dealing with moments of crisis and all that good stuff.
13649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Perth, Western Au...
Offline
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/11/17

Ocale wrote:

I went to a general hospital's psychiatric floor from Friday night to the next Friday's afternoon. It was interesting and if anyone has ever wondered what it is like in case they have ever thought that they might need to go to one, you can ask me about my experience to have a better understanding of what it is you'll get out of it.


lol, I feel like most people are literally taking the piss out of this thread...

I have been in a psychiatric ward for over 8 weeks before, sometimes 6~ weeks... I reckon if you wanna have some accurate loving conversation perhaps this is the exact place, because if you haven't seen already people are making a joke of it already... which is actually pretty lit *sarcasm*

not sure what you're going through atm girly, a few things to *gently whisper in your ear*


DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE


you're going to die anyway, let nature take its course, don't be a pussy lil bitch & live out your life! >:D

seek help if you need, but don't come on the internet like you are the superior human being when you wanted to quit LOL

LOVE YOURSELF!

don't hate yourself :)
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/11/17


Ocale is a real boy. I thought someone would catch on by now. I'm doubting the observation skills of this community now.
2056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/12/17

ExiAHesP wrote:

lol, I feel like most people are literally taking the piss out of this thread...

I have been in a psychiatric ward for over 8 weeks before, sometimes 6~ weeks... I reckon if you wanna have some accurate loving conversation perhaps this is the exact place, because if you haven't seen already people are making a joke of it already... which is actually pretty lit *sarcasm*

I think it was really only the one guy who was being a dick. Everybody else seems pretty sincere in their concern and curiosity.

I know what you mean though. I've spent some time in psychiatric care and there are a lot of people out there who will look at you differently if they find out or they'll just think it's something to laugh about. The stigma surrounding mental health has gotten better over the years, but it still exists and will probably never disappear entirely.

Anyways, I hope you're feeling better Ocale.
9408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / MtF / PA
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

llunga wrote:



Ocale is a real boy. I thought someone would catch on by now. I'm doubting the observation skills of this community now.


I'm not real.
13649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Perth, Western Au...
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

DrunkKanti wrote:


ExiAHesP wrote:

lol, I feel like most people are literally taking the piss out of this thread...

I have been in a psychiatric ward for over 8 weeks before, sometimes 6~ weeks... I reckon if you wanna have some accurate loving conversation perhaps this is the exact place, because if you haven't seen already people are making a joke of it already... which is actually pretty lit *sarcasm*

I think it was really only the one guy who was being a dick. Everybody else seems pretty sincere in their concern and curiosity.

I know what you mean though. I've spent some time in psychiatric care and there are a lot of people out there who will look at you differently if they find out or they'll just think it's something to laugh about. The stigma surrounding mental health has gotten better over the years, but it still exists and will probably never disappear entirely.

Anyways, I hope you're feeling better Ocale.


yeah, there certainly is a lot of stigma surrounding mental health and the relating subjects
19829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
Glad you are doing better.


How are you coping now?
9408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / MtF / PA
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

nukadude wrote:

Glad you are doing better.


How are you coping now?


Just taking my new meds, relying on my sweetheart to help me when I feel bad and not letting myself bottle it up as much, just looking ahead to my first appointment of therapy at a place that specialises in LGBT matters. I'm still just as sad but I feel a little bit more hopeful at the very least. The medication I'm on now is rather fast acting and works more on a day by day basis rather than slowly like other meds like Prozac for example. I feel a little less depressed, but still just as sad, if that makes any sense.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.