First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you get vaccinated?
Humms 
13177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

qwueri wrote:


Humms wrote:

Sorry, I don't believe in injecting the flu into your body.

Over the past 3 years the only signs I have experienced was being stuffy, like a head cold, even a bit of a cough. Even when I'm around people that are sick, I'm not even effected by it all that much.

It's good to get sick once and a while. Your body is an amazing thing. I'm not sticking a dam needle in me. If I need to take a couple days off work, then I'll do it. I know my body is strong to become immune.


What is that even supposed to mean, that you "don't believe in injecting the flue into your body"? Your body gets exposed to germs all the time, flu shots are just a controlled form of that to lessen the likelihood of full blown illness. I disagree that it's good for your body to go through full blown illness as it's an unnecessary tax on your body functions, but if you'd rather burn sick days on something you could have possibly prevented than get stuck with a needle that's your own prerogative.


If we get sick we get sick, it's not like it's some outbreak like some serious virus that kills people.

I've never taken a sick day even though I really feel like shit, because my immune system doesn't need a needle rammed into me. I would have to be soo sick that I can't even move in order for me to take a sick day.

I put my body through unnecessary situations, because I don't know when to quit.

I'm sure people have found that out by now I don't need your dam flu shot


qwueri 
24152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

Humms wrote:

If we get sick we get sick, it's not like it's some outbreak like some serious virus that kills people.

I've never taken a sick day even though I really feel like shit, because my immune system doesn't need a needle rammed into me. I would have to be soo sick that I can't even move in order for me to take a sick day.

I put my body through unnecessary situations, because I don't know when to quit.

I'm sure people have found that out by now I don't need your dam flu shot




I certainly hope you're not in the line of work where you're spreading the misery to co-workers and customers. But as I said before, not taking a flu shot is your prerogative.
14325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17


The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that last year in the United States alone, 25 million people suffered from influenza-related illnesses, resulting in 11 million flu-associated medical visits. Although the flu virus typically peaks between December and February in the U.S., last year was one of the latest peaks on record and did not occur until mid-March. Needless to say, we’ve only just begun.




As part of a team that comes up with the vaccine for the season, I am the first to acknowledge that we don’t always get the vaccine exactly right.

But preventing a flu outbreak isn’t just the responsibility of scientists and immunologists. The other half of the equation is the public’s civic duty to help protect one another by getting the flu vaccination even if you don’t think you need it.

Getting the flu shot isn’t just about protecting your health. Vaccinations are also about protecting others.

Think of those who are most at-risk: your grandmother, your kids and other people with chronic health problems. Even if you’re not worried about getting sick yourself, if you’re infected with the virus, you’re still a potential source of infection for vulnerable populations.

http://time.com/5052980/flu-season-2017-flu-shot/
let's get off our own egocentric altitudes. it's not just about protecting our health: it's about protecting the health of others and preventing
the flu from spreading.

as for me, pretty much what @octorockandroll said.


edit: one elder over 65 years old of age now died from the flu. given that his immune system is weakened, this was most likely due to some rebel refusing to vaccine because "reasons" and spread the flu to the victim.



Connecticut's first flu-related death of the season has been noted in a recent report by the state Department of Public Health. As of Dec. 2, one person over the age of 65 has suffered a flu-associated death, according to state officials.

https://patch.com/connecticut/wallingford/s/gb4ti/first-flu-related-death-of-season-reported-in-connecticut

and another victim from Indiana


Indiana health officials announced Friday the first recorded flu-related death this season. The patient was young than 18-years-old. Flu season runs from October to May, but Indiana has only seen an uptick in cases in recent weeks.

In a statement, Indiana State Health Commissioner Kris Box, said Hoosiers should get vaccinated.

“I encourage anyone who hasn’t gotten a flu shot to get one to help protect themselves and their loved ones,” Box said.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/stateimpact/2017/12/11/indiana-records-flu-death-season/

there were also flu-related deaths in Arizona, Connecticut, Oklahoma, etc.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
Nope. My immune system is invincible. They put mercury in flu shots. You should never put any amount of mercury in your body since it is a neurotoxin. You are likely getting dumber from the flu shot since the mercury damages your brain. Flu shots being good for you is just propaganda. It's a lie meant to poison you.
14325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
in another news, a seemingly healthy 20 year old mother reportedly died from the flu



Stephanie told BuzzFeed News that Joie seemed fine on Thanksgiving, but many of their family members got sick after the holiday. Joie went home sick from her warehouse job the next Sunday and went on Tamiflu, a drug designed to treat viral flu symptoms, the next day. But on early Tuesday morning, she felt worse and began coughing up blood. Her family took her to the hospital, and an X-ray showed that she had a serious case of pneumonia. Joie was given IV antibiotics, but her health kept deteriorating. While hospital staff moved Joie to the intensive care unit, her heart stopped. Despite being resuscitated once, she died at 3:25 p.m. that day.

"I still don’t understand how this happened to her so fast—she went from feeling a little sick on Sunday to going to urgent care on Monday and then being gone by Tuesday afternoon," Stephanie told BuzzFeed News.
...
This is a reminder that serious flu complications and flu deaths can happen to anyone, says Amesh A. Adalja, M.D., a board-certified infectious disease physician and affiliated scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security. “The flu is a pretty severe infectious disease in certain cases,” he says. “It’s not as innocuous as people think—it kills thousands of Americans each year.”

