Post Reply Neo Yokio and Canada
40119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Hyrule
Offline
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/12/17
Today, Netflix released information on Canadian viewership.

Of all the cool anime on the platform, somehow Canadians picked Neo Yokio as their favorite.



On behalf of Canada and common sense, I'd like to offer my heartfelt apologies to planet Earth and the rest of the known universe.

May you forgive us for this crime.
40119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Hyrule
Offline
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/12/17
3682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/12/17
"savour"? Canadians spell like Brits too apparently.
7929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/11/17 , edited 12/12/17


All is forgiven with a little toblerone.
99563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
don't look at me I was watching Strong Girl Bong Soon Do
99563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

HOOfan_1 wrote:

"savour"? Canadians spell like Brits too apparently.


Well, yes.....we find the microsoft spellchecker very annoying for thinking otherwise

77832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

Greylurker wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:

"savour"? Canadians spell like Brits too apparently.


Well, yes.....we find the microsoft spellchecker very annoying for thinking otherwise



Hear hear.


36603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
As a fellow Canadian I'm sorry for our terrible tastes.
3682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

Greylurker wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:

"savour"? Canadians spell like Brits too apparently.


Well, yes.....we find the microsoft spellchecker very annoying for thinking otherwise



I know you say "zed" for the last letter of the alphabet, do you also say "aluminium"?
36603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17

HOOfan_1 wrote:


Greylurker wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:

"savour"? Canadians spell like Brits too apparently.


Well, yes.....we find the microsoft spellchecker very annoying for thinking otherwise



I know you say "zed" for the last letter of the alphabet, do you also say "aluminium"?


don't forget colour. and Zamboni
33 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/13/17

HOOfan_1 wrote:


Greylurker wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:

"savour"? Canadians spell like Brits too apparently.


Well, yes.....we find the microsoft spellchecker very annoying for thinking otherwise



I know you say "zed" for the last letter of the alphabet, do you also say "aluminium"?


Aluminum is pronounced here the same way as the US. I don't know where Brits got the extra i.

However I do pronounce pecan as "pa-khan" and not "pee-can" like you yanks do. I'd also like to point out that through is still spelt properly and not as "thru". Oh and I don't know what a "donut" is, I think you guys mean "doughnut".

As for Neo Yokio I've never watched it, but Canadian Netflix doesn't have much of a selection. It's possible that the people watching it had just already seen everything else.
3682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/13/17

super_eagle wrote:

However I do pronounce pecan as "pa-khan" and not "pee-can" like you yanks do. I'd also like to point out that through is still spelt properly and not as "thru". Oh and I don't know what a "donut" is, I think you guys mean "doughnut".

As for Neo Yokio I've never watched it, but Canadian Netflix doesn't have much of a selection. It's possible that the people watching it had just already seen everything else.


I am from Virginia, thus not a Yank....

I pronounce it "pee-kahn" I don't think spelling "through" as "thru" is considered correct in America either...it's just used as an abbreviation.
33 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/13/17

HOOfan_1 wrote:

I am from Virginia, thus not a Yank....

I pronounce it "pee-kahn" I don't think spelling "through" as "thru" is considered correct in America either...it's just used as an abbreviation.


Here "Yank" is a catch-all term for any American, has nothing to do with sides during the civil war.

7579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/17 , edited 12/12/17
Is it bad I thought it was decent?
Although I think the entire show was set up only to deliver the final line


super_eagle wrote:


HOOfan_1 wrote:

I am from Virginia, thus not a Yank....

I pronounce it "pee-kahn" I don't think spelling "through" as "thru" is considered correct in America either...it's just used as an abbreviation.


Here "Yank" is a catch-all term for any American, has nothing to do with sides during the civil war.


*Sojiro Sakura voice* Let me explain!

Actually, the term "yankee" predates the civil war and refers to a New Englander, particularly with a reputation for thrift.
You must be logged in to post.