First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you get vaccinated?
13841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/12/17

LakeJucas wrote:


Potentsaliva wrote:

I don't but I'm not opposed, cause I don't subscribe to the scientism that most subscribe to, and readily exhibit skepticism as to the foundation, unexamed, and assumptive nature of the current model of medicine of which we generally operate from. However if you wanna be a christian when viewing this you can go ahead, but do realize that your not being an alternative to superstition, but are really just postulating yourself within the same hierarchical worldview as some objective authority. But go ahead and label me as some kind of idiot/lunatic because I'm saying something outside of your conditioning. Science has never been wrong before, people are spot on with their observations and interpretations withing the scope of their limited models of reality. Babies don't feel pain, electroshock therapy is a great way to treat mental illness, lobotomies are advanced and modern everyone.


Didn't even make it to the second page before we got one


Got one what? Can you even define what your talking/pointing at or are you just going to be vague as fuck in your half assed method to shut me down with out even engaging me within any conversation as to what I mean by what I'm saying? Or are you just going to go off you imaginary interpretation as to what I mean without even asking me in the first place?
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/12/17

Potentsaliva wrote:


LakeJucas wrote:


Potentsaliva wrote:

I don't but I'm not opposed, cause I don't subscribe to the scientism that most subscribe to, and readily exhibit skepticism as to the foundation, unexamed, and assumptive nature of the current model of medicine of which we generally operate from. However if you wanna be a christian when viewing this you can go ahead, but do realize that your not being an alternative to superstition, but are really just postulating yourself within the same hierarchical worldview as some objective authority. But go ahead and label me as some kind of idiot/lunatic because I'm saying something outside of your conditioning. Science has never been wrong before, people are spot on with their observations and interpretations withing the scope of their limited models of reality. Babies don't feel pain, electroshock therapy is a great way to treat mental illness, lobotomies are advanced and modern everyone.


Didn't even make it to the second page before we got one


Got one what? Can you even define what your talking/pointing at or are you just going to be vague as fuck in your half assed method to shut me down with out even engaging me within any conversation as to what I mean by what I'm saying? Or are you just going to go off you imaginary interpretation as to what I mean without even asking me in the first place?


We got a genius, I mean. There are so many geniuses when it comes to the topic of vaccines. How much conversation do you want to have about this? We already know you know better than doctors because you are skeptical. You clearly know so much more about this than me, you would just be talking over my head.
13841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

LakeJucas wrote:


Potentsaliva wrote:


LakeJucas wrote:


Potentsaliva wrote:

I don't but I'm not opposed, cause I don't subscribe to the scientism that most subscribe to, and readily exhibit skepticism as to the foundation, unexamed, and assumptive nature of the current model of medicine of which we generally operate from. However if you wanna be a christian when viewing this you can go ahead, but do realize that your not being an alternative to superstition, but are really just postulating yourself within the same hierarchical worldview as some objective authority. But go ahead and label me as some kind of idiot/lunatic because I'm saying something outside of your conditioning. Science has never been wrong before, people are spot on with their observations and interpretations withing the scope of their limited models of reality. Babies don't feel pain, electroshock therapy is a great way to treat mental illness, lobotomies are advanced and modern everyone.


Didn't even make it to the second page before we got one


Got one what? Can you even define what your talking/pointing at or are you just going to be vague as fuck in your half assed method to shut me down with out even engaging me within any conversation as to what I mean by what I'm saying? Or are you just going to go off you imaginary interpretation as to what I mean without even asking me in the first place?


We got a genius, I mean. There are so many geniuses when it comes to the topic of vaccines. How much conversation do you want to have about this? We already know you know better than doctors because you are skeptical. You clearly know so much more about this than me, you would just be talking over my head.


I'm gonna try and not to be mean but again what your going on about is just really your imagination as to what I'm saying. Honestly are you even aware as to the level of assumption as to what your even going about from what I said? I mean your exempting me to a level of contempt that isn't even necessary, and aren't even trying to engage me and ask as to what I mean by what I said.... honestly people like you are why I don't even engage with people about pretty much anything since you won't even allow the space for me to say things and even if I did say something you wouldn't even hear me for what I'm saying cause your so caught up in your egoic paradigm.