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/20-year-old-mother-dies-from-flu
qwueri 
24152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

VegaStarX1 wrote:

Nope. My immune system is invincible. They put mercury in flu shots. You should never put any amount of mercury in your body since it is a neurotoxin. You are likely getting dumber from the flu shot since the mercury damages your brain. Flu shots being good for you is just propaganda. It's a lie meant to poison you.


According to the CDC the mercury-based preservative found in some vaccines does not accumulate in a human's body like the mercury found in some fish.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/thimerosal/faqs.html
Your assertions about vaccines 'making people dumber' and that flu shots are meant to poison you are completely baseless.
1379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

qwueri wrote:
According to the CDC the mercury-based preservative found in some vaccines does not accumulate in a human's body like the mercury found in some fish.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/thimerosal/faqs.html
Your assertions about vaccines 'making people dumber' and that flu shots are meant to poison you are completely baseless.


Fake news!
I once got a flu shot and my IQ dropped by a point.
I clearly got dumber because of the flu shot and there's nothing you can tell me that will convince me otherwise!
It's okay, I could afford to lose a point here or there.
But those poor souls who can't. THINK OF THEM.

Dragon
69445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
Pity that this is considered a "controversial" topic. Ask the medical professionals in your life if you should get vaccinated. Not everyone can - there are immuno-compromised folks out there, those too young, too sick, and so on to get vaccinated, so of course they should not under advice from their care professional.

Personally, I get vaccinated now that I can again. For a while my immune system wasn't all it could have been, what with the chemo and all. Had to rely on herd immunity and hope for the best at that time, much like so many do.
23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
I only take vaccines to major diseases. I don't get <current year>'s flu pandemic scare shot.

I may/maynot get the flu but if I get the shot I will get a nice dose of neurotoxins delivered straight into my veins.
77515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 1/31/18

Rujikin wrote:

I only take vaccines to major diseases. I don't get <current year>'s flu pandemic scare shot.

I may/maynot get the flu but if I get the shot I will get a nice dose of neurotoxins delivered straight into my veins.


Shakes head.

Oh and this.




519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
Wow! It's amazing we have so many geniuses here! It's really amazing only Google is needed to dispel the lies of modern medicine. But I guess it just take the right fingers typing "mercury and vaccines" into Google.

So awesome. So fresh. So crazy.
Humms 
13177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

qwueri wrote:


Humms wrote:

If we get sick we get sick, it's not like it's some outbreak like some serious virus that kills people.

I've never taken a sick day even though I really feel like shit, because my immune system doesn't need a needle rammed into me. I would have to be soo sick that I can't even move in order for me to take a sick day.

I put my body through unnecessary situations, because I don't know when to quit.

I'm sure people have found that out by now I don't need your dam flu shot




I certainly hope you're not in the line of work where you're spreading the misery to co-workers and customers. But as I said before, not taking a flu shot is your prerogative.


you haven't seen me sick, you wouldn't even notice. If I didn't go near people that are sick, I would be free of everything, but the world doesn't work that way. I go out and there are people that are sick with the flu that I wouldn't notice. I never get sick, it's other people that spread it to me.

Ya I just go up to people and cough in their face, maybe wipe my nose with my hand and shake someone's hand. Sarcasm is my second language as well.

Can't do anything about it, and a flu shot won't do jack shit for me since I have an excellent immune system. We get sick, we tough through it. 3 or 4 days out of the year for me. I think I can deal with it, it's just the other people who have a shit immune system.

qwueri 
24152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

Humms wrote:

you haven't seen me sick, you wouldn't even notice. If I didn't go near people that are sick, I would be free of everything, but the world doesn't work that way. I go out and there are people that are sick with the flu that I wouldn't notice. I never get sick, it's other people that spread it to me.

Ya I just go up to people and cough in their face, maybe wipe my nose with my hand and shake someone's hand. Sarcasm is my second language as well.

Can't do anything about it, and a flu shot won't do jack shit for me since I have an excellent immune system. We get sick, we tough through it. 3 or 4 days out of the year for me. I think I can deal with it, it's just the other people who have a shit immune system.



So you never get sick, except when you tough it out 3-4 days a year. You don't spread the flu when you're sick, because you have such an excellent immune system that nobody would notice you being sick, it's just other people with shitty immune systems that need to step up to your level somehow. How could anyone possibly argue with logic like that?

*note: I'm not advocating everyone and their mothers get a flu shot. Everyone has their own reasons and needs. It's certainly not the kind of thing that needs an convoluted reason or conspiracy theory to get out of.
1138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
Saw no need to.
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

qwueri wrote:


Humms wrote:

you haven't seen me sick, you wouldn't even notice. If I didn't go near people that are sick, I would be free of everything, but the world doesn't work that way. I go out and there are people that are sick with the flu that I wouldn't notice. I never get sick, it's other people that spread it to me.

Ya I just go up to people and cough in their face, maybe wipe my nose with my hand and shake someone's hand. Sarcasm is my second language as well.

Can't do anything about it, and a flu shot won't do jack shit for me since I have an excellent immune system. We get sick, we tough through it. 3 or 4 days out of the year for me. I think I can deal with it, it's just the other people who have a shit immune system.



So you never get sick, except when you tough it out 3-4 days a year. You don't spread the flu when you're sick, because you have such an excellent immune system that nobody would notice you being sick, it's just other people with shitty immune systems that need to step up to your level somehow. How could anyone possibly argue with logic like that?


Love how he says his immune system is excellent but that a flu vaccine wouldn't do anything for him.

Or that it's not him who actually gets sick but it's other people getting sick who spread it to him (which would mean he gets sick)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.