I dunno what you think I'm saying but to clarify what I am saying is that it would be retarded to say that vaccines haven't saved any lives in the past or have helped people. It might also be equally retarded to say that because they've done something worthwhile in the past they must be good through all times, because we've gotten ridden of measles , polio , all all these things so we can't further examine this any further or look at it cause we've found the salvation!!!!!!! Science isn't really good or bad tbh, but if you wanna perceive it in that manner go ahead.

But I'm gonna be honest I don't wanna engage any further with someone like you or really any stranger that I don't know cause it's exhausitng and a waste of my energy and time tbh.
84874 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
I'm sure I must have been given vaccines as a baby, since there were some required back then (though not as many as are required now), and I had a tetanus shot as a teen, but nothing since. I don't get sick easily, so it doesn't really matter. Even when I do get sick, I recover much faster then anyone else I've ever known. In the last 20+ years, I've only caught an illness 2 times. I've had a couple medical problems other than that, but it was shingles (which is not a new illness, but from chicken pox I got as a kid), and a rare autoimmune disease (vaccine doesn't help there).
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 1/31/18

Potentsaliva wrote:

I'm gonna try and not to be mean but again what your going on about is just really your imagination as to what I'm saying. Honestly are you even aware as to the level of assumption as to what your even going about from what I said? I mean your exempting me to a level of contempt that isn't even necessary, and aren't even trying to engage me and ask as to what I mean by what I said.... honestly people like you are why I don't even engage with people about pretty much anything since you won't even allow the space for me to say things and even if I did say something you wouldn't even hear me for what I'm saying cause your so caught up in your egoic paradigm.

I dunno what you think I'm saying but to clarify what I am saying is that it would be retarded to say that vaccines haven't saved any lives in the past or have helped people. It might also be equally retarded to say that because they've done something worthwhile in the past they must be good through all times, because we've gotten ridden of measles , polio , all all these things so we can't further examine this any further or look at it cause we've found the salvation!!!!!!! Science isn't really good or bad tbh, but if you wanna perceive it in that manner go ahead.

But I'm gonna be honest I don't wanna engage any further with someone like you or really any stranger that I don't know cause it's exhausitng and a waste of my energy and time tbh.




Just like a conspiracy theorist, an anti-vaccine advocate uses whatever information they have not in the interest of science but to act as though they know more than the average person. Your first post did not escape this strange meme.


Potentsaliva wrote:

I don't but I'm not opposed, cause I don't subscribe to the scientism that most subscribe to, and readily exhibit skepticism as to the foundation, unexamed, and assumptive nature of the current model of medicine of which we generally operate from. However if you wanna be a christian when viewing this you can go ahead, but do realize that your not being an alternative to superstition, but are really just postulating yourself within the same illusory hierarchical worldview as some objective authority. But go ahead and label me as some kind of idiot/lunatic because I'm saying something outside of your conditioning. Science has never been wrong before, people are spot on with their observations and interpretations withing the scope of their limited models of reality. Babies don't feel pain, electroshock therapy is a great way to treat mental illness, lobotomies are advanced and modern everyone.


The strange irony of using modern technology to dismiss the advances of over 50 years of medicine has never been lost on me. But, I'm guessing this isn't the first time you've been on this cruise.
13841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
So if anyone has actually read and seen what's going on I hope you realize the example the person above has exhibited of the religious myopia that consumes and possess people who are so deluded in their imagination as to what others are saying cause they've encountered others with such extreme views as their own assumes that I am against vaccines, or have chosen sides on this battlefield of morality, or this salvation platitude.

I think I understand and am assuming that your passionate, but your passionate in your own self-importance and importance of feeling right.
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

Potentsaliva wrote:

So if anyone has actually read and seen what's going on I hope you realize the example the person above has exhibited of the religious myopia that consumes and possess people who are so deluded in their imagination as to what others are saying cause they've encountered others with such extreme views as their own assumes that I am against vaccines, or have chosen sides on this battlefield of morality, or this salvation platitude.

I think I understand and am assuming that your passionate, but your passionate in your own self-importance and importance of feeling right.


Yeah man, my extreme view that vaccines do not cause autism. My religious myopia prevents me from seeing the possibility that vaccines cause autism. I'm so deluded. So self-important.

The only reason you aren't directly coming out and saying what your views are is because they are unsafe and feeling superior over people requires feeling safe.

1699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

Potentsaliva wrote:

So if anyone has actually read and seen what's going on I hope you realize the example the person above has exhibited of the religious myopia that consumes and possess people who are so deluded in their imagination as to what others are saying cause they've encountered others with such extreme views as their own assumes that I am against vaccines, or have chosen sides on this battlefield of morality, or this salvation platitude.

I think I understand and am assuming that your passionate, but your passionate in your own self-importance and importance of feeling right.


You just had to take things a step further and attempt full-blown public humiliation. What the hell, man? I sure hope you don't think that you've painted yourself in a positive light.
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
Yes.
Humms 
12913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
No. I would rather get the flu and build my own immune system thank you very much.

Maybe if I'm travelling to different countries, but other than that, why would anyone get the flu shot? It's so dumb
qwueri 
23796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

Humms wrote:

No. I would rather get the flu and build my own immune system thank you very much.

Maybe if I'm travelling to different countries, but other than that, why would anyone get the flu shot? It's so dumb


Because they'd like to lessen the likelihood of being miserable for a week or more. Building up your immune system with three weakened strains of the flu is still building your immune system, even if none of them wind up being a major strain that spreads that year.
Humms 
12913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

qwueri wrote:


Humms wrote:

No. I would rather get the flu and build my own immune system thank you very much.

Maybe if I'm travelling to different countries, but other than that, why would anyone get the flu shot? It's so dumb


Because they'd like to lessen the likelihood of being miserable for a week or more. Building up your immune system with three weakened strains of the flu is still building your immune system, even if none of them wind up being a major strain that spreads that year.



Sorry, I don't believe in injecting the flu into your body.

Over the past 3 years the only signs I have experienced was being stuffy, like a head cold, even a bit of a cough. Even when I'm around people that are sick, I'm not even effected by it all that much.

It's good to get sick once and a while. Your body is an amazing thing. I'm not sticking a dam needle in me. If I need to take a couple days off work, then I'll do it. I know my body is strong to become immune.
qwueri 
23796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

Humms wrote:

Sorry, I don't believe in injecting the flu into your body.

Over the past 3 years the only signs I have experienced was being stuffy, like a head cold, even a bit of a cough. Even when I'm around people that are sick, I'm not even effected by it all that much.

It's good to get sick once and a while. Your body is an amazing thing. I'm not sticking a dam needle in me. If I need to take a couple days off work, then I'll do it. I know my body is strong to become immune.


What is that even supposed to mean, that you "don't believe in injecting the flue into your body"? Your body gets exposed to germs all the time, flu shots are just a controlled form of that to lessen the likelihood of full blown illness. I disagree that it's good for your body to go through full blown illness as it's an unnecessary tax on your body functions, but if you'd rather burn sick days on something you could have possibly prevented than get stuck with a needle that's your own prerogative.
1337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
I get vaccinated for overseas trips each time I go (not always required but I do so if there's a year in-between trips to the specific destination or when there's been a year since I was last vaccinated).
I do not get flu shots.
It isn't anything against them.
I encourage those who are elderly to get them each year, just to be safe.
Currently?
I haven't had the flu in about eleven years (not an itch or tickle or cough).
I'm content on letting my own immune system handle it, until I'm aware that my resistance has decreased due to age and overall health.
I'm suspecting I'll start getting annual year shots in my 50's (about 15 years from now); sooner, if my body starts going to hell sooner.
77477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
I can't believe all the consipiracy theorists there are going on about the flu shot.

It's there to keep you and those around you from getting sick. I have to take mine because I work with old people and you don't want me giving your grandma the flu and killing her.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